oneBoro Forum

Boro v Man City (FA Cup) Quarter Final 0-2

Not sure why fry is better than Bernardo   It's only a few weeks ago that fry couldn't get in Rotherham team now he's good enough to play against Man City

Bernardo certainly isn't good enough IMO

If Bernardo gets destroyed he'll get over it. If it happens to fry it could be really bad for him

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why fry is better than Bernardo   It's only a few weeks ago that fry couldn't get in Rotherham team now he's good enough to play against Man City

I think it's pretty harsh to say a lad who spent a year out with a knee injury and has has half a dozen games back but in a new country and league isn't good enough. He's done some things really well but he's also been really poor in some areas. What does concern me is he seems weak when balls are played round the back and he's facing his own goal / chasing - things City do very well.

Guys did we not use to believe in our academy products because they played with no fear, i think fry would be delighted with chance and would give it everything to beat man city. We go with Bernardo and i think what will happen is we will lose by some distance.

Guys did we not use to believe in our academy products because they played with no fear, i think fry would be delighted with chance and would give it everything to beat man city. We go with Bernardo and i think what will happen is we will lose by some distance.

I think our academy guys are fantastic but it's too early for fry. Your talking about choosing between a guy that's played hundreds of games in la liga against some of the worlds best players. Or a young guy that's played a few games for rotherham

He's only played about 40 games in La Liga. Most of his football has been played in La Liga 2. I thought Fry looked decent last season and I believe in giving younger players a chance. However, as rich says, if you pick Fry out of nowhere and he gets ripped apart it might not be great for him. I wouldn't have a problem with giving him a go but I can't see it happening and if Espinosa is to be a long term player for us then he needs more games to prove he's up to it.

I Was a bit brief the other day, but I think we might win this one. The one thing that has stayed consistent with the Boro over the years is that often enough on the biggest of games we pull something out of the bag. I really hope we do and that it will be a springboard for survival. Whether you want karanka in or karanka out, he's not going anywhere in the immediate future, so let's get behind them and all push together to try to achieve that. We can still survive, but it's going to take a massive turn around from what we've seen. I'm really hoping that a big confidence boosting scalp sets us on our way. UTB

Well said Dave,we really need to get behind the team for this one & the rest of the season

Long live the bogey team curse particularly in this game, Man City fans do not consider this a push over!

Guardiola has been given manager of the month. We're in

If Bernardo gets destroyed he'll get over it. If it happens to fry it could be really bad for him

I think this is the crux of the decision. In terms of ability i'd be more than happy to throw Fry in if i thought and negative performance be to his detriment, however given the way we're playing at the minute and the discontent a***st fans i think it could damage his confidence.

God help us with Espinosa starting.

--------------- Valdes -------------

Barragan - Bernardo - Gibson - Fabio

--------- De Roon - Clayton --------

Traore ------- Stuani ------ Fischer

-------------- Bamford -------------

I want that, won't get it but I want it.

I'm more or less with you Prowler but not Fischer on the wing. If he plays for us again it'll have to be centrally.

Well, yes but who else would you put there?

Whoever you do, bar Downing, is gonna be cutting in and playing centrally a lot anyway. Stuani will go straight for the box given the opportunity, Ramirez will spend the majority of his time through the middle and Fischer will always cut in to look to have a pop at goal.

I only placed him there because he is, at least slightly, more adept than Stuani and Ramirez out there. 

I also want Fischer in because he seems to be the only one in our team who can deliver a decent ***ing corner.