•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UP IN WONDERLAND or DOWN WITH SUNDERLAND

COME ON BORO

:D

Talking of Sunderland.... I was at Watford v Sunderland yesterday. BOTH teams were pretty much garbage. I honestly can't believe that Watford haven't been in more trouble this season.

Right, thought about this a lot and the team I want to see is (assuming Friend and Chambers really arent ready and Ayala is only just back)

Valdes

Fabio

Bernado

Gibson

Barragan

Clayton

De Roon

Downing

Ramirez

Fischer

Gestede

A variety of strengths in attack so we arent predictable and we still have Negredo and Traore as back up. Thought about Stuani or Bamford as RW but Stuani lacks mobility and Bamford would be the goal threat of the 3 (Fischers place) but that would be 3 left footed attackers behind Gestede

What's the justification behind putting Fischer in Chip?

I feel like he offers a goalscoring threat inside and outside the box and gets close to the striker when operating in a 3. I remember seeing him in a home game on the left and was thinking he really needed someone playing in the hole that he can link up with when cutting inside which would be Ramirez and Downing. Him Downing Ramirez can play all 3 positions so rotation would work well.

For me.his alternatives are :

Stuani - delivers goals, attacks the back post, fairly poor on the ball, slow

Bamford - good technically, left footed goal threat, hasnt had many minutes so see of he is still that player

Traore - quick, skilfull, slows down play, doesnt attack box much, rarely passes

I have more faith in him scoring or assisting than the others. Traore frustrates me so much and Stuani can be a defensive liability (him and Barragan on the right would scare me). Bamford is a bit unknown at the moment but like I said I dont like the idea of 3 left footed attackers behind Gestede as it offers little variety to inside/outside when they switch (may be different if we had Fabio rb instead of Barragan).

I am picking up my friend from Gatwick Airport at 1240 hrs h has already been told to keep quiet whilst I listen to the commentary on the drive back, hopefully will get to see some of the game depending on what the score is once I get home.

Boy do we need to win this one

So, if I'm not mistaken, Traore has gone for a..uh, brave new haircut.

Might be part of the plan to distract Swansea's defence. Reads somewhere that Swansea have been involved in 99 goals this season (for and against) so if we fail to score today we may as well forfeit the rest of the season.

Will be driving back to Norwich while the game is on. Told the wife she can't have radio on just in case as got game recorded on sky.

Hugest of huge days today

Come on Boro