oneBoro Forum

Don't give up.......

It surprises me how many people browse and read this forum, but don't post.

Is this just because you prefer to take it all in, or that its too intimidating to post as a new poster?

I mean I know no ones posts or opinions are ever going to be as well thought and put across as mine, but that shouldn't stop you posting :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Hello everyone. I read every day but just not feeling too chatty recently.

Hi Lee.

I hope you are ok. I used to read every day but then it ruined my life. So try not to feel pressured to speak.

Is this just because you prefer to take it all in, or that its too intimidating to post as a new poster?

I mean I know no ones posts or opinions are ever going to be as well thought and put across as mine, but that shouldn't stop you posting :)

I wanted to comment on this thread but now I feel intimated by your post and am reluctant to.

Can you please retract your assertion? :D

Never posted because I was afraid of spoiling/skewing the narrative, Oneboro has been a bloody good read these last 4 years was afraid of ruining it.

I didn't realise people took this place so seriously in all honesty.

I dunno. I spent a lot of time on the forum daily until recently. And I at least expected that my thought out comments based on my own interpretation of events wouldn't be so horribly dismissed as delusions. It's not great really and I couldn't be done with it.

Just prior to the Aitor sacking, I had wrote up the equivalent of a short essay on the topic of the team, ready to post and instead of putting that opinion into this space, I instead saved it in a note on Evernote. I'd wrote out my considerations, spent plenty of time discussing the conclusions I'd made in my head before deciding that I'd rather not deal with the hassle of potentially holding a different opinion on here. It's just not been worth it. I still enjoyed writing it up but I was convinced that enjoyment would be sucked out by putting it in the open.

I've used oneBoro since 2009 and found it to be a lifeline when you live outside of the area, this season has being such a huge disappointment, we had a glorious chance to establish ourselves in the PL and have made a complete hash of it and that hurts me and is the main reason my posts have reduced, just feel totally deflated by our current position.

The recruitment policy or lack of it is the major reason we haven't kicked on, where does the blame lie? Not sure but boy want a mess,enough said on that subject.

I really enjoyed some of the banter from opposition fans in the Championship,passionate fans who were well behaved and shared some good and interesting stuff, we haven't seen that in the PL which is disappointing.

Some of our faithful older posters no longer post, they have their reasons which we need to respect and learn from.

For me the enjoyment of the forum is spoilt by needless bickering,I'm all for good debate and different views, that's life and that's healthy but sometimes we overstep the mark and it gets personal and that's a big no from me and the major reason people no longer post. If we want the forum to grow and be the continued no.1 Boro forum we need to grow up a bit as well.

I admire the passion you all display for the Boro, its great but it does have to be controlled, I don't mean moderated but personally controlled, we are all here for the greater good of our team.let's make this forum an outstanding place to share views,opinions,news without the fear of being shot down,all opinions are equal,right or wrong.

Thank you all for your continued contributions and one last thing I really hope we can beat Swansea and keep our season alive, I think back to that amazing day last May against Brighton, that incredible passion and atmosphere to throw that away would be such an incredible wasted opportunity.

UTB

I've used oneBoro since 2009 and found it to be a lifeline when you live outside of the area, this season has being such a huge disappointment, we had a glorious chance to establish ourselves in the PL and have made a complete hash of it and that hurts me and is the main reason my posts have reduced, just feel totally deflated by our current position.

The recruitment policy or lack of it is the major reason we haven't kicked on, where does the blame lie? Not sure but boy want a mess,enough said on that subject.

I really enjoyed some of the banter from opposition fans in the Championship,passionate fans who were well behaved and shared some good and interesting stuff, we haven't seen that in the PL which is disappointing.

Some of our faithful older posters no longer post, they have their reasons which we need to respect and learn from.

For me the enjoyment of the forum is spoilt by needless bickering,I'm all for good debate and different views, that's life and that's healthy but sometimes we overstep the mark and it gets personal and that's a big no from me and the major reason people no longer post. If we want the forum to grow and be the continued no.1 Boro forum we need to grow up a bit as well.

I admire the passion you all display for the Boro, its great but it does have to be controlled, I don't mean moderated but personally controlled, we are all here for the greater good of our team.let's make this forum an outstanding place to share views,opinions,news without the fear of being shot down,all opinions are equal,right or wrong.

Thank you all for your continued contributions and one last thing I really hope we can beat Swansea and keep our season alive, I think back to that amazing day last May against Brighton, that incredible passion and atmosphere to throw that away would be such an incredible wasted opportunity.

UTB

excellent post mate .... you should be a moderator....oh yeah you are  :D

first paragraph sums our season up perfectly.

Looking at my own personal posting statistics on the forum I learnt that since joining in 2015 I have averaged something like 3/4 of a post a day, so pretty low really. Why is that, well for a start I am out of the country for half the year with patchy or no access to broadband, so that limits my options. When I am here I really enjoy catching up with the Boro world on this forum, but must admit that my posts are becoming less. The reasons for that are,, living in the Midlands, I generally travel more to away games,( as the trip back home to the NE is a ball breaker), and  trying to get tickets for matches in the Prem is a nightmare and hence I have lost the involvement that match days bring. On a personal note I am actually looking forward to being back in the Championship, (if as seems likely), as my son and I can then look forward to some great days out again at Fulham, Wolves etc, and maybe the odd goal and a win as well. I very rarely enter into long debates on here as there is a very small element of posters, (usually the one line merchants), who quite frankly I cannot be pestered to enter into conversation with, and as soon as they enter the forum, I leave. It is not that I have a problem with my opinion being challenged I positively welcome it, nor am I the sensitive type, it is just that this minority contribute little to a discussion and only disrupt, and life is too short to have to deal with them. Can this element be controlled by the moderators, I do not know, as I have no experience in carrying out that task.  Anyway just thought I would add to this discussion.

I dunno. I spent a lot of time on the forum daily until recently. And I at least expected that my thought out comments based on my own interpretation of events wouldn't be so horribly dismissed as delusions. It's not great really and I couldn't be done with it.

Just prior to the Aitor sacking, I had wrote up the equivalent of a short essay on the topic of the team, ready to post and instead of putting that opinion into this space, I instead saved it in a note on Evernote. I'd wrote out my considerations, spent plenty of time discussing the conclusions I'd made in my head before deciding that I'd rather not deal with the hassle of potentially holding a different opinion on here. It's just not been worth it. I still enjoyed writing it up but I was convinced that enjoyment would be sucked out by putting it in the open.

So what did you write then mate?

Owwee Wilson. Just think of it of being down the pub with the lads. I tell my mates they dont know theyre talking about (and they don't) all the time. It's no big deal.

I'll see if I can be bothered posting it later. It was more of a blog post and as thus it has been my thinking that I might switch to that format rather than a forum.

Owwee Wilson. Just think of it of being down the pub with the lads. I tell my mates they dont know theyre talking about (and they don't) all the time. It's no big deal.

Most the time, I did. But those last couple of weeks, I didn't, some of it down to outside circumstance but mostly down to responses to my opinion.

I'll see if I can be bothered posting it later. It was more of a blog post and as thus it has been my thinking that I might switch to that format rather than a forum.

Most the time, I did. But those last couple of weeks, I didn't, some of it down to outside circumstance but mostly down to responses to my opinion.

Wilson I think you've over analysed it mate. You're posts are normally good. Like you said, maybe the outside circumstances got the better of you.