oneBoro Forum

Next Season

18,000 season cards renewed. So we'll be well supported if we do drop down. Brilliant effort from the fans after a disastrous season so far.

Yeah, that is amazing. If we do go down, wouldn't you expect the ticket prices to go down a bit too though?

Like it's all very well keeping the prices the same, but if (in theory) the product is inferior, you'd expect to pay a bit less wouldn't you?

Well I went from paying £570 this year to £397 for next so yeah they have went down for a lot of people.

Product maybe deemed 'inferior' by some, but there are 5 more games to watch and also guaranteed to see more wins and less defeats.

All very good points!! More games.... more wins - nice. What's not to like. :D

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

18,000 season cards renewed. So we'll be well supported if we do drop down. Brilliant effort from the fans after a disastrous season so far.

Yeah, that is amazing. If we do go down, wouldn't you expect the ticket prices to go down a bit too though?

Like it's all very well keeping the prices the same, but if (in theory) the product is inferior, you'd expect to pay a bit less wouldn't you?

Well I went from paying £570 this year to £397 for next so yeah they have went down for a lot of people.

Product maybe deemed 'inferior' by some, but there are 5 more games to watch and also guaranteed to see more wins and less defeats.

All very good points!! More games.... more wins - nice. What's not to like.  :D

It might be worth consolidating our place in the championship for the next couple of seasons in that case.

23 games against the likes of Villa, Sunderland, Derby and Norwich is a much better deal than 19 matches against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford and Swansea.

;)

All very good points!! More games.... more wins - nice. What's not to like.  :D

It might be worth consolidating our place in the championship for the next couple of seasons in that case.

23 games against the likes of Villa, Sunderland, Derby and Norwich is a much better deal than 19 matches against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford and Swansea.

;)

Wise words Billy - VFM.

Wolves, Leeds (when they lose in the play-offs), Sheff Wed, Nottingham Forest, Fulham.... the list goes on.

And then a few bonus "CAN'T LOSE" games against some completely dross teams.... that we obviously lose, just to keep it 'Boro real'.

Aiden McGeady has been brilliant in the Championship this year for Preston and is in the final year of his contract at Everton so should be available at a decent price. If we go down then he'll surely be somewhere on our target list. No more illustrious names like Deulofeu and Bojan :P

So disillusioned at the moment. It's not the fact we are going down, it's the norm for a couple of the teams that come up to go back down. It's more to do with the illogical structure of the club, things we have been told are going to happen but haven't.

Alliances with Athletico, Juventus etc... have born nothing apart from a youth team friendly. Surely the time to get players on loan from those clubs was this season? Do those links even exist any more?

Kenyon / Mendes - They got us Karanka but would have thought Mendes would have sent us some of his players to showcase in the premier league.

We got Victor Orta in - Guru in recruitment apparently but then signed Gestede, Bamford and Guedioura. Obviously players that Gary Gill etc... had recommended.

Told we were going to have a go and weren't there to make up the numbers. If signing the above is classed as having a go I'm flabbergasted.

When AK left we put someone in charge who was part of the regime that was deemed to have failed and not just that but hired woodgate to join him. Both have next to no experience in the roles they have been asked to fill during a time when we needed to get points on the board asap.

What is the direction of the club, European model or back to being little Englanders, we seem to be half and half at the moment.

As for next season

For me the European model that we have half implemented is the way to go but just think Gibson would rather have a group of friends around him that he can fully control cos it's easy.

I'd love us to try and get Wagner.

So I'm thinking we will go back to what we were trying to put in place under Mowbray and I wouldn't be surprised to see Mogga himself come back, with Agnew number 2. Or Pearson.

Below is what I think we will be left with after this season. Hopefully some of the youth squad can be promoted, the likes of Cooke, Chapman etc...

Goalkeepers

Ripley

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos

Defenders

Fabio Da Silva

George Friend

Daniel Ayala

Dael Fry

Alex Baptiste

Midfielders

Adam Clayton

Marten de Roon

Stewart Downing

Adlene Guedioura

Adam Forshaw

Carlos De Pena

Viktor Fischer

Strikers

Patrick Bamford

Rudy Gestede

We should be quids in with the parachute payments and the sales of Gibson, Gaston and Traore so any new manager will have the funds to build a promotion squad around a good base.

Creativity in the middle, quality centre halves, players with crossing ability and players who can score goals from midfield. Thats what I think will be needed.

I'd like us to look at Paul Heckingbottom at Barnsley, he's done a remarkable job in the last 18 months.

Could do worse. If prefer a Wagner/Stam/Jokanovic, but Heckinbottom would be a decent shout if we couldn't get one of the higher profiles. Certainly I'd prefer him over Agnew.

Trying to be slightly positive with the shower of sh*t we are currently getting, I still believe we are a very attractive proposition for a lot of managers next season. They will be attracted because Gibson does give managers time (too much) and because we will likely have a large transfer budget after getting money for Gibson/Ramirez.

We do need a massive overhaul. It is always nice to have local lads playing for the team but I believe we've become too familiar. Downing/Leadbitter need to go, along with Agnew and Woodgate. 

