oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Few players have came out to say how grateful they are to him, de roon and valdes a***st them. Lee tomlin also said he was shocked as he was an unbelievable manager.

Seems the discontent wasnt as widespread as its been reported.

All Tomlin said was that he was shocked.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few players have came out to say how grateful they are to him, de roon and valdes a***st them. Lee tomlin also said he was shocked as he was an unbelievable manager.

All Tomlin said was that he was shocked.

Look at rhe replies

@bould_marc I think he is an unbelievable manager I really do

Please lads, Huddersfield fan here, lets just leave Wagner out of the equation if you can.

You can't seriously think he's going to abandon Huddersfield at this time of the season, and to be fair for Boro?

It's getting near "fat lady sings time" and even Wagner may not be able to work miracles.

He's turned down Wolfsburg and Villa already, and I live in the area, have a soft spot for Boro, another Yorkshire club, but he just isn't coming here.

We know we won't keep him long, best we expected this season was top half of the table, and the silly sods done too well. We do need to finish the job now, to stand a chance of keeping him, and even then he'll go home to The Bundesliga if the right offer comes in.........probably.

We'll be forever grateful, because this season has been wonderful, absolutely brilliant football wise, but no amount of money, now or in the near future is going to tempt him to Boro.

@1victorvaldes

When football said no to me, you were the only one who gave me the option to enjoy this beautiful sport Again.

I will always be grateful !

Omg this is heartbreaking. I hope Valdes doesn't leave in the summer but I now think he will.

Can't see any situation in which valdes plays in the championship for us.

@1victorvaldes

When football said no to me, you were the only one who gave me the option to enjoy this beautiful sport Again.

I will always be grateful !

Omg this is heartbreaking. I hope Valdes doesn't leave in the summer but I now think he will.

Can't see any situation in which valdes plays in the championship for us.

Even if we stay up I reckon one of the main reasons he came to us was because of Aitor Karanka. He'll have plenty of suitors. He's proven this season he's still a top keeper.

Please lads, Huddersfield fan here, lets just leave Wagner out of the equation if you can.

You can't seriously think he's going to abandon Huddersfield at this time of the season, and to be fair for Boro?

It's getting near "fat lady sings time" and even Wagner may not be able to work miracles.

He's turned down Wolfsburg and Villa already, and I live in the area, have a soft spot for Boro, another Yorkshire club, but he just isn't coming here.

We know we won't keep him long, best we expected this season was top half of the table, and the silly sods done too well. We do need to finish the job now, to stand a chance of keeping him, and even then he'll go home to The Bundesliga if the right offer comes in.........probably.

We'll be forever grateful, because this season has been wonderful, absolutely brilliant football wise, but no amount of money, now or in the near future is going to tempt him to Boro.

You've had it we can't listen to your pleas so best hide, we're ruthless we're gonna get him off yer, we're coming you can't stop us nobody can.

Lol what do you watch week in and week out and talk about discontent, since when do players not come out and thank a manager for what they've done, how many probably came out after McLaren was sacked, he won us a cup and got to a European Cup final, times move on football is a results game, go through the fixture lists and see wins to loss ratio of late and then talk about discontent, there's enough games left including against teams around us to see what this team are really made of(or not) karankas attitude to everyone around him is diabolical, his man management included, falling out with players on a regular basis, time to move on, as someone once said managers come and go players come and go but the fans will always be there, as I will my season ticket will be renewed Premiership or championship.

Well mcclaren wasn't sacked for one thing and the strong bonds from the likes of de roon, valdes, leo etc shows hes not diabolical to everyone round him. But sure dont let facts get in the way of a good rhetoric.

Who remembers this after the 'ostrich' comment

Yeah we don't want this guy surely?

The thing that annoys me about Boro fans is that we are obsessed with ex-players and staff.

Everyone wanted Mowbray at every opportunity, until we got him and teared him down. Then we always mention Pearson in the same breath.

There are other people out there.

I wouldnt expect we would part terms with Karanka and his efforts over the last 3.5 years for a Nigel Pearson.

IMHO I would expect Roy Hodgson given we have links with Adrian Bevington at the FA through him and more unlikely Gus Hiddink through Kenyon.

I think the ideal scenario would be to get in a high calibre coach like Hiddink on a deal until the end of the season; if we stay up try to keep him but if we go down then we'll be able to find a proven quality Championship manager, most of which won't want to leave their clubs for us while they still have hopes of promotion. Wagner is outside the scope of joining us in the Championship. We might have an outside chance if we somehow keep up and Huddersfield don't get promoted. At the moment we need a manager who can get the best out of this squad and squeeze as many points out of the remaining games as possible. Screw philosophies.

If we beat Man Utd on Sunday then it would be pretty hard not to give Agnew the job until the end of the season, or at least one or two more games to see how they go. If the players are fully behind Agnew, much like Shakespeare/Ranieri then it could be the best thing to do in the short term. The game will have a weird feel with Mourinho coming up against us just after we sacked Karanka. It seems like Karanka leaking information to the press about the Downing argument has cost him one last game against Man Utd to try to turn things around. The timing is illogical otherwise.

I wouldnt expect we would part terms with Karanka and his efforts over the last 3.5 years for a Nigel Pearson.

IMHO I would expect Roy Hodgson given we have links with Adrian Bevington at the FA through him and more unlikely Gus Hiddink through Kenyon.

You make a very good point re. Adrian Bevington. I was told by someone at the last home game that our links with Bevington was the one of the main reasons as to how and why we acquired 3 Villa players!