oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

I don't get the get rid of the whole midfield idea.  We have a midfield in Clayton leadbitter and forshaw that got us promoted   With the exception of leadbitter they will be better players now after a season in the premier   Ok they failed in the premier league but we aren't ther now.  If we keep the basis of the team that got promotion and add attacking flair and goals we must stand a great chance

Agreed, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water"

We have a strong Squad for the Championship with more flair and pace in the front 4 than the promotion side already, any additions should be quality not quantity.....Helder Costa please or someone very similar.

Completely agree. Keep Clayton as a starter but add someone better than Forshaw, Guediora and Leadbitter and let them be backup.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who wants to play a bit of Garry Monk press conference buzz-word bingo?

My starting quotes, rep point for each one that is said:

"As soon as I spoke with the chairman there was only one place I wanted to go"

"This is a premier league club"

"If you look around, the facilities are premier league quality"

"I've inherited a great squad"

"Looking forward to working with a great chairman"

Any more?

"The chance to manage Stuani, was too tempting to resist"

"I'm looking forward to working alongside Steve Agnew"

"Consolidation is the key, let's not get ahead of ourselves"

"I hear that Marvin Emnes is a free agent, I remember him from my time at Swansea and I'd love to bring him back to Boro"

"We have a saying at Boro....All aboard the Monkanought"

Great to see so many people turn up for my first press conference as a Boro manager....

.... But Leeds would've brought more!!

I'm quite content with Monk’s appointment. He’s a young manager that’s had a lot of experience in a relatively short period of time. He’s someone that can grow with the club as invariably needs to happen due to the requisite re-build. I think there’s a lot to be said for the comparisons between Monk and Karanka and their style of play, however given the remit from Gibson to build a team with a bit more creativity and flair, I can’t for the life of me imagine Monk will come in and play a dour Karanka style of football. To be fair if Karanka came in with the same remit now (hypothetically not having managed us previously) I don’t think he would either (I don’t know if I’m giving him too much credit?). Let’s see what happens, but I’m optimistic.

That's true. It also bears remembering that Monk has never managed a big fish in a small pond before. Swansea are obviously a bottom-half team, and Leeds are a big club, but recently have been nothing more than mid-table. Having a budget and the personnel that outweighs most if not all of the division may result in a more expansive style.

Disappointing that it's not being streamed anywhere?

The press conferences aren't usually, are they? They come on the club's YouTube channel an hour or two later.

Disappointing that it's not being streamed anywhere?

It's the Boro style. We don't do live events. In three days time you might find a grainy audio clip on the website.