oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

I'd rather have Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink punt me in the balls every day for the rest of my life than have Harry Redknapp as our manager. Chemical castration would also be preferable as well as some form of water torture. There aren't too many people I truly hate in football, but he tops the list by a long way. The man is an absolute cretin, if Gibson signs him as our manager I'll be returning my season ticket to the club along with a letter explaining my reasoning. Honestly, it makes me angry just talking about him.

Not that any of that matters because I believe there's no chance Gibson would even field his call, the wheeler dealing tosser.

Not a fan then Will? (I 100% agree)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I was to do a list:

Hiddink

Agnew

Pearson

Pardew

Mcclaren

Freddy Adu

Ali Dia

Bob Bradley

Me

My dog

A random number generator that picks the team and formation

An infant child

My other dog (lacking in experience and tactical nous)

Harry Redknapps wife

Harry Redknapp

Something tells me you have played Football/Champ Manager?

Just to add my 2 pence.

I'm actually a bit sad that AK has gone. He turned our club around, and he got us promoted, after 7 years. But on the flip side he was incredibly naive when it came to man management and tactics a***st other things. We have an awful lot to thank for him, but also things to blame on him.

Even though I had expected us to achieve a lot this season (probably being blinkered by the promotion wave). Realistically we are at least 7 years behind the majority of the clubs in the Prem. Of the clubs that we went up with Burnley and Hull had been in the Prem a lot sooner than us. (But due to the crazy start Hull had, I had them worse off than us). In all honesty we are probably just about where we should be (maybe a place or 2 higher).

Would it of been a massive disaster if we go down? Using the lure and money of the prem we have added to the squad. I'd argue that we have actually strengthened the squad in all areas. If in the process of going down we increase the likely hood of being able to bounce right back, would that have been such a bad thing? Aitor has got us out of that quagmire of a league before and he had almost done it the year before. He had experienced that league and arguably would be in a stronger position than many others. Especially if a new manager had to come in.

However on reflection the results and overall performances since Christmas we have been beyond poor. It is probably the right decision to part ways with Aitor. A positive I can see, is that Gibbo hasn't thrown the towel in for the season as of yet. He must still believe that we can stay up, the parting of AK is indicative of that.

Gibbo has been a rock for this club and without him we would not have a club. However there are things we must ask questions about. For one reason or another January was an absolute wash out. We needed that little bit extra to help us over the line, but that was not forthcoming. Now you can blame Aitor, you can blame Gibbo or you can blame the scouting team. But what needs to come out of this is a review over what has happened and hopefully avoid it in future.

All in all it is probably time to part ways. However one thing that has come out of this, that has irked me is the poor handling of the gazette. I feel like at any opportunity they are digging and twisting the knife into AK. By all means he has a lot to answer for and yes at the end of the day he didn't help himself. But this is a manager who has just had to leave his first managerial job.

Anyway too many beers makes you write sh*t like this.

Cheers AK and good luck in the future. In Gibbo we trust and up the Biro!! ;)

There is no place for drunken rationality on a forum like this. Please take your reasoned opinions elsewhere and return with some form of bile towards all men.

It's cool right after writing that, I ran outside took me top off and punched one of those 4 legged police cars. The bugger said neigh to giving me more beer!

I'd rather have Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink punt me in the balls every day for the rest of my life than have Harry Redknapp as our manager. Chemical castration would also be preferable as well as some form of water torture. There aren't too many people I truly hate in football, but he tops the list by a long way. The man is an absolute cretin, if Gibson signs him as our manager I'll be returning my season ticket to the club along with a letter explaining my reasoning. Honestly, it makes me angry just talking about him.

Not that any of that matters because I believe there's no chance Gibson would even field his call, the wheeler dealing tosser.

You should get off that fence Will

Read into this what you will. Opened up this morning (coral) and next Middlesbrough manager has been removed from our specials betting on the managers monitor.

It's still on bet365 with Agnew massive favorite at 1.57. Ranieri has dropped down and redknapp has entered the fray. Somehow Michael Laudrup is on there too now but at 41/1. He is definately not a man to bring in.

I can see where people are coming from with Rednapp speculation but it could be that Agnew asked for help with the offensive side of the game and Gibson went and got Joe Jordan who was a striker and an experienced coach.

I can see where people are coming from with Rednapp speculation but it could be that Agnew asked for help with the offensive side of the game and Gibson went and got Joe Jordan who was a striker and an experienced coach.

Just been reading an article on the BBC and it seems Jordan was Agnew's pick for assistant.

Agnew Confident of PL Survival

The club have also appointed former Portsmouth, Tottenham Hotspur and QPR coach Joe Jordan to support Agnew during the run-in, with the interim boss expecting Jordan to have a "big impact" on his players.

"[Joe] lives in Bristol - when I made the phone call, he was in the car and was here six hours later, that tells you all you need to know," said Agnew.

It also appears Gibson is happy to give Agnew the rest of the season to prove himself:

Gibson has hinted that Agnew may be placed in charge until the end of the season, stating there is a "bit more steel" to Agnew than people realise and he "could be a surprise number one".

"That may disappoint those people who want glamour and somebody to come in ready-made, a sexy name, but that's not what we need at this point - he's more than a safe pair of hands," said Gibson.

Not a fan then Will? (I 100% agree)

He makes my skin crawl.

Just to add my 2 pence.

I'm actually a bit sad that AK has gone. He turned our club around, and he got us promoted, after 7 years. But on the flip side he was incredibly naive when it came to man management and tactics a***st other things. We have an awful lot to thank for him, but also things to blame on him.

Even though I had expected us to achieve a lot this season (probably being blinkered by the promotion wave). Realistically we are at least 7 years behind the majority of the clubs in the Prem. Of the clubs that we went up with Burnley and Hull had been in the Prem a lot sooner than us. (But due to the crazy start Hull had, I had them worse off than us). In all honesty we are probably just about where we should be (maybe a place or 2 higher).

Would it of been a massive disaster if we go down? Using the lure and money of the prem we have added to the squad. I'd argue that we have actually strengthened the squad in all areas. If in the process of going down we increase the likely hood of being able to bounce right back, would that have been such a bad thing? Aitor has got us out of that quagmire of a league before and he had almost done it the year before. He had experienced that league and arguably would be in a stronger position than many others. Especially if a new manager had to come in.

However on reflection the results and overall performances since Christmas we have been beyond poor. It is probably the right decision to part ways with Aitor. A positive I can see, is that Gibbo hasn't thrown the towel in for the season as of yet. He must still believe that we can stay up, the parting of AK is indicative of that.

Gibbo has been a rock for this club and without him we would not have a club. However there are things we must ask questions about. For one reason or another January was an absolute wash out. We needed that little bit extra to help us over the line, but that was not forthcoming. Now you can blame Aitor, you can blame Gibbo or you can blame the scouting team. But what needs to come out of this is a review over what has happened and hopefully avoid it in future.

All in all it is probably time to part ways. However one thing that has come out of this, that has irked me is the poor handling of the gazette. I feel like at any opportunity they are digging and twisting the knife into AK. By all means he has a lot to answer for and yes at the end of the day he didn't help himself. But this is a manager who has just had to leave his first managerial job.

Anyway too many beers makes you write sh*t like this.

Cheers AK and good luck in the future. In Gibbo we trust and up the Biro!! ;)

There is no place for drunken rationality on a forum like this. Please take your reasoned opinions elsewhere and return with some form of bile towards all men.

It's cool right after writing that, I ran outside took me top off and punched one of those 4 legged police cars. The bugger said neigh to giving me more beer!

Good man.

Up the Biro!