oneBoro Forum

Next Season

WE COULD ACTUALLY STAY UP.

If we beat Burnley, we're not SO far adrift. It's definitely been a crap few weeks.... but it's not all over yet!

That's the spirit Betamaxman... We will make a rose tinter out of you yet  ;)

He needs to be chairman

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

AR, you mention de Roon and wages but there's recently been an article about him mentioning that his wages are relatively low for the PL, yet more than he's ever had. Can't see him being on THAT much.

Maybe you're right. he came with a fairly hefty price tag (£12 million, wasn't it?) so I just assumed his wages would be similarly high.

If they're reasonable though I'd definitely try and keep him.

It was "up to" 12 million. I imagine some stay up clause etc. think the initial sum was 8 million. And he was only at Atalanta one year after coming from Holland so he would have been on relatively small wages.

WE COULD ACTUALLY STAY UP.

If we beat Burnley, we're not SO far adrift. It's definitely been a crap few weeks.... but it's not all over yet!

That's the spirit Betamaxman... We will make a rose tinter out of you yet  ;)

He needs to be chairman

Well thank you.

We've left ourselves a bit of a mountain to climb.... but if we beat Burnley on Saturday, and Hull and Swansea lose, then it's game on.

If we fail to win on Saturday... then I'm afraid I'll be a bit more negative about it :(

We also have parachute payments. Big outgoing salaries. Smaller operating costs.... yes i think we'll spend what we recoup.

Take off the 's' we have 1 parachute payment

We also have parachute payments. Big outgoing salaries. Smaller operating costs.... yes i think we'll spend what we recoup.

Don't we get a payment for three yrs

We get it for two years, only three years if you've been in the Prem for more than 1 year.

We get it for two years, only three years if you've been in the Prem for more than 1 year.

I think he meant we only need one year ;)

I think he meant we only need one year ;)

What.....you mean a posetive comment.........that's what threw me

Ripley

Bernardo Ayala fry

New rm Clayton De Roon new lm

Traore Gestede Fischer

Dimi

Fabio Ayala Friend

Clayton

Forshaw Leadbitter

Stuani Traore Fischer

Bamford

Subs - Ripley, Bernardo, Fry, Husband, Guidioura, de Roon, Gestede

I think that gives us a pretty exciting attacking line up, plus it returns us closer to the team that won promotion and know how to do so in the championship.

Gibson deserves a move to a PL team and we could do with the money.

Downing will probably leave, lets be honest some of the fans have been pretty critical of him despite him sacrificing PL football to help get us promoted.

There's no way Valdez and Negredo are staying. Ramirez will want to leave.

de Roon, will he stay or will he go? Barragan??

Dimi was a star in the promotion season. Bamford was one of the best strikers we've had in years the year before, hopefully his form can be rediscovered. Bamford, Gestede, Stuani gives us effectively 3 strikers, but It might be worth trying to get Rhodes back now AK has gone. I'd also like to see Adomah return. I have my doubts with Gestede, his lack of