• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it can be done. You say the right things to the right people and you make yourself look like a potential successor.

How can a player 'position himself as gaffa'? What a load of nonsense.

It's easy when the club chairman thinks you are his close friend and after every defeat you say what you would have done differently. It's really not that hard to imagine.

Abyway lovely well articulated post by the way Tom, thought you had more about you than that.

I see the curse of the mod has infected you as well.

How can a player 'position himself as gaffa'? What a load of nonsense.

It's easy when the club chairman thinks you are his close friend and after every defeat you say what you would have done differently. It's really not that hard to imagine.

Abyway lovely well articulated post by the way Tom, thought you had more about you than that.

I see the curse of the mod has infected you as well.

:(  I'm not that bad am I? Apologies for the dismissive tone, mate.

But seriously, I can't see how it is Monk's decision, or anyone other than the chairman's? Laudrup wasn't exactly working wonders at Swansea, if a senior player was unhappy with the situation, wouldn't it be best that he reports it to the chairman rather than keeps quiet?

I might be simplifying the situaton too much, but it seems to me that Monk didn't do a great deal wrong, got a load of extra responsibility, then got sacked for his trouples a year down the line.

You can influence a decision though.

Course you can. I can ask my boss to give me a promotion, but that's not me promoting myself.

I think Pearson till the end of the season would be our best option, I don't buy into the whole hatred of him fair enough he went a bit mental but he also did the business on the pitch. The main thing for me is when Leicester fans talk about his time there they always mention the excellent team spirit and that he seems to be a great man manager.

I think that's what we need most right now, someone who can come in and instead of fannying around and over complicating things, try to affect the players mentally and get something out of them that isn't there at the minute.

Not much actually needs changing with our system, generally we are organised and solid and I think a couple of tweaks could get us more goals. So rather than tear it up and start again just keep going as we are but with a fresh attitude and less pressure from Pearson.

This could also allow us the option of changing at the end of the season if someone like Wagner, Rodgers, stam or someone else became available. Or if not then Pearson would carry on no mater what league we are in.

I suppose Roy would be the next best option, doesn't really excite me but out of what's available and his record at other lower premiership teams you can't write him off.

Warburton and Rowett are a No from me and maybe a left field option could be bielsa short term with a big bonus for survival, unless he's gone somewhere already I don't know. Or if we could talk stam into jumping ship and let him see out this season with no pressure to survive.

Anyone else heard anything about AK going yet??

The whole team today looked so lost, AK has clearly lost the dressing room. I can't believe how bad we were. I can't see how Karanka can carry on after that horror show today.

Only hope we have of staying in PL now is another manager coming in to try get a reaction from the players. Very unlikely though.

Also, you can't trust people who spell Gary with two 'r's

I actually agree with this and couldn't bring myself to spell it with two R's when writing my post.

I take back my recommendation of him, let him rot in Leeds!

The thread has been an interesting read but one of my earlier questions which no-one has answered was do we think/hope that we might get a statement out of Gibson be it backing the Manager (ie dreaded vote of confidence) or some sort of assurance that everyone behind the scenes will pull together and make sure that we do not go out of the league without some visible fight?

Quite simply I want to hear his thoughts on the situation.

I also wish that the supposed comment from VB was being confirmed by other soures

I think Pearson till the end of the season would be our best option, I don't buy into the whole hatred of him fair enough he went a bit mental but he also did the business on the pitch. The main thing for me is when Leicester fans talk about his time there they always mention the excellent team spirit and that he seems to be a great man manager.

I think that's what we need most right now, someone who can come in and instead of fannying around and over complicating things, try to affect the players mentally and get something out of them that isn't there at the minute.

Not much actually needs changing with our system, generally we are organised and solid and I think a couple of tweaks could get us more goals. So rather than tear it up and start again just keep going as we are but with a fresh attitude and less pressure from Pearson.

This could also allow us the option of changing at the end of the season if someone like Wagner, Rodgers, stam or someone else became available. Or if not then Pearson would carry on no mater what league we are in.

I suppose Roy would be the next best option, doesn't really excite me but out of what's available and his record at other lower premiership teams you can't write him off.

Warburton and Rowett are a No from me and maybe a left field option could be bielsa short term with a big bonus for survival, unless he's gone somewhere already I don't know. Or if we could talk stam into jumping ship and let him see out this season with no pressure to survive.

I was just thinking to myself that Sg might wait because David Moyes will probably leave Sunderland at the end of the season...he could do a job here.

The thread has been an interesting read but one of my earlier questions which no-one has answered was do we think/hope that we might get a statement out of Gibson be it backing the Manager (ie dreaded vote of confidence) or some sort of assurance that everyone behind the scenes will pull together and make sure that we do not go out of the league without some visible fight?

Quite simply I want to hear his thoughts on the situation.

I also wish that the supposed comment from VB was being confirmed by other soures

I answered your question mate, maybe you have me blocked ;)

I don't think we'll hear anything, and I think Karanka will stay. Wish we would hear something as in my opinion the club is in a right mess, but that's modern football.