• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not my choice but I will as usual give him 100% support and hope that everyone else does too.

At this stage not bothered about who he keeps/lets go as that is his job so we will just have to watch that with interest.

In depth analysis of Monk's Tactical Philosophy from his time at Swansea:

"Garry Monk’s tactical philosophy is based on an attractive, possession style of play. This style during his time at Swansea then allows for one or even two players to bring their individualism to the team and create moments of magic. Look at this past season, where using Wilfried Bony, up until January, and Gylfi Sigurdsson as examples, we see players who were left by Monk to play their natural game and it proved so effective. This is a sharp contrast from the high press, hard-working Swansea sides Monk was part of in their rise to the Premier League, only beginning this period of attractive football under the leadership of now-Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers.

This hasn’t been Monk’s only way of finding victory however, and the hard-working, physical nature of the Swansea sides he first played in under the likes of Kenny Jackett come out in force. Particularly away from home against the top sides, Monk’s side are set up as to use a different area of the pitch to counter attack on another side."

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/09/tactical-philosophy-garry-monk/

Happy with Monk, do you all think Beattie will be his number 2?  I really hope we clear the decks and start again.

Beattie was a striker coach at Leeds and Swansea. He might come in as number 2, but I think he'll recruit a new one.

Happy with Monk, do you all think Beattie will be his number 2?  I really hope we clear the decks and start again.

He was first team coach at Leeds goalkeeping coach Darryl Flavahan will be coming in as well

I think Beattie will be a First Team Coach. Either Jenkins or Woodgate would likely make way.

No disrespect to any of last season's staff but i Hope we start with a clean slate. Get rid off the lot of them or give them jobs in the academy if we really want to keep hold of them.

Steve Agnew is another matter. Anyone know what's happening with him?

I think Beattie will be a First Team Coach. Either Jenkins or Woodgate would likely make way.

No disrespect to any of last season's staff but i Hope we start with a clean slate. Get rid off the lot of them or give them jobs in the academy if we really want to keep hold of them.

Thats just ridiculous. Of course we have some good coaches at the club. There is absolutely no reason to sack qualified personel just because the people in command failed last season.

I can see it being:

MANAGER: Garry Monk

ASSISTANT: Steve Agnew

FT COACH: James Beattie

FT COACH: Jonathan Woodgate

GK COACH: Daryl Flahavan

FITNESS COACH: Adam Kerr

HEAD PHYSIO: Chris Moseley

ACADEMY COACH: Paul Jenkins / Craig Liddle

Most the staff from last season have already gone. Doubt there'll be space for Joe Jordan in there, so the only remaining ones would be the long termers (Kerr, Moseley, Jenkins) plus Agnew and Woodgate, who seem to be Gibbo's project men.

Thats just ridiculous. Of course we have some good coaches at the club. There is absolutely no reason to sack qualified personel just because the people in command failed last season.

I suppose it depends on their willingness to welcome Monk? If Monk wants to control every area of the club I guess it could create tension a*** the existing coaching staff. Karanka allegdly tried to control the way and manner of his coaches (?), and was initially lauded and later slated for it. 

I guess the willingness of the existing coaching staff to adapt to Monk's ethos will decide the fate of many. I don't think 'demoting' first team coaches to the academy will be considered effective management.

I'd have Beattie as a forward coach and woody as the defencive coach and if Agnew is as good a coach as people say I'd have him as an overall coach. Monk can then bring in a number 2. I'd love to keep leo but can't really see a place for him if monk brings in a keeper coach. Maybe overall academy keeper coach

I'd have Beattie as a forward coach and woody as the defencive coach and if Agnew is as good a coach as people say I'd have him as an overall coach. Monk can then bring in a number 2. I'd love to keep leo but can't really see a place for him if monk brings in a keeper coach. Maybe overall academy keeper coach

That's how I imagine it being, but with Agnew overseeing the general coaching side under his title as Assistant Manager. Can't see him holding any other title personally, though I imagine he'd be working closely with James Beattie.

Has Gibson actually deliberately waited until today to do this or do you think it's just coincidental?

Great news to finish of a bad week for me. Obviously, I will give him at least 6 months before I start calling him. Glad its Monk as I thought he was the best choice for the club at this time.

UTB