oneBoro Forum

Boro v Man Utd 1 ( Yes 1)-3

Man-United-vs-Middlesbrough-Premier-League-Match-Preview-and-Prediction-31st-December-2016.jpg

[align=center]Venue: Riverside Stadium

Date: 19/03/2017

KO Time: 12.00PM[/align]

WHO NEEDS CHEERING UP?

Seen as though everyone is so depressed with the football on the pitch let's kick this off with a sing along. Making their first TV appearance in 5 years on Saturday Night Takeaway last Saturday, it's Steps with everyone's favourite karaoke song...TRAGEDY...

A MATCH THAT NEEDS NO INTRODUCTION

Following on from last Saturday's FA Cup exit at the hands of Manchester City, Boro welcome the other team from Manchester. Aitor comes up against his mentor Jose Mourinho for the second time this season. With rumours circulating around Aitor's future and an international break coming up this could end up being Aitor's last game in charge. Boro could start the day bottom of the Premier League if results go against them on Saturday. Key fixtures to look out for on Saturday:

Crystal Palace v Watford

Sunderland v Burnley FC

Everton v Hull City

West Ham v Leicester City

Bournemouth v Swansea City

FORM GUIDE

BORO: What's a win? What's a goal? :(

MAN UTD: 1 win in their last 6 league games, that's a surprise. Maybe we have a chance if we can get at them from the off?

But it's in the cups where they have done well. They've already won the League Cup having beaten Southampton 3-2 last month. You will be able to watch them tonight in the FA Cup v Chelsea on BBC One.

TEAM NEWS

BORO:

Bamford and Downing are expected to miss out with both showing no fight to the cause.

That Algerian lad, I can't be bothered spelling his name, should be back in contention after being ineligible for the FA Cup.

Espinosa and Gestede picked up knocks over the weekend so I have no idea whether they should be fit for this one. Does anyone know? I can't even be bothered checking. Look what you've done to me Boro FFS.

MAN UTD:

Zlatan is suspended. Martial and Rashford miss out tonight through illness but should recover by the weekend. Rooney picked up a knock in training from a Phil Jones tackle. No idea how that serious that one is.

Starting XI & SCORE PREDICTION

The team I would like to see: Valdes, Fabio, Fry, Gibson, Friend, Clayton, De Roon, Leadbitter, Stuani, Ramirez, Negredo.

2-0 Man Utd, sadly.

But I've learnt to never know what to expect with our beloved Boro. Please, please, please, give us hope.

COME ON BORO.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Leadbitter had his chance, I can't see him in the starting 11. If any of our defenders are ready for the match, I'd rather see Fry on the bench.

Stuani is far better coming off the bench. Hopefully Gestede is available again, I much prefer him to Negredo.

1-1, OG Shaw

I think squad will be valdes, barragan, fry, gibson, fabio, Clayton, de roon, Ramirez, stuani, traore, negredo.

The match could come too soon for George but would prefer him than barragan. Hope gestedes injury isn't as bad as it looked maybe back after international break.

Almost if there was a good time to play United then this has to be it, if we see Boro going direct the I believe we can win, do not think this will be a draw.

Hope home fans are going to be supportive and that the 500 mile round trip makes it worthwhile.

I am in West stand lower block 7 if anyone else is near to there

Almost if there was a good time to play United then this has to be it, if we see Boro going direct the I believe we can win, do not think this will be a draw.

Hope home fans are going to be supportive and that the 500 mile round trip makes it worthwhile.

I am in West stand lower block 7 if anyone else is near to there

DS you are right. There could scarcely be a better time to play united.

Regardless, I think we'll go down a couple to nothing.

Will never happen but would like to see a total change of plan and catch man utd by surprise

Valves

Fabio barragan Gibson Friend

De roon clayon

Stuani Ramirez fisher (replace adama as he has looked lost last couple of games)

Negredo

Valdes 

Fabio  Whoknows  Gibbo    Friend

Clayton  De Roon

Traore  Fischer Ramirez

Negredo/Bamford

Bamford and Downing restored to the squad, both come on after 60 minutes because AK can see our lack of attacking intent with the score at 0-0, Downing plays in Bamford in the 88th min and he calmly slots home--Scenes!! Sorry that was a dream i had, in reality:

Man U score in the 5th minute, nothing then happens for 65 minutes, Stuani is then subbed for Leadboots and the Boro bravely hang on to a 1-0 defeat, cue AK in the presser telling us how great JM is and we held our own, this shows how far we have come in 3 years!!

Yes i'm flaming negative, i even hate myself for typing it but the frustration is getting the better of me now