Negredo won't be back, Valdes deserves better and I'd accept any offer going for Stuani/Barragan/Bernardo. De Roon is a weird one, there's a lot of things I like about the guy but at the same time wouldn't be fussed if he stayed or left if we could recoup some decent money. I know there was a big debate on whether Traore would stay or go, personally I'd love to keep but don't think we have a hope in hells chance.

We'd be looking at a starting 11 of something like this..

Ripley

Fabio   Ayala    Fry   Friend

Clayton  De Roon

Traore   Fischer   Chapman

Bamford

Dimi, Husband, Forshaw, Guedioura, Gestede

For me that's a top 6 championship team before any additions and when you consider our expected large transfer budget 3 or 4 top Champo players added into that makes it a promotion  team. Obvious signings would be at cb and attacking mid, however I'd be excited to see that front 4 play together, think it has everything you'd want in a front 4 at championship level. All young players as well with the potential to be very good prem players imo. Gestede as a good plan b.

I'd like us to look at Paul Heckingbottom at Barnsley, he's done a remarkable job in the last 18 months.

Could do worse. If prefer a Wagner/Stam/Jokanovic, but Heckinbottom would be a decent shout if we couldn't get one of the higher profiles. Certainly I'd prefer him over Agnew.

I think those three are probably unrealistic as all of their clubs will be looking to challenge for promotion next season (if they don't go up this). Heckingbottom would be realistic and I bet he's picked up more points over the past 18 months than any of those three.

I would like to think that SG has already began indentifying managers. Our recruitment in the summer and Jan was poor in my opinion... Orta would be gone if it were me and our scouting network needs a major focus shift!! Managers decide what players they want unless it's a youngster with potential!! Then we look at the playing squad... Valdes won't stay , shame but I think we will put Ripley between the sticks! Barragan Bernardo Chanbers Gibson all out and possibly Fabio... rebuild job of the back 4 vital. We will struggle to hold on to Clayton and De Roon and Leadbitter out of contract I believe... would Forshaw do a job... not so sure personally! Felt as the season wore on he was more focused on pass completion etc. Traore and Ramirez are sold or as good as!! Wouldn't have Downing anywhere near the team next year and would let him have a free transfer!! Negredo won't stay and nor will Stuani! Leaves just Gestede who will need someone playing off him for sure! How much do people think we will get from player sales??

Valdes - Free

Gibson - 30mil

Chambers - end of loan

Fabio - 5mil??

Barragan - Free

Bernardo - Free

Traore - 10 mil

Ramirez - 7-8 mil

Negredo - end of loan

De Roon - 7mil

Clayton - 5mil

Still got the 12mil from Rhodes to come

Total - 77mil with also first parachute payment, anyone know how much that is??

Really hope we get someone in to manage who has no affiliation with Boro in any way shape or form... does things his way and puts his mark on our club in a positive way!

I Would like it to be McClaren, the opinion would be divided but he was our most successful manager and helped create a legacy.

Some managers just fit clubs and I think he would stabilize the club, and mount a serious promotion push.

Pearson has no experience at removing dead wood, and additionally for the people who want a manager who "says it as it is" ! We have just removed Karanka who did that....

We are going to require a vastly experienced manager, as I expect a complete overhaul at the club in the summer

I would like to think that SG has already began indentifying managers. Our recruitment in the summer and Jan was poor in my opinion... Orta would be gone if it were me and our scouting network needs a major focus shift!! Managers decide what players they want unless it's a youngster with potential!! Then we look at the playing squad... Valdes won't stay , shame but I think we will put Ripley between the sticks! Barragan Bernardo Chanbers Gibson all out and possibly Fabio... rebuild job of the back 4 vital. We will struggle to hold on to Clayton and De Roon and Leadbitter out of contract I believe... would Forshaw do a job... not so sure personally! Felt as the season wore on he was more focused on pass completion etc. Traore and Ramirez are sold or as good as!! Wouldn't have Downing anywhere near the team next year and would let him have a free transfer!! Negredo won't stay and nor will Stuani! Leaves just Gestede who will need someone playing off him for sure! How much do people think we will get from player sales??

Valdes - Free

Gibson - 30mil

Chambers - end of loan

Fabio - 5mil??

Barragan - Free

Bernardo - Free

Traore - 10 mil

Ramirez - 7-8 mil

Negredo - end of loan

De Roon - 7mil

Clayton - 5mil

Still got the 12mil from Rhodes to come

Total - 77mil with also first parachute payment, anyone know how much that is??

Really hope we get someone in to manage who has no affiliation with Boro in any way shape or form... does things his way and puts his mark on our club in a positive way!

I don't see why we'd let Clayton or De Roon go, especially not for the amounts mentioned, same with Fabio for me. Valdes would only go if we got a fee in my opinion. Traore is a strange one for me, I'm sure there will be interest in the summer as he has definitely come on this season but I'd do what we can to keep him as he could be deadly in the championship. Everyone else I agree with, if the rumour about Bernardo is true then he could be worth keeping as long as he shakes off the injury.