• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even those rise tinted glasses fans should realise that were going to be relegated.

It's not lack of trying by the players, just not got enough quality!

I for one am going to enjoy the rest of the season and appreciate Man City and ***nal coming to the riverside.

People may this this status is being far fetched but surely these type of performances give a good indication that were going down!

Players are trying their hardest for the shirt which is all fans asks for, however plays like Bernado,Barragan, Forshaw, Fabio, Gestede are just not good enough.

Re-build in the summer and let's go again for another promotion push!

Can anyone remember a worse Middlesbrough team than this to watch, I am struggling to think of one, even Strachan,s tartan army had a bit of fight about them at times. Time to accept the inevitable and plan for next season, it is pointless now playing half this team as they will not drop down with us, time to just start planning the next campaign. A word for Gibson to-day, a light in a fog of mediocrity, he never put a foot wrong, unlike Bernardo who quite frankly just looks lost at this level.

I actually got a bit sick of watching our style of play last season.... and given that we got promoted, that's saying a lot! I've hated this style of football for quite a long time.

(It also didn't help that the six live games I went to last year were all pretty dire away performances, and mainly during the bad run we had in Jan/Feb/Mar).

So sick of Barragan, how hard can it be to throw it properly?

Unbelievable ball from Negredo there

I'm sick of a lot of these players, the halfwits that signed them and the Chairman that seems to be more interested in friendships than doing what's right for the club.

Not a big fan of many of our players, but Barragan and Espinosa take it to another level.

Not sure Gibbo can be criticised for too much though, it's the structure below him that's rotten. All Gibbo did wrong was wait too long to pull the trigger on AK, but even then AK hid his inevitable failure well for half a season.

And immediately instate Steve Agnew because he knows him and is a good person, rather than conduct a proper search for a coach/manager that may actually keep us up.

I can see Agnew getting the job full-time and Gibson scaling back on the investment in the transfer market. I imagine he'll get the same sort of budget as Mowbray did. 

We had our chance under Karanka in the Premier League and blew it, spending a lot of money on extremely average to poor players. Now we'll have to slowly rebuild again.

I hope you are wrong and the thought of rebuilding again is painful, it's been a loooong process getting back. Anyway, it's only football..

we need to beat hull and burnley and need a draw and win off the top teams. that alone is 33 points. another 2 wins or win and draw. i think 37 will be enough.

hull - 3 points

burnley - 3 points

***nal - 1 point

muff - 0

mackems - 3 points

city - 3

chelsea - 0

saints - 1

liverpool - 0

tough ask with how bad we are. :(

Do we still have a Steve Agnew fan club? We looked just as bad as we did under Aitor Karanka. We need to get rid off him in the summer too. He's not the answer, not this season and not next season.

Well we've still only had 2 games under SA. Bit unfair to write him off just yet.

On the evidence so far I would say we look a little better organised and disciplined and he seems to have restored a bit of the work ethic.

However we need to work a lot harder and for much longer over 90 minutes if we are going to win games. We're also still crying out for a bit of intelligence, creativity and the simple desire to push forward and attack.

A couple of people pointed out during the game that it looks like the football has been coached out of our squad and I think they have a point. Its almost like we don't know what to do once we get into the opposition half.

Nothing's changed same players doing nowt and getting picked, what a waste of nearly £10 mill for Bamford & Guediora,. one can't even get on the bench and the other can't get on the pitch.

We're a joke, absolute shambles.

Do we still have a Steve Agnew fan club? We looked just as bad as we did under Aitor Karanka. We need to get rid off him in the summer too. He's not the answer, not this season and not next season.

Taken another ***e in your cornflakes, has he?

Can anyone remember a worse Middlesbrough team than this to watch, I am struggling to think of one, even Strachan,s tartan army had a bit of fight about them at times. Time to accept the inevitable and plan for next season, it is pointless now playing half this team as they will not drop down with us, time to just start planning the next campaign. A word for Gibson to-day, a light in a fog of mediocrity, he never put a foot wrong, unlike Bernardo who quite frankly just looks lost at this level.

I actually got a bit sick of watching our style of play last season.... and given that we got promoted, that's saying a lot! I've hated this style of football for quite a long time.

(It also didn't help that the six live games I went to last year were all pretty dire away performances, and mainly during the bad run we had in Jan/Feb/Mar).

With you on that, I remember nights at Mk Dons, Blackburn, Bristol where I wondered what I was watching.

Feels like pretty much everyone involved or associated with the club has given up.

Felt like we were already relegated after that pathetic January window anyway.

This is arguably the most annoying thing. £16m and for that we've received -

1) Bamford who can't get a look in.

2) Guedioura who only gets on for twenty minutes now and then. His 'quality' is his long shots allegedly and yet so far he has spooned every shot well wide/over and provided nothing else.

3) Gestede, who I do like, but that chance and the 39 games stat suggests he won't come close to helping to keep us up.

Unbelievable waste.

Taken another *** in your cornflakes, has he?

Are you seriously defending him again? He's a ***ing con. He calls himself an attacking coach and we failed to register a single shot on target against the worst defence in the league. Should have just kept hold of Karanka.

Are you seriously defending him again? He's a *** con. He calls himself an attacking coach and we failed to register a single shot on target against the worst defence in the league. Should have just kept hold of Karanka.

We did have a shot on target though?

With you on that, I remember nights at Mk Dons, Blackburn, Bristol where I wondered what I was watching.

Yes... all of those and Charlton too.

Bristol probably took the biscuit (just) over Charlton. We were top at the time against a team who were second bottom. They actually attacked us. We defended for pretty much the whole match. Got deeper and deeper in the second half..... and then that 96th minute goal they scored, after a series of corners!!!

We were awful :D

(We were even rubbish away to Brentford.... but won it 1-0 with their keeper's own goal) :D

Oh well...... COME ON BORO !!!

(I think it would have been easier to have been born in Barcelona).

Are you seriously defending him again? He's a *** con. He calls himself an attacking coach and we failed to register a single shot on target against the worst defence in the league. Should have just kept hold of Karanka.

We did have a shot on target though?

When?