oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea City (a) 0-0

I have no idea who is doing the next thread or when it's going up, but I have some thoughts on the game, so I'm going to get this started. It's also the international break so things are naturally dead around here.

Realistically this is probably our last chance of making a fist of survival. We simply have to win. Three points will put us 2 points behind safety with a game in hand. Anything else and I think we are probably down.

I'd like to see us start where we finished off against United in a 4-4-2 formation.

-----------------Valdes----------------

Fabio--Chambers--Gibson--Friend

Traore-Clayton-De Roon-Downing

-----------Negredo-Gestede---------

Get the ball in the box to our big strikers and let Traore run at them. I'm chosing Downing ahead of Ramirez but I guess a lot depends on their frame of mind throughout these two weeks. Downing is probably a better passer than Ramirez and we all know Ramirez isn't really a winger and I think we'd lose some shape with Ramirez on the left, although I wouldn't complain if he started there as he has some obvious qualities that Downing doesn't have.

It's certainly going to be a nervous affair and my tactic would be to try and get the first goal. I really don't hope Agnew sets them up to wait and see what happens. Sadly I don't think we'll win but lose 1-0.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no idea who is doing the next thread or when it's going up, but I have some thoughts on the game, so I'm going to get this started. It's also the international break so things are naturally dead around here.

Realistically this is probably our last chance of making a fist of survival. We simply have to win. Three points will put us 2 points behind safety with a game in hand. Anything else and I think we are probably down.

I'd like to see us start where we finished off against United in a 4-4-2 formation.

Fabio--Chambers--Gibson--Friend

Traore-Clayton-De Roon-Downing

-----------Negredo-Gestede---------

Get the ball in the box to our big strikers and let Traore run at them. I'm chosing Downing ahead of Ramirez but I guess a lot depends on their frame of mind throughout these two weeks. Downing is probably a better passer than Ramirez and we all know Ramirez isn't really a winger and I think we'd lose some shape with Ramirez on the left, although I wouldn't complain if he started there as he has some obvious qualities that Downing doesn't have.

It's certainly going to be a nervous affair and my tactic would be to try and get the first goal. I really don't hope Agnew sets them up to wait and see what happens. Sadly I don't think we'll win but lose 1-0.

I think that if Ramirez is fit and in the right frame of mind, he has to play.

He's not a winger, so he wouldn't slot in to a 442. I hope we see a 4231 with Ramirez as AM and Downing and Traore either side of him, with Negredo up top.

my team would be:

Barragan--Chambers--Gibson--Fabio

---------Clayton-De Roon--------

Traore-------Ramirez--------Downing

--------------Negredo-----------

Unless Friend is 100% fit, I'd have him on the bench of:

Guzan

Friend

Bernado

Stuani

Gestede

Forshaw

Bamford

I am with Borodane on both the formation and personnel. I don't think that Agnew is as wedded to 4-2-3-1 as Aitor was and he knows we only looked decent against Manure when we brought Gestede on.

The only talking point for me is whether Downing or Ramirez play on the left. I agree that a switched on Ramirez would offer more but I think that the only place for him now is on the left and we all know that he sulks when not in his No 10 role. To an extent so does Stewey, but I think his crosses still offer something , especially if Gestede plays.

Its a must not lose game but it has also got to be on our list of games we "could" win so I am hopeful of a good showing.

I'd start with the same formation we started with on Sunday.

Because

If we start solid and can sneak a goal then we are set up to defend it

If we don't score. Chances are it'll still be 0-0 so we can change the system second half without it being for panic reasons

If we start more attacking and it doesn't work we could be out of the game before we have chance to change

Let's get to an hour in and then choose our options based on where we are

Fully expecting BremenBoro and the Malaysian Boro fan to get stuck right into this conversation any minute...

Maybe it's the time difference, my guess is that they'll be on later, I expect that Bremen is waiting until his lunch break in half an hours time. :D

Fully expecting BremenBoro and the Malaysian Boro fan to get stuck right into this conversation any minute...

Maybe it's the time difference, my guess is that they'll be on later, I expect that Bremen is waiting until his lunch break in half an hours time. :D

They are called BremenWBA and Malaysian WBA fan now.

First time CF did a match day thread was the home game against Swansea, I am sure he will get to do the double hopefully the same score. His M/D thread will obviously be up and running early part of next week.

These IB's do cause delays to the on-going sage of MFC

I think we will win! If that´s enough to stay up on the other hand is a different question. IMO we need 9 points from our next three games in order to so.

Which is exactly what Palace and Leicester have both just done!!

(The only other two teams in the league to match it are Chelsea and Spurs, so it's no easy feat)!

4 years of being a ghost on this forum will end today. Thanks mate ;)

It was refreshing to watch Boro play the way they did at the Riverside against Man U. 

I sincerely hope Agnew is given a proper run this season, he has been ever so patient and loyal to us over the years, He has earned this chance. 

I know I am asking for the stars here but he could very well be our own Pep in a unique sort of way. He has always been a talented coach and with the added humility he already possesses in droves, he may go on to be a very successful manager. I feel the Gibson factor will be key in letting Agnew mature from a Positive  No.2 to a potentially Innovative No.1, He(Gibson) is the best in the world at his job and Agnew will be wise to take advantage of this opportunity. 

But all that being said and done, can't wait for Rudy and Negredo to pair up top again, even if its for the last 20 mins. Additionally if we go for a 4-2-3-1 I would love to see Downing, Ramirez and Traore interchange and be fluid, similar to the midfield 3 of LB,DR and AC against Man U. 

Its amazing to think back when we last played the Swans they looked clueless under the American and look transformed under Clement with almost the same squad(all be it until the last few games). Hopefully something similar happens to us given its squeaky bum time.  

4 4 2

Negredo Gestede

Downing     de Roon  Clayton        Traore

Friend         Gibson     Ayala           Fabio

Vlades

SD, GF and Fabio pepper balls into the box, while Traore keeps defenders occupied through the game. 

4 2 3 1 

Gestede

(Fluid 3 man ATT Mid)

Downing                     Ramirez                          Traore

de Roon                    Clayton

Friend         Gibson             Ayala/Chambers        Fabio  

Vlades

In addition to the 4 in Attack, we let loose de Roon to hound the midfield while Clayts anchors it. All the while our overlapping FBs provide service in the wide areas. If we get the 1st goal we can retreat back into a more cautions plan if needed but 1st goal from either side looks crucial.