oneBoro Forum

Boro v Man Utd 1 ( Yes 1)-3

Is Friend fit?

Friend should be fit, Chambers will probably miss out, according to reports last week.

I've heard the opposite..chambers stands a chance friend doesn't

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like all these formations with Valdes playing near the corner flag, think it makes is a bit open at the back.

He is just leaning against the post because he doesn't care.

I don't like all these formations with Valdes playing near the corner flag, think it makes is a bit open at the back.

I was more worried by the one who had Valves over by the corner flag, we'd either be open or closed with that...

I was more worried by the one who had Valves over by the corner flag, we'd either be open or closed with that...

It allows for a crap back pass. No chance of an own goal

Actually, when I was young and naive I was a United fan (purely because my father was / is) and went to the last game of the season against United in about 1996? I seem to remember United winning 3-0 in Blue and White and thus won the league title.

I was buzzing that day  :cool:

Will never happen but would like to see a total change of plan and catch man utd by surprise

Valves

Fabio barragan Gibson Friend

De roon clayon

Stuani Ramirez fisher (replace adama as he has looked lost last couple of games)

Negredo

To be fair I thought Barragan did a good job at Centre half for us in the first few games. I also agree that Adama has looked off the boil abit, which will happen with a player like him. It's a good time to play Man U and we often manage to pull a result out of our backside against them. If Friend is out maybe give Dean Gordon a ring? He might still be able to score against them!

Actually, when I was young and naive I was a United fan (purely because my father was / is) and went to the last game of the season against United in about 1996? I seem to remember United winning 3-0 in Blue and White and thus won the league title.

To be fair if I remember rightly I was actually Hoping Man U would win cos it meant the Barcodes wouldn't win the title!

To be fair if I remember rightly I was actually Hoping Man U would win cos it meant the Barcodes wouldn't win the title!

I remember the Kevin Keegan song being sung by both sets of supporters and asking my uncle what they were singing. 

He fobbed me off and said he couldn't make it out  :)

Will never happen but would like to see a total change of plan and catch man utd by surprise

Valves

Fabio barragan Gibson Friend

De roon clayon

Stuani Ramirez fisher (replace adama as he has looked lost last couple of games)

Negredo

To be fair I thought Barragan did a good job at Centre half for us in the first few games. I also agree that Adama has looked off the boil abit, which will happen with a player like him. It's a good time to play Man U and we often manage to pull a result out of our backside against them. If Friend is out maybe give Dean Gordon a ring? He might still be able to score against them!

Yeah Barragan started quite well at centreback. Plus didnt he get tortured by Martial at RB in the away game.

All depends on everyones fitness but id go:

Valdes

Fabio

Barragan

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

DeRoon

Guedirroa

Ramirez

Gestede

Fischer

Fastest fullbacks we have, physical midfield with Guedirroa for added height and strength. 2 players wide who like to come inside and get close to Gestede, who looked promising before he got injured. Fischer and Ramirez can actually take corners and free kicks too.

What i believe karanka should play vs what hes going to play against man u

Me Karanka

GK Valdes Valdes

Rb Barragan Fabio

Cb Gibson Gibson

Cb Fry Barragan

Lb Friend/fabio Friend

Cm Leadbitter Cdm Leadbitter

Cm Clayton Cdm Clayton

Rw Bamford Rw Troare

Lw Ramirez Lw Downing

St Stuani St Negredo

St Negredo Cdm De roon

Id play a 4,4,2 vs 4,5,1 sort of formation

Yeah Barragan started quite well at centreback. Plus didnt he get tortured by Martial at RB in the away game.

All depends on everyones fitness but id go:

Valdes

Fabio

Barragan

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

DeRoon

Guedirroa

Ramirez

Gestede

Fischer

Fastest fullbacks we have, physical midfield with Guedirroa for added height and strength. 2 players wide who like to come inside and get close to Gestede, who looked promising before he got injured. Fischer and Ramirez can actually take corners and free kicks too.

Chambers played RB at Old Trafford.

Palace, Swansea and Leicester have all got winnable games on Saturday. It would be a bit of a hammer blow to find ourselves 6 points adrift before even kicking off on Sunday.

Having said that, we seem to have got in to real trouble quite suddenly (I know it's been a long time coming), but I guess all our rivals were losing most weeks, and suddenly they don't seem to be. However if we can find some form, a few wins and we'll be right back a***st it - maybe?!