• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

442 next game, practically same team that ended but without Bernardo and Downing. Ayala and Fischer?

In fairness when we went 442 it was downing supplying almost all of the crosses.

442 next game, practically same team that ended but without Bernardo and Downing. Ayala and Fischer?

Pinhead hasn't done anything to suggest he can improve upon the starting defenders this season. Neither Bernardo or Ayala have looked good enough, Fry is just a baby. I just bloody hope Chambo is ready to start soon.

10 to go loads of points still left to play for.

I saw glimpses today of change but they came very late in the game.

We simply cannot play with one man up front if we want to survive in the PL.

When we actually have a go we look alright and have worried some decent teams. Our problem is we start negatively, concede and then have an uphill battle. 

I thought for the last 20 minutes there were some promising moments but I don't see Agnew starting with two up front.

Despite the result, that was actually the best Boro performance I can remember for a while.

Leaving out the fact that United had the beating of us for pace in most areas of the pitch and probably should have had another couple of goals, but for Valdes' great saves, I thought Boro competed as well as our limited abilities allowed.

We showed some heart and will to win and only went into our shells for the last 15 minutes of the first half. Our attacking play still leaves a lot to be desired, but we at least created some good chances. With better finishing we could have had 2 or 3 ourselves.

And that was against a top 6 team with far superior players.

Was a bit disappointed that Agnew started with a Karanka-type lineup, but I don't blame him for being cautious against Man Utd. At least he had the sense to switch to 4-4-2 and bring on subs when there was still a chance to get something from the game.

If we can play at least as well as this and maybe improve, we will win 2 or 3 of our remaining games and maybe nick some points elsewhere. Dunno if that'll be enough to keep us up, but I think (hope) today we saw the first signs of recovery.

As poor as downing was most of the game, if we were to play the big two up top next game he needs to ne in. The rest of our team cant cross to save their lives

Agreed. He seems to get lost when he plays in the middle, but stick him on the wing and he's still the best crosser we've got.

Really don't understand all the hate he gets. He's been no better or worse than the majority of our squad.

Positives from today-

- We got a goal against a prem side!, no need for an explanation with that one.

- Until they scored we played high pressing and i think that surprised Man U at the start they were not sure what to do about that.

- Gaston was so much better today im betting he was one of them that massively fell out with karanka.

- Fabio did well pressing up the pitch the whole game.

- We gave Man u a game, sure the quality wasn't their but it wasnt under karanka either if we go down i wanna go down playing like that.

- We played 4,4,2 and we got a goal so we know it works.

- If it wasnt for Valdes mistake we could have got a late draw today.

Negatives -

- Bernado was played and not only that Fry was sat on the bench having done well at Man city.

- Downing should be dropped for a bit i think he tried but someone else should get a chance he was bad today.

- Valdes mistake was just comical and stupid.

If Ayala plays im not watching it, hes a disgrace he was defiantly one of them that forced karanka out of the door and all he does is fowls people, play fry whos hungry and wants to wear the shirt.

Positives from today-

- We got a goal against a prem side!, no need for an explanation with that one.

- Until they scored we played high pressing and i think that surprised Man U at the start they were not sure what to do about that.

-  Gaston was so much better today im betting he was one of them that massively fell out with karanka.

- Fabio did well pressing up the pitch the whole game.

- We gave Man u a game, sure the quality wasn't their but it wasnt under karanka either if we go down i wanna go down playing like that.

- We played 4,4,2 and we got a goal so we know it works.

- If it wasnt for Valdes mistake we could have got a late draw today.

Negatives -

- Bernado was played and not only that Fry was sat on the bench having done well at Man city.

- Downing should be dropped for a bit i think he tried but someone else should get a chance he was bad today.

- Valdes mistake was just comical and stupid.

Gaston was aiming to go to Leicester during the last window but Aitor put the block on it as we couldn't get a replacement over the line

The minor tweak for me today was that when we got the ball into wide areas we committed a few extra bodies to the box. But all in all I think we were poor today and the score was a fair reflection. Fair play to Agnew for an effective change when we were staring to look like the game was gone. The goal sparked us into life (probably more than the system change) and we all of a sudden looked a threat, similarly to the home game against Spurs earlier in the season. The goal was a bit scruffy but I hope it sparks some confidence into the forward lads. Defensively we were very naive and I hope that we can find a way to still feel solid defensively with a more attack minded approach.

Can't judge Aggers on today, the real test will be after the break. For 15 mins at the beginning and end there we found some impetus and showed some fight, but I think their 1st goal knocked the stuffing out of us and we looked like a team low on belief. That's Steve biggest job for me is getting them to believe again. Hopefully they can take that from that spell at the end.