oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea City (a) 0-0

see roughly where your coming from , Rich regarding Troare. 

due to the form or lack of much better impact from other option id also play him now .were rapidly approaching nothing to lose scenario tbh.

hes obviosly got his poor points like defensive duties so he may as well be given a free role without this .  one area he would definately be a threat would be to leave him as our furthest man forward when defending corners , then any half decent lump forward may give him an opportunity to break quickly hopefully in a relatvely straight line lol. then even more hopefully into a shooting position then , ok vey very hopefully the next stage.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to see Traore up top. Let's face it, on the wing he is pretty ineffective. He dribbles past people yes, but with a bad end product, what's the point?

Up front at least he could go past people and be in the area for a penalty or a shot.

I hope he stays when we go down, i think he would smash it in the championship and if he adds goals to his game he would be worth soooo much.

Think people are being harsh on Traore's delivery tbh. He was showing a lot of improvement in that department a couple of weeks back then found himself out the team. When he came on against utd he put in a couple of decent balls as well. 

Downing put in 1 half decent cross for the goal which to be honest was more De Roon's Challenge and the fluffed clearance that gave us the goal, but apart from that over hit at least 5 or 6 attempted crosses where he had zero pressure on him. Traore has to start.

Swansea have under Clement still conceded an average on 2 goals per game.

They are still defensively poor.

We go for it and stick de roon or clayton on siggurdson and we win this imo.

whatever formation we play I just hope we have someone close to Negredo. 2 up top hopefully.

UTB

Think people are being harsh on Traore's delivery tbh. He was showing a lot of improvement in that department a couple of weeks back then found himself out the team. When he came on against utd he put in a couple of decent balls as well. 

Downing put in 1 half decent cross for the goal which to be honest was more De Roon's Challenge and the fluffed clearance that gave us the goal, but apart from that over hit at least 5 or 6 attempted crosses where he had zero pressure on him. Traore has to start.

Surely with 2 strikers one gambles at the front and the other gambles back post?

I agree I'd start him, but his delivery could be improved. I guess the only way he improves is by playing him.

I agree with you on this. I don't think his crossing is much worse than most at the club. The problem is he often doesn't know when to cross. All too often he takes a touch too many or takes on an opponent too many when it would have been best to just cross it. If he learns to release the ball at better times he would be a lot more effective. If we play two up front I'd instruct him to try and get past his direct opponent and then cross it or run into the area. Don't try and take it all the way to the byline because that is where he usually gets out of balance and runs himself into a blind alley.

I don't know if they do, but the coach's should be working continually with Traore on his final delivery and his movement into the box given his pace.

For me you've got to start with Traore against Swansea, running with that speed is frightening for any defender, It would gives Swansea's LB second thoughts about going forward and leaving himself vulnerable.

I feel with 2 up front I fancy us to win this, Swansea will not expect it.

I don't know if they do, but the coach's should be working continually with Traore on his final delivery and his movement into the box given his pace.

For me you've got to start with Traore against Swansea, running with that speed is frightening for any defender, It would gives Swansea's LB second thoughts about going forward and leaving himself vulnerable.

My lad was showing me vids of his time with Barca juniors and b team. And his finishing was excellent. Not sure where that player has gone

I don't know if they do, but the coach's should be working continually with Traore  on his final delivery and his movement into the box given his pace.

My lad was showing me vids of his time with Barca juniors and b team. And his finishing was excellent.  Not sure where that player has gone

Maybe it's just a hell of a lot easier to play for the best team at junior level than it is for a poor team in the Premier League where you have no time to think. I'd imagine he had plenty of time and space in those games for Barca.

I don't know if they do, but the coach's should be working continually with Traore  on his final delivery and his movement into the box given his pace.

My lad was showing me vids of his time with Barca juniors and b team. And his finishing was excellent.  Not sure where that player has gone

Maybe it's just a hell of a lot easier to play for the best team at junior level than it is for a poor team in the Premier League where you have no time to think. I'd imagine he had plenty of time and space in those games for Barca.

A one on one with a keeper is similar at any level

Didn't get a lot of play time at the Villa, might just be lacking in a bit of confidence on the goal front.

Didn't get a lot of play time at the Villa, might just be lacking in a bit of confidence on the goal front.

Hope so. He really looked like he could finish unlike now where he seems to panic

I feel somewhat conflicted with all the coaching Traores been getting. Yes I understand he needs it to some degree but considering the 80 page dossiers.......maybe constantly pointing out his shortcomings makes him extra cautious not to screw up come game time, which in turn dulls the otherwise unpredictability that makes a player like Traore dangerous. 

AK has many examples of taking raw fast exciting wingers and turning them into more complete products at the cost of 1 or 2 of those former attributes. Maybe in the future AK can fine tune those aspects and be successful, but he didnt always get it right with us. I realize not many held Reach in high regard but since Mogga used him at left back, thought he would go on to become our Bale, he had all the natural attributes but AK made him functional at the cost of his attacking instincts. He fulfilled his role in the team I dont doubt that, but what could have been.....

1 point minimum but 3 points would be great. I keep changing my mind on what team I hope we put out. All 4 of our strikers could play well together I think (not in a McClaren in the Uefa Cup kinda way) but its how you combine them and shape up the team to make chances for them. 442 433 4231 442 diamond will all work with the personel we have but its the tactical approach that will decide our success. We need to approach games more positively as we have been setting up to be hard to beat and actually being quite easy to beat.

A bit like Chip I keep changing my mind on what I'd like to see. I do however think Traore must start, and we must not start with the 3 center mids. Preferably Leadbitter and Stuani nowhere near the starting 11 either. 

Not sure who is available defensively but I'd look to go either of these...

De Roon Clayton                                                        Traore    De Roon  Clayton Ramirez

Traore    Fischer   Ramirez                                                          Gestede    Negredo

Negredo