• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think his movement off the ball is good enough. He doesn't really make runs.

This is my main problem with trying it. Yes his pace is insane but Vardy and others like him are about so much more than just pace. His finishing is pretty bad from what we've seen as well.

I wouldn't be completely against trying it at some point but probably not this season.

We could give it a shot at some point this season, like all of you have said his work with the ball isn't the issue, for someone with all that pace he doesn't seem to be able to run onto balls.

Last game against Utd was text book Traore he came up to get the ball and then ran at the defenders, granted he skinned them all a few times, but we still didn't get that 2nd goal. However I feel having mastered the difficult bit he should look to add the simple parts and just run into balls thrown over the top, use his natural pace and make things happen in and around the box.

If he can do it regularly, we could also have the option to get him to play off Negredo/Rudy in a front 2. I am mortified every time I look at the stats of Traore this season all that promise no tangible rewards...........yet. He just seems destined for great things if he only he can kick on from this. Maybe these next few months will finally turn our speedy caterpillar into a jet powered butterfly, one can only hope.

On a side note does anybody know where Victor Fischer is ? He seems like an attacking utility player that was tailor made for our current predicament. He is always positive and looking to get into the box, can play anywhere across in the front 3 behind the striker and to an extent has the attributes play as an emergency striker.

Has he settled in the area ? does he have some off field issues that we dont know about ? I just don't understand why he wasn't allowed to bed in like the rest of Karanka's new signings. But since AK is gone hopefully we see more of Fischer.

We could give it a shot at some point this season, like all of you have said his work with the ball isn't the issue, for someone with all that pace he doesn't seem to be able to run onto balls.

Last game against Utd was text book Traore he came up to get the ball and then ran at the defenders, granted he skinned them all a few times, but we still didn't get that 2nd goal. However I feel having mastered the difficult bit he should look to add the simple parts and just run into balls thrown over the top, use his natural pace and make things happen in and around the box.

If he can do it regularly, we could also have the option to get him to play off Negredo/Rudy in a front 2. I am mortified every time I look at the stats of Traore this season all that promise no tangible rewards...........yet. He just seems destined for great things if he only he can kick on from this. Maybe these next few months will finally turn our speedy caterpillar into a jet powered butterfly, one can only hope.

On a side note does anybody know where Victor Fischer is ? He seems like an attacking utility player that was tailor made for our current predicament. He is always positive and looking to get into the box, can play anywhere across in the front 3 behind the striker and to an extent has the attributes play as an emergency striker.

Has he settled in the area ? does he have some off field issues that we dont know about ? I just don't understand why he wasn't allowed to bed in like the rest of Karanka's new signings. But since AK is gone hopefully we see more of Fischer.

Surely Fischer has been injured? (Although I'm not sure he's the answer to our problems at the moment. I don't really think he's shown much so far).

Traore - surely he's so fast, that as long as he's in line with the defence, he'd make it on to a through ball, run or no run.

No dispute that there's not as much to his speedy game add there is to Vardy's. Traore would probably need to get in to the box as directly as possible, and then either go down on contact, or boot it at the goal as hard as he can. Not very refined... but it would be something very different.

Surely Fischer has been injured? (Although I'm not sure he's the answer to our problems at the moment. I don't really think he's shown much so far).

Traore - surely he's so fast, that as long as he's in line with the defence, he'd make it on to a through ball, run or no run.

No dispute that there's not as much to his speedy game add there is to Vardy's. Traore would probably need to get in to the box as directly as possible, and then either go down on contact, or boot it at the goal as hard as he can. Not very refined... but it would be something very different.

I understand Fischer hasn't pulled up any trees since hes' got here, that said I don't think he was afforded a month of continuous starts/games to bed in like the rest of the new signings this year, he was always the odd one out playing in bits and parts, then injury or some other reason was excluded from the 1st team. I take it he didn't quite cut it to become an AK type who tracked back and help play out our shape and style. Maybe he isn't good enough for that. 

That said with AK gone, we have to give the lad a prolonged chance at disproving us. I mean besides Ramirez we don't have that type of player who can come up with movements of brilliance, all be it in flashes. With our current state in offense, I'd take one flash a match as long as it brings us a goal.   

And on Traore I agree we have to get in him the box and pray for those fouls. We are in a real good position to pull ourselves clear of this mess if a few things click and some luck comes our way. Even if the worst happens and we go down, We should be well stacked to make another promotion push. I know easier said then done, but hey its Boro nothing has ever been straightforward. We adapt, we survive and live on.

I don't think his movement off the ball is good enough. He doesn't really make runs.

This is my main problem with trying it. Yes his pace is insane but Vardy and others like him are about so much more than just pace. His finishing is pretty bad from what we've seen as well.

I wouldn't be completely against trying it at some point but probably not this season.

I have a plan that would work for Traore.

He can't pass. He can't shoot. He can't cross.

He can run with the ball, very quickly. He can take men on.

My instruction would be to play him central, and just tell him to keep running with it until it is in the net.

Think of it as the Forrest Gump approach.

I understand Fischer hasn't pulled up any trees since hes' got here, that said I don't think he was afforded a month of continuous starts/games to bed in like the rest of the new signings this year, he was always the odd one out playing in bits and parts, then injury or some other reason was excluded from the 1st team. I take it he didn't quite cut it to become an AK type who tracked back and help play out our shape and style. Maybe he isn't good enough for that. 

That said with AK gone, we have to give the lad a prolonged chance at disproving us. I mean besides Ramirez we don't have that type of player who can come up with movements of brilliance, all be it in flashes. With our current state in offense, I'd take one flash a match as long as it brings us a goal.   

And on Traore I agree we have to get in him the box and pray for those fouls. We are in a real good position to pull ourselves clear of this mess if a few things click and some luck comes our way. Even if the worst happens and we go down, We should be well stacked to make another promotion push. I know easier said then done, but hey its Boro nothing has ever been straightforward. We adapt, we survive and live on.

I think Fischer will prove to be more of an attacking midfielder than a winger. I know he hasn't shown much in his game time but all of the reports of him before/when he signed suggested he had the attributes to be an attacking forward rather than a wide man. I think if we go for a fluid 4-2-3-1 he could switch it up with the other two AMs.

I know it might seem negative but I think him/Traore/Bamford/ and maybe either Downing or Ramirez (both more unlikely) would make a good, interchangeable 3 behind the striker. If we go down, that is.

I don't think his movement off the ball is good enough.  He doesn't really make runs.

I have a plan that would work for Traore.

He can't pass. He can't shoot. He can't cross.

He can run with the ball, very quickly. He can take men on.

My instruction would be to play him central, and just tell him to keep running with it until it is in the net.

Think of it as the Forrest Gump approach.

Haha, whad'ya know. Sometimes the most obvious strategy is the most effective one.

Preference is still 3-4-3. Valdes, Chambers, Ayala, Gibson, Traore, De Roon, Clayton, Fabio, Ramirez, Stuani/Gestede, Negredo. Like for like replacements if we still have injuries.

But I'd take the 4-4-2 Borodane suggested, maybe with Ramirez on the left.

As long as we play two up top and don't play 3 in central midfield, I'd be happy. Not holding my breath though.

Not a must win game. But it is definitely a must not lose. And we must take 4 points from the next 2 games. Or at a push 5 points from 3. Anything less and we're as good as down.

Preference is still 3-4-3. Valdes, Chambers, Ayala, Gibson, Traore, De Roon, Clayton, Fabio, Ramirez, Stuani/Gestede, Negredo. Like for like replacements if we still have injuries.

Problem with that is the wide players are like wing backs. I don't think Traore could play that role if his life depended on it. He gets out of position when he's just sat on the bench! Friend could possibly do it if he wasn't crocked.

Problem with that is the wide players are like wing backs. I don't think Traore could play that role if his life depended on it. He gets out of position when he's just sat on the bench! Friend could possibly do it if he wasn't crocked.

I agree it's a risk. His crossing is questionnable and defensively it's a tall order. But I think we need him in our team given our lack of alternatives and his blistering pace. We need someone direct and to exploit the space on the touchline. Even if at times we're a little exposed, it might suit him to have a more defined role to run at people out wide and just bungle the ball into the two strikers! 3 CBs would offer him a bit of protection too. And, if truth be told, I don't trust him as a winger.

Friend is an option, but I think Traore has more potential there.

We also need a system that facilitates two strikers and Ramirez at #10 imo. Without 3 CMs. And I can't see many viable alternatives.

I just want us to take a bit of a risk. Be brave. Try something different. Go down in flames if need be. But 4-4-2 would suffice. As long as we GENUINELY try to attack in numbers in our remaining games with a little extra creative/clinical personnel then I'll feel like this season wasn't as much of a premeditated surrender. Feels like such a shame to grind in the Championship for so many years, finally achieve what we all wanted, and just throw in the towel when we finally got our chance.

I think traore has to play. I know at the end of the game he's actually achieved very little in terms of end results but he does occupy half thier team and make them play deeper and deeper which is worth his place. It also gets the supporters off their seats and gets things going

I can see the good and bad parts of playing him up front. But i think if you keep things really simple with him i.e. Just get him to play off negrado. So tell him when the balls played long to negrado he has to be around or even behind him pick up the pieces and run