oneBoro Forum

Ben Gibson called up for England

A hull fan went "How in the world Gibson has got into the England squad above Harry maguire I'll never understand. FA have a vendetta against us"

Man Utd fan (of all people) "Well he's played very minute in the 5th best defense in the Premier league, he has significant tournament experiment with the England under 21's under Southgate directly and he's left footed. I don't think it's all that far fetched to be honest"

Made me giggle a little! From what I've seen Maguire looks like he's had a good season and it's probably fine margins. Delighted that gibbo got the call though!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

If Southgate sticks with a back 3 then Gibson is pretty much nailed on to start. Phil Jones injured, Smalling injured, Cahill suspended.

Eric Dier could easily be moved into the back three with Stones and Keane :dodgy:  But I still hope Gibson starts.

Well deserved.

I hope he doesn't get injured and I hope he becomes a fixture in the squad. He has held his own against every top striker in the league this year. Costa, Kane, Aguero etc. None of them have ripped him apart

Aitor tweeted about Ben's call up

:heart: :(

I imagine Gibbos development is one of Karankas proudest accomplishments as manager.

Aitor tweeted about Ben's call up

:heart: :(

I imagine Gibbos development is one of Karankas proudest accomplishments as manager.

I agree. The improvements in our defenders is largely down to him.

He made Gibson, Friend and Ayala all better players.

To a lesser extent players like Nsue too.

I honestly think had chambers stayed fit we could have had a good few extra points on the board

Well done Gibbo! He has been a class act the last few seasons, hes earned all the adulations.

Pretty magnanimous gesture by Aitor, hes added healthily to his reputation. Took us as far as he could, we live on and regardless of the circumstances a top man, will go on to do big things in the future.......(as long as he avoids the Valencia job like the plague).