• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that Man U play tomorrow as well. 3 games in 7 days - must be as good a time as any!

Along with ibra being banned its as good as its ever gunna get against Man Utd

Magic lamp rubbed.

I was thinking while I should have been asleeping.

If the issues with certain players are true then surely the Man Utd game is the best opportunity to throw them in. And for Karanka to tell them to prove him wrong.

If we lose and they are rubbish, he is vindicated (but in a game everyone expects us to lose) if they are really good, then he can welcome them back into the fold for the more important games in the following weeks.

It's a win/win/only lose a bit situation!

Therefore here is the team Karanka should select.

Valdes (by the corner flag, obv)

Barrragan Fry Gibson Fabio

--------------- Clayton-----------

------ De Roon. Guerdiora ----

Bamford-- Negredo --Downing

Tell De Roon and G man to push on Pogba and Carrick(?) when we haven't got the ball, and push forward to support the front three when we have.

Clayton to crunch mark Mkhrytian out of the game. Gibson to only take Rashfors out of his pocket in order to occasionally put him in Dael Fry's pocket.

Our full backs to not only negate the threat of Mata/Lingard/whoever is fit, but also to prevent Man Utd full backs from rampaging.

Bamford and Downing to both cut in towards Negredo at every opportunity with the opposite one ghosting in back post for a tap on from a rebound.

Jobs a good 'un.

We could approach the game like we have nothing to lose.

Up the Biro

Magic lamp rubbed.

If the issues with certain players are true then surely the Man Utd game is the best opportunity to throw them in. And for Karanka to tell them to prove him wrong.

If we lose and they are rubbish, he is vindicated (but in a game everyone expects us to lose) if they are really good, then he can welcome them back into the fold for the more important games in the following weeks.

Tell De Roon and G man to push on Pogba and Carrick(?) when we haven't got the ball, and push forward to support the front three when we have.

Clayton to crunch mark Mkhrytian out of the game. Gibson to only take Rashfors out of his pocket in order to occasionally put him in Dael Fry's pocket.

Our full backs to not only negate the threat of Mata/Lingard/whoever is fit, but also to prevent Man Utd full backs from rampaging.

Bamford and Downing to both cut in towards Negredo at every opportunity with the opposite one ghosting in back post for a tap on from a rebound.

Jobs a good 'un.

Up the Biro

If your job really was on the line would you risk the guys you believe aren't trying hard enough

Magic lamp rubbed.

Jobs a good 'un.

Up the Biro

If your job really was on the line would you risk the guys you believe aren't trying hard enough

If my job was genuinely that close to the edge I guess I might give it a last throw of the dice?

I think if part of our problems (I am not saying they are necessarily) are due to player unrest then Karanka strengthens his hand by playing them.

If they are poor and he gets dragged into Gibson's office he can pass the blame onto them.

If they play well he can claim he is being the bigger man and willing to re-integrate them despite their behaviour.

Maybe cynical? But I have the flu.

Not sure how much you can change in three days   Or with the injuries if it would be possible at all

But when it's a game we aren't expected to take anything from, why not give something else a spin?

Not sure how much you can change in three days   Or with the injuries if it would be possible at all

But when it's a game we aren't expected to take anything from, why not give something else a spin?

I'm all for trying something but they've probably been working on team play tue and wed. To change everything on Thursday with only a couple of sessions to go would be very difficult