•  

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------- Valdes -------------------

Fabio - Chambers - Gibson - Friend

Traore - de Roon - Clayton - ???????

---------- Negredo - Gestede -----------

Probably, our best team if we went 442

When are Friend and Chambers due back.

We looked so much more dangerous when we went to 4-4-2.

This team would win games...

--------------------------Valdes---------------------------

Fabio--------Chambers-----Gibson----------Friend

Traore--------De Roon-----Clayton-------Ramirez

-----------------Negredo-----Gestede-----------------

I am more than happy to give Agnew the rest of the season, aye we lost but it seemed like we actually wanted it!

Yep. Same.

Same, if we play like that (certainly until man u scored) against Swansea they dont have the same quality of players Man u do, so i think we could win it and wouldnt that put a smile on everyones face.

Cant believe the stick Downing is getting. Yes he sometimes passes sideways or backwards but its to keep us in possesion and most of the time it spread the play rather than just a 6 yard pointless pass. Downing plays the kind of infield passes that we scream at Traore to play rather than hogging the ball and contributing aboslutely nothing.

Bernado is taking a lot of flak too and whilst he wasnt brilliant he was as guilty of mistakes as everyone. Even Gibson played everyone onside midway through the first half and then allowed Fellaini to peel off onto Fabio for a free header. Its not Bernados fault he is slow and he was paired against a rapid striker. If he drops deeper to combat the pace then he plays everyone onside or forces the whole back line deeper. Plus he is argueably our 4th choice CB.

Overall that was better. Started dominantly but couldnt turn it into a goal. That ball across the box from De Roon would have been 1-0 if Negredo had actually got in position. Its the kind of ball we have seen Stuani tap in where he just arrives between defenders for a simple finish.

It looked like one thing that was missing from our team was someone in the centre with a bit of threat as we were getting down the sides but had nobody that could slide a pass or make space and shoot in the centre. Id like to see 4231 with Downing Ramirez Fischer as the 3.

Negredo didnt do a lot but he wasnt getting much service. When he did get the ball played into him Uniteds CBs were quickly out to try knock the ball away from him or knock him off balance and stop him turning. I get so frustrated watching him but I understand how difficult it must be for him to make anything work.

Nah, we definitely need 2 upfront for the rest of the season, Gestede and Negredo. Both easily win balls and can bring people into the game. Just need people in around them, which we got today!

With regards to the 442. I'd have to have a second look but I thought we looked better as a reaction to scoring rather than the change of system. Up til the goal I didn't think we looked any better really

With regards to the 442. I'd have to have a second look but I thought we looked better as a reaction to scoring rather than the change of system. Up til the goal I didn't think we looked any better really

We wouldn't have got the goal without the change of system!

442 worked well second half. I think De Roon and Clayton are great in the middle. De Roon was fantastic today.

2 Uptop with Ramirez and Downing. Only reason I'd play Downing is because we have no one else. I like Adama but still positionally weak. I'd love us to have given Chapman a chance if he was here or even Mikael. He did well in the under 23s

I think we need Traore, it was his dink in that led to the goal.

Just tell him to stay wide and only cut in when the ball is on the otherside. The beauty of him is he can beat plays both wide and inside. We literally just need him to run and allow others to get in the box.

??????? = Downing (obviously!)  :P

Or Fischer.

Or Fischer.

Ramirez/Fischer/Downing

Got 3 options, honestly don't think it matters which :D

Positives from today-

- We got a goal against a prem side!, no need for an explanation with that one.

- Until they scored we played high pressing and i think that surprised Man U at the start they were not sure what to do about that.

- Gaston was so much better today im betting he was one of them that massively fell out with karanka.

- Fabio did well pressing up the pitch the whole game.

- We gave Man u a game, sure the quality wasn't their but it wasnt under karanka either if we go down i wanna go down playing like that.

- We played 4,4,2 and we got a goal so we know it works.

- If it wasnt for Valdes mistake we could have got a late draw today.

Negatives -

- Bernado was played and not only that Fry was sat on the bench having done well at Man city.

- Downing should be dropped for a bit i think he tried but someone else should get a chance he was bad today.

- Valdes mistake was just comical and stupid.

If it wasn't for Valdes the game wouldn't have even been close. I can forgive a mistake like that every now and again considering the rest of his performances.

Or Fischer.

Ramirez/Fischer/Downing

Got 3 options, honestly don't think it matters which :D

Given that Fischer doesn't cross I think he'd be a terrible option out there.