• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's odd, but as far as I'm concerned, if we don't replace Karanka before the end of the season and we go back down, I'd prefer AK to stay on and get us back up again.

For me, if we were to replace him now, it would have to be with a manager that has a lot of top flight experience, not another up and coming man, it would have to be someone who would have a chance of keeping us in the premier league, a quick fix for the short term.

Not being funny, but how do you see that working, given that half the squad appear to want him out? The only way it would work is with a big player clear-out (which would require a very busy and successful Summer).

And there's no guarantee there wouldn't be more personality clashes further down the line.

The ideal solution, for me, would be to replace Karanka now (or at least after the Man Utd game) with a big name...or at least an experienced PL manager. Unfortunately I just don't see Gibson going that route.

Wish people would stop suggesting people like Wagner and Hughton. Why would they come to our sinking ship when they're on the verge of getting promoted with their own projects at their prospective clubs!

True. I've wondered that when Wagner has been mentioned a few times.

Having said that, I guess the answer COULD be that they want to cash in while their stock is high... and might see Boro as a bigger set up.

However, in essence I don't really see why they'd come here.

I was saying the same thing the other week about Wagner, why would he leave when he see's huddersfield as a project and a other forum member mentioned that he turned down (or distanced himself) from one of the bigger German jobs recently. As for Hughson, his stock will rise much more if he does a respectable job in the premier League next year with Brighton so it makes no sense for him either. There haven't been many realistic names mentioned in this thread which tells you all you need to know about why the club would be hesitant to pull the trigger. I think we would have to look abroad for someone of a similar stature of AK if we decided that his position was untenable.

As to our next new manager, I'd ideally like Gibson to go for an ex-Premier League player who's had some experience of coaching  and / or management.

Some of the former Man Utd, ***nal etc. players from the 90s, who may have gone back to their home countries to coach or manage and have got their coaching badges.

I'd even go as far as trying to tempt guys like Juninho or Mendieta to come back.

I just think a younger guy with some reasonably recent playing experience will bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm to the job, as opposed to some old-timer who's already managed a dozen clubs and is pretty set in his ways.

Bergkamp? Henry? Viera?

Dunno how much experience those guys have, or how much success...but yes, thats the general idea. Also read that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is doing pretty well over in Norway, after his ill-fated stint with Cardiff.

I know there is a lot to be said for experience, but when you look at all the usual suspects who seem to get hired, then sacked every couple of years (or even less), it just makes me think we ought to stick with our policy of giving younger guys a chance.

New ideas, less expectation and more chance to build a team the way they want to, rather than trying / expecting to achieve instant results.

It's odd, but as far as I'm concerned, if we don't replace Karanka before the end of the season and we go back down, I'd prefer AK to stay on and get us back up again.

For me, if we were to replace him now, it would have to be with a manager that has a lot of top flight experience, not another up and coming man, it would have to be someone who would have a chance of keeping us in the premier league, a quick fix for the short term.

Not being funny, but how do you see that working, given that half the squad appear to want him out? The only way it would work is with a big player clear-out (which would require a very busy and successful Summer).

And there's no guarantee there wouldn't be more personality clashes further down the line.

The ideal solution, for me, would be to replace Karanka now (or at least after the Man Utd game) with a big name...or at least an experienced PL manager. Unfortunately I just don't see Gibson going that route.

Do we really know for sure that half the squad want him out? Where did that come from?

If we were to go down, we would lose quite a few players anyway, so it wouldn't make much difference. The ones that would stay would be the likes of Clayton, Fabio, Friend, leads, Forshaw, Stuani, Gestede and Bernardo, all of them very good championship players and as far as I know, happy to work with Karanka

Downing and Bamford aren't 'half the squad'. And we don't even know how much Karanka's comments have upset Bamford.

What's Sven up to these days?

He's the sort of charismatic manager that we need. Anyone in their mid fifties who can lure a young Ulrika Jonsson into bed, must have something about him! :)

Sven is of course managing in the Chinese second division

I think if Karanka was to leave i think short term Hodgson would be a realistic shout he got Fulham out of a similar rut so has the experience. I think he would be a very good appointment for anyone in the bottom half of the table.

Aside from an absolute coup like Mancini or Hiddink, Hodgson would be one of the only suggestions made so far that I'd actually be happy with.

AV writing articles on the next Boro boss when the time comes, I think it's happening folks.

If he gets sacked in the next year KM will claim this as insider knowledge.

Would any of you be happy with Pardew?

He usually has a decent start whenever he takes over a club before the wheels start coming off.

I personally really dislike the bloke, and I would be willing to bet Gibson wouldn't entertain him at all.

However, you're spot on in that his initial impact is oftern very impressive, so if we could get that bounce, it could be enough to keep us up, which is the immediate task at hand.

Would any of you be happy with Pardew?

He usually has a decent start whenever he takes over a club before the wheels start coming off.

I personally really dislike the bloke, and I would be willing to bet Gibson wouldn't entertain him at all.

However, you're spot on in that his initial impact is oftern very impressive, so if we could get that bounce, it could be enough to keep us up, which is the immediate task at hand.

I've been toying with the idea of Pardew for a few days, for exactly the reasons you've mentioned. He usually comes in and has an instant impact and plays some decent attacking football from what I remember. I hate the guy and don't rate him as a coach really, he can't effect games if something goes against him, but if we could just ride that wave until the summer it could be an inspired signing.

Now I'm just going to wash my mouth out for even thinking about him.