oneBoro Forum

Boro v Man Utd 1 ( Yes 1)-3

Yeah I can't see us changing our system at the last minute because Karanka isn't in charge anymore.

I dont care as long as if we go one nil down or more he does go for it and put 2 strikers upfront instead of not changing like for like even against teams like Man u. Thats the thing about karanka that got me mad its the not going for it when we were losing anyway.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can't see us changing our system at the last minute because Karanka isn't in charge anymore.

Neither do I. Best case is he can instill a little confidence, belief or just fight and we come out Sunday and put in a good solid performance (meaning lots of effort and a respectable scoreline). Then come Monday morning that's when the work starts be it under Agnew or another.

If we can take a result of some sort away, bonus.

Not sure how much you can change in three days   Or with the injuries if it would be possible at all

But when it's a game we aren't expected to take anything from, why not give something else a spin?

I'm all for trying something but they've probably been working on team play tue and wed. To change everything on Thursday with only a couple of sessions to go would be very difficult

Yeah I'd expect it to be more of the same.  Maybe we'd take a chance and go to 4-2-3-1.  You might see Bamford or Downing involved perhaps although Bamford likely won't start.  Should have sacked him after the game last weekend if we were going to do it this week.

Not sure how much you can change in three days   Or with the injuries if it would be possible at all

But when it's a game we aren't expected to take anything from, why not give something else a spin?

I'm all for trying something but they've probably been working on team play tue and wed. To change everything on Thursday with only a couple of sessions to go would be very difficult

Yeah I'd expect it to be more of the same.  Maybe we'd take a chance and go to 4-2-3-1.  You might see Bamford or Downing involved perhaps although Bamford likely won't start.  Should have sacked him after the game last weekend if we were going to do it this week.

I agree the timing is odd.

Am I right in thinking the players has Monday/Tuesday off this week? Surely that would have been a good time to meet with the manager and discuss his future?

It seems really odd that he would take training Wednesday then be sacked/leave by mutual consent Thursday.

The only two options I can see are:

Gibson was away earlier in the week.

A replacement suddenly became available.

It would be good to see the new manager in the stands for Sunday's game.

Might give the lads a bit of incentive to give it their all (if they needed one) to prove they deserve a place under the new boss.

The line up/formation could be really interesting on Sunday

I agree the timing is odd.

Am I right in thinking the players has Monday/Tuesday off this week? Surely that would have been a good time to meet with the manager and discuss his future?

It seems really odd that he would take training Wednesday then be sacked/leave by mutual consent Thursday.

The only two options I can see are:

Gibson was away earlier in the week.

A replacement suddenly became available.

It would be good to see the new manager in the stands for Sunday's game.

Might give the lads a bit of incentive to give it their all (if they needed one) to prove they deserve a place under the new boss.

The line up/formation could be really interesting on Sunday

Players had sun and mon off. If the rumours are right karanka had a meeting today with Gibson and during that meeting they both agreed the best thing for the club was a change. If that's true then a replacement won't have been found yet