• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In fairness Monk has been the firm favourite for the job for quite a while so you would expect the Gazette to be doing more articles about him than anyone else.

Yeah true. Like I say, it's no indication that they know anything.

tbh, i think its always been monk, but not sure if the leeds resignation has some sort of contractual loop holes that need to be avoided. also sounds like pearson has shown gibson how much he really wants the job & has put up a good case for himself and given gibbo something to think about. still expect monk to be announced fairly soon though.

all just my opionion, feel free to rip to shreads if you so wish..

Didn't we have a similar situation when we went for Martin O'Neil, he wanted his own backroom staff but Gibbo insisted on Bill Beswick staying so we missed out, Gibbs needs to learn to let a manager manage with the backroom staff he wants and stop sentimentality getting in the way

Think We also missed out on hitzfeld that way as he wanted to bring a German staff. We ended up with Southgate... I still don't think Agnew is the sole reason we still don't have a manager.

Think We also missed out on hitzfeld that way as he wanted to bring a German staff. We ended up with Southgate... I still don't think Agnew is the sole reason we still don't have a manager.

Wasn't the German manager we missed out on Felix Magath?

For a second a radical departure was possible – but Steve Gibson promptly back-heeled the move and chipped the CV into the wastepaper bin. He said he didn’t want to turn the club into “Middlesbrough am Rhine” with an army of German speaking Teutonic coaches and nutritionists and scouts invading Hurworth and reshaping Boro along continental lines just as the Academy was starting to hit top gear.

“I looked at a German coach,” said Gibson. “He wanted to bring in a German fitness coach, German masseur, German players. We were going to become Middlesbrough-on-Rhine. It didn’t feel right. We had all these kids coming through from our academy. An outside manager might not recognise that, but Gareth knew.

“He is a good man, with integrity and fantastic football experience. He will make mistakes as he’s inexperienced, but he has the intellect to learn from those mistakes. That is why we went for Gareth over more experienced people.”‘

This may be coming out of left field but Leeds fan saying Monk is being lined up for Burnley and he is waiting on developments with Dyche to Palace.

Gibson better hurry up as any movement with managers could have a domino effect and we miss out on targets