• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear what you are saying Rich but the issue of buying players at this time is not an relevent, all I am suggesting is that the man under present conditions could be the perfect choice to do something about it. Yes it will mean Boro thinking out of the box but I do not recall anyone saying anything negative about him whilst he was managing Brentford and Rangers in fact both sets of fans and players seem to have got behind his philosophy totally.

Self made man comes into football because he felt he could do a jo and proved that, his one overpowering advantage is that he seems to be able to gel the players and get the best out of what he had to his disposal. Certainly Brentford took a nose dive once he was gone and both them and rangers were bemused at his departure. he may very well rattle and upset the powers that be but he could be the man to save our season. Beyond that well time will tell and if he did stay he will have more money to spend on players that will adapt to his style, let's be honest he can't do anyworse than what is happening now.

As I said it was just a personal opinion

Well doesn look like hes going anywhere before next week. I really thought i would wake up with the news ak had gone. Guess VB info was incorrect

VB did not state that AK would be going, though still plenty of time for that to be the case, indeed perhaps we should brace ourselves that nothing will change until at least the cup game is out of the way

I hear what you are saying Rich but the issue of buying players at this time is not an relevent, all I am suggesting is that the man under present conditions could be the perfect choice to do something about it. Yes it will mean Boro thinking out of the box but I do not recall anyone saying anything negative about him whilst he was managing Brentford and Rangers in fact both sets of fans and players seem to have got behind his philosophy totally.

Self made man comes into football because he felt he could do a jo and proved that, his one overpowering advantage is that he seems to be able to gel the players and get the best out of what he had to his disposal. Certainly Brentford took a nose dive once he was gone and both them and rangers were bemused at his departure. he may very well rattle and upset the powers that be but he could be the man to save our season. Beyond that well time will tell and if he did stay he will have more money to spend on players that will adapt to his style, let's be honest he can't do anyworse than what is happening now.

The problem is almost any manager that we could get now has just been sacked by someone

The problem is almost any manager that we could get now has just been sacked by someone

It doesn't necessarily make you a bad manager because you've been sacked, infact there's probably not many managers in football that haven't had the sack at some point.

The phrase "stick or twist" sums up or situation then :(

I think Peter Kenyon will pick our next manager. Looking at the fixture list, a new manager now has nearly a month before the series of important games - I'm excluding City and United to keep things realistic.

As such I would expect any decision to be made tomorrow. If not Gibson is sticking with AK.

I've no idea who Kenyon would pick but my guess is not someone off the usual suspects lists.

Having been there yesterday and stayed to the bitter end, I see no way for AK to turn this round. Looking at the bigger picture we've been struggling for a long, long while.

The transfer decisions for the 1st team have been all over the place. Not what we were led to believe would be the case.

11 games to try and rescue things. Stranger things have happened but I do think it needs a change in approach which I don't think AK could manage.

If we do replace AK, there's no guarentee that it would be a long term replacement. In fact, our predicament is currently such that I wouldn't be surprised to see a Hiddink-type come in (not him neccessarily, but a manager with bags of experience) on high wages with the brief of saving our bacon, then riding off into the sunset in the summer, allowing us to start fresh as a better prospect for an incoming long-term manager.

As edinboro said, many people connected to Kenyon and Jorge Mendes fit that bill.

Does Mark Warburton come under their umbrella? question from DS

I don't want anyone connected with Kenyon or Mendes here.

Actually I agree with you because every aspect of their involvement of MFC seems to have gone spectacularly wrong and it is hard to think of anything positive.

So I hope Warburton is not under their control :D

I don't want anyone connected with Kenyon or Mendes here.

Actually I agree with you because every aspect of their involvement of MFC seems to have gone spectacularly wrong and it is hard to think of anything positive.

So I hope Warburton is not under their control :D

Promotion was somewhat positive...

You have a point but not many of those promotion players are still around and if so improved during the season, we are not as good as the final 10 games of last season bar the four agonising draws we had to endure and scraping through on last game of season. Glad we did though as I am not sure we would have done well in the play offs due to the nervy performances we were producing.

Also can not remember Kenyon or Mendes scoring any goals during the season (only joking here Micky)

I'd be very happy with a Pearson / Hignett combo.

Pearson would get the players fired up.

Hignett would counteract Pearson's unpopularity and we actually scored goals when he was last here.

We have to make a change. Playing Ramirez/Traore on the wrong wings yesterday was the final straw for me - Aitor's lost it. Too many bad vibes around the place and I can see us losing every game from here on in.

You have a point but not many of those promotion players are still around and if so improved during the season, we are not as good as the final 10 games of last season bar the four agonising draws we had to endure and scraping through on last game of season. Glad we did though as I am not sure we would have done well in the play offs due to the nervy performances we were producing

Ramirez, Gibson, Ayala, Friend, Clayton, Leadbitter all started yesterday that's over half of the team that was a regular in our promotion side. Forshaw, Dimi, Downing still here. We still have the majority of the 11.

Your point about improving is valid however Gibson has come on leaps and bounds and Clayton has eventually settled and improved. Ayala and Friend could have if not for injury. Forshaw showed initial signs but has been a passenger since Christmas. Ramirez - looks like he's just proved everyone who said he wasn't cut out for the PL right.