oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

The Gazette are reporting that Agnew is the man going forward, this feels like the club is starting a downward descent again.

Steve Gibson's heart is in the right place but he needs help in making decisions like this, where is the evidence that Agnew is going to be a successful manager? It sounds like he's getting the job because he's a good bloke. The last time we did this Southgate took us down and we stayed there for a long time.

Be prepared for Championship football and 15k crowds again Steve.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't help but feel that it's a mistake to stick with Agnew. I'll back him and what we saw today was better but it just feels like we're going with another Southgate style appointment :(

I'm wondering what is going through Steve Gibsons head, he moves heaven and earth to get us promoted and then doesn't seem to want to stay in the premier league when we get here.

He be sacked in October when we are in the bottom half of the Championship. Gibson will probably bring in someone like Pearson then. This is like Groundhog Day :(

I can't help but feel that it's a mistake to stick with Agnew. I'll back him and what we saw today was better but it just feels like we're going with another Southgate style appointment :(

Someone's changed their tune. :D

Someone's changed their tune. :D

That's rich coming from you! Although I don't know which one of you it's actually coming from...

Steve Agnew: Middlesbrough caretaker manager wants job on permanent basis

Boro owner Steve Gibson said before the Premier League match that Agnew could be “the glue to unify us completely”.

Asked if staying in charge was what he wanted, Agnew said: “Of course. It’s a club I have a big affection for.”

Speaking to BT Sport, he added: “It’s a pleasure to be in charge of the team and see them respond.

“I know we’ll take that fighting spirit for the rest of the season.”

Disappointing.

This is Steve Gibson accepting relegation for me. Got no problem with that if he wants to follow the Burnley/West Brom model but its just the fact that we were told we were going to give it a good go this season and we clearly haven't. Why not just give it to an experienced man and if we go down then at least he can say we gave it a good go.

Better display than recent weeks but it's easy to raise your game against United with two weeks off after. Let's not be judging Agnew on a solitary performance.

Seriously hope we're after someone else long term, even if we do take a decent championship manager in preparation for next year.

Burnley and West Brom don't have a model any more than anyone else does. Financially it makes no sense whatsoever to accept relegation. This season has been a shambles from the very beginning, well from the summer actually. To think we put the ticket prices up to watch this ***e. Gibson should be embarrassed about what's happened.

Disappointing.

On the contrary, it sounds like Gibson is very much appointing :D

:)

I think it's me that's dissing  :)