oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Aggers presser

A question I would have liked to have seen asked would have been "Are we going to see a new Boro now?"

Talk about a missed opportunity.

Aggers presser

A question I would have liked to have seen asked would have been "Are we going to see a new Boro now?"

I think all three, Karanka, Gison and Agnew have come out of this well. I don't think there can be any argument that Karanka gave it his all - he has got a lot to learn about man-management and I suspect that he has had a really important lesson in that over the past few weeks. How Gibson's loyalty can be construed as a negative I just don't get - makes me proud to be a Boro fan that we are a good employer - just look at Leeds, and I thought Agnew's first presser nailed it - articulate and measured - love it. I'm excited for Sunday (and next season, whichever division we are in!)

Someone I know works for a very well known betting company who told me that today there was a strange £10,000 bet placed on Hiddink being our next manager. The person placing the bet is most likely someone with more money than sense, more than anyone in the know, but thought I may as well post it. I still think the job is Agnew's if he wins Man Utd.

I hope he got best odds cos hiddink was 7/2 at one stage, now out to 7/1

Aggers presser

I think all three, Karanka, Gison and Agnew have come out of this well. I don't think there can be any argument that Karanka gave it his all - he has got a lot to learn about man-management and I suspect that he has had a really important lesson in that over the past few weeks. How Gibson's loyalty can be construed as a negative I just don't get - makes me proud to be a Boro fan that we are a good employer - just look at Leeds, and I thought Agnew's first presser nailed it - articulate and measured - love it. I'm excited for Sunday (and next season, whichever division we are in!)

Good to see you have made your first post WW welcome to the forum at last :)

Took you long enough :D

The White Feather is starting to sound pretty desperate for the Boro job like, he's at it again. Got to admire his enthusiasm for Boro.

The White Feather is starting to sound pretty desperate for the Boro job like, he's at it again. Got to admire his enthusiasm for Boro.

Unfortunately I don't admire his ability as a manager

I want us to appoint Pearson.

A short term deal until the summer, with an option for us to extend, with a behaviour clause so we can sack without compensation following any misdemeanours.

I'm sorry but Talk of Hiddink/Ranieri is delusional, they have their reputations to manage and we are too big a risk.

Agnew, just no, he's not up to it and we need a fresh start. There's too much history with the players and management as is.

Pearson certainly doesn't pull any punches - literally - and will get us fighting which is enough for me at this stage.

UTB

Is it? Ranieri's 'reputation' is currently having been sacked from a seemingly unsackable position, and Hiddink's 50-year reputation in football would not be tarnished by a relegation after being 10 games to save a struggling team.

'Unlikely' maybe, but certainly not delusional.

Paul Merson says Boro should give the job to Harry Redknapp. Classic Merse.

Shall we get a little order of preference going regarding rumoured managerial targets.

Hiddink

Ranieri

Hodgson

Redknapp

Pearson

Agnew

Pardew

Mcclaren

Redknapp wants it according to the daily mail and also considering Ghana, wondering if he's struggling for money as he even admitted himself that he never wanted to work to far from Bournemouth.

I'd have him TBH I think he's an excellent man manager and as experienced as they come, as long as it's just until may and he doesn't get a chance to buy players he'd be decent.

Redknapp wants it according to the daily mail and also considering Ghana, wondering if he's struggling for money as he even admitted himself that he never wanted to work to far from Bournemouth.

I'd have him TBH I think he's an excellent man manager and as experienced as they come, as long as it's just until may and he doesn't get a chance to buy players he'd be decent.

If you look at the advisory jobs he has taken on over the last year and his little stint as Jordan manager as well as the amount of punditry he's doing, I think it's safe to say he's short of cash.

I'm with you, he would be good short term but I don't really want him to have any chance at transfers or we could end up down for a lot longer than 7 years.

Hiddink for ten games remains our best option right now if he is interested at all.

Agree hiddink is miles in front of any other candidate.

Hodgson and Redknapp would make up the 2nd best bracket, highly experienced and nothing between them. I'd probably prefer Redknapp because he seems to have excellent man management and players seem to like playing for him, but there were rumours of a few bust ups at qpr so who knows.

Also got a sneaky feeling Agnew could pull off something special on Sunday.