• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing, Barragan and Espinosa are ***ing ***. Aitor was right, Downing doesn't have a fighting bone in him. Shying away from 50/50 challenges.

Positive display but sadly I think it's not going to be enough to keep us up. Too little, too late.

-------------------- Valdes -------------------

Fabio - Chambers - Gibson - Friend

Traore - de Roon - Clayton - ???????

---------- Negredo - Gestede -----------

Probably, our best team if we went 442

??????? = Downing (obviously!)  :P

Or Fischer.

Ramirez/Fischer/Downing

Got 3 options, honestly don't think it matters which :D

Given that Fischer doesn't cross I think he'd be a terrible option out there.

Delivery from set pieces is better than the other 2 and he actually goes forward.

Defending was shocking for the first two goals, no fight in Downing/Negrado/Ramirez and some others. Worst of all until the 70th minute Karanka may well have stayed in charge the way the team played. Abysmal.

Downing, Barragan and Espinosa are *** ***. Aitor was right, Downing doesn't have a fighting bone in him. Shying away from 50/50 challenges.

Positive display but sadly I think it's not going to be enough to keep us up. Too little, too late.

Can't wait for your positive post in two hours :D

Not a great result, and a sickening way to end the game for Valdes.

We looked a lot better today, more confident and had Man U on the ropes for long periods. United countered well and our defence, especially bernado, was a bit too slow to deal with the likes of rashford.

Valdes made some superb saves and Clayton played a blinder. He looked more like Messi today! I really like gestede as well.

Subs were good today. They changed the system and made us more attacking.

Play like that in our next few games and we'll pick up lots of points against teams around us.

I thought we looked very positive in the first fifteen and last fifteen minutes as a few people have said. The first fifteen is how Karanka's system should have played out and the last fifteen was a result of the plan B he rarely used. Hopefully Agnew was simply being cautious against United though, would like to see some different tactics against the weaker teams, but even in this system we produced a more entertaining game today.

The in between was a bit of a shambles and the goals were the result of some terrible defending (Barragan for 1-0, Barragan & Bernardo for 2-0) and Bernardo was lucky Valdes covered for him with a great save earlier in the game. I honestly think our chances of survival hinge on how often we can keep these two liabilities out of the team. Our attack isn't great admittedly, but it never stands a chance of scoring enough if they're both shipping two easy goals a game down the other end.

Three winnable games after the break, at least now I'm positive that they will be entertaining if not necessarily successful. I hope Gestede plays whether it's alone or in a two, he just brings a lot more to our team than Negredo even if Negredo is a 'better' player.

Downing, Barragan and Espinosa are *** ***. Aitor was right, Downing doesn't have a fighting bone in him. Shying away from 50/50 challenges.

Something is seriously wrong, I'm agreeing with KM.

-------------------- Valdes -------------------

Fabio - Chambers - Gibson - Friend

Traore - de Roon - Clayton - ???????

---------- Negredo - Gestede -----------

Probably, our best team if we went 442

??????? = Downing (obviously!)  :P

Or Fischer.

Ramirez/Fischer/Downing

Got 3 options, honestly don't think it matters which :D

Given that Fischer doesn't cross I think he'd be a terrible option out there.

Delivery from set pieces is better than the other 2 and he actually goes forward.

Going forward and doing nothing with it is no better than not going forwards at all. Fischer should be nowhere near our first team for the foreseeable.

Defending was shocking for the first two goals, no fight in Downing/Negrado/Ramirez and some others. Worst of all until the 70th minute Karanka may well have stayed in charge the way the team played. Abysmal.

For me the system was the same but the plan was very different, our whole midfield played higher up the pitch, Fabio was playing as a winger for most of the match. I think you're being very harsh on Negredo, and on today's performance Ramirez.

He's great, not the best technically but he makes up for it in effort and stamina.

You've got to ask yourself though, is it just a coincidence that De Roon was clearly well behind Karanka and he is the one that Jose singles out?