oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

I'm at work so don't have the time to read in details, was he sacked or was it a mutual decision?

And if it's British, I reckon SG will take a punt on Giggs. Would be delighted with Hiddink until the end of the season though. Don't see him staying beyond.

According to the official club statement, they "had a discussion" and decided it would be in their mutual interest to part company.

I'm guessing Gibson told Karanka that he'd given him as long as he could...

Guillem Balague said it was all very amicable and he's left on good terms.

Never said otherwise, did I?

Steve seems a very decent bloke. I'm sure he wasn't throwing stuff at Aitor and telling him to f*** off ;)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm at work so don't have the time to read in details, was he sacked or was it a mutual decision?

And if it's British, I reckon SG will take a punt on Giggs. Would be delighted with Hiddink until the end of the season though. Don't see him staying beyond.

According to the official club statement, they "had a discussion" and decided it would be in their mutual interest to part company.

I'm guessing Gibson told Karanka that he'd given him as long as he could...

Guillem Balague said it was all very amicable and he's left on good terms.

Never said otherwise, did I?

Steve seems a very decent bloke. I'm sure he wasn't throwing stuff at Aitor and telling him to f*** off ;)

I never said you did say otherwise, did I?

I really liked Aitor but unfortunately it had to be done. I was hoping at the start of this season he would evolve a little more as a manager but in the end he seems to have got in a rut and shown a extremely stubborn side and a unwillingness to try anything new. 

I'm not as bothered about the fall out stories as much, to be honest in our position I'd be annoyed if there wasn't some falling outs and truths told.

Who knows who will come in. If Mendes/Kenyon and the likes are involved it could be someone completely out of the blue.

Wonder if Jose will put AK on his tracksuit at some point?

Imagine the scenes if Jose recruits AK and he's sat on the opposition dugout on Sunday! Gulp.

Wonder if Jose will put AK on his tracksuit at some point?

Imagine the scenes if Jose recruits AK and he's sat on the opposition dugout on Sunday! Gulp.

Maybe a bit early for sunday, but certainly not beyond the realms of the possible though (persoanlly think he could end up at Bilbao)

Just woke up to the news. I think it's a bit of a sad day today. Look I'm not going to sit here and complain, yeah I've always liked Aitor, but as I've said over the past few weeks his position has become increasingly untenable. Obviously the work he has done up to august 2016 was brilliant and he got us where we needed to be. Going into the season, I really thought that AK's solid defensive winning formula would be just what we needed for this season, but obviously that hasn't turned out to be the case.

I think he's been unlucky with the clubs failure in the transfer market, I think he has been let down by several players and it's just unfortunate that after a lot of very good work for the club that things have ended this way.

But at the end of the day, we are boro supporters not Aitor supporters. We've got to try to put in a spirited performance Sunday then take a breath and get this team ready for a massive set of games. Who we want, who we will get, I'm not sure. The only short terms names that spring to mind would be Guus or Woy. I personally think that would be the way to approach it, get someone in to try to keep us a float, get to may and see where we stand.

Just to illustrate how far we've come under Karanka, the first league goal scored in his reign was by Muzzy Carayol, the last one was Alvaro Negredo.

And can you confirm if that last goal was in this decade?