• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy but sad but BBC stats say it all

Worst shot conversion rate in 2016-17, including blocked shots, of 7.76%.

Fewest touches inside the opposition box - 392 in 27 games, an average of 14.5 per game.

Fewest shots from outside the box - 16 in 27 games.

Scored one goal from outside the box, another Premier League low.

Created the fewest chances - 173 including assists.

And history is not on their side...

In 15 of the 25 Premier League seasons since 1992, the lowest scorers have been relegated.

Since 1992, only 14 other teams have scored 19 goals or fewer after 27 Premier League games. Only five of them have stayed up.

Just to illustrate how far we've come under Karanka, the first league goal scored in his reign was by Muzzy Carayol, the last one was Alvaro Negredo.

And can you confirm if that last goal was in this decade?

I can neither confirm or deny that.

I am puzzled by the calls from some on here to give the job to Roy Hodgson. He was a disaster for England, (can anyone forget Iceland), and he was truly awful at Liverpool and West Brom,( for which I can personally vouch as I watched a lot of WBA that season). There was dancing in the streets in the Black Country when he announced he was leaving so why on earth would he be the answer to our troubles?. I am reading that he has experience, well so he should have, he is older than Gods dog for goodness sake.

Torn between sadness & realism, can't fault Karanka's commitment and passion but his unwillingness to change in his playing philosophy has probably in the end cost him his job. I'm not sure if he had remained whether we would have survived but it seems that Gibbo didn't want to take that risk. I have nothing but respect for Karanka and wish him all the best in the future I just hope that now we can play with some freedom and give it a real go and whoever comes in has the same feeling for the club as Karanka has. UTB

pearson was at rockcliffe this morning apparently

According to who?

Had a message from a friend who said he was there this morning and saw him. May be *** but cant see a reason why he would tell fibs....since seen it on FB also by a few

pearson was at rockcliffe this morning apparently

According to who?

Had a message from a friend who said he was there this morning and saw him. May be *** but cant see a reason why he would tell fibs....since seen it on FB also by a few

I'd be really disappointed if Big Nige came in. He's very unlikable. Funny cos I loved him when he played for us but I wouldn't want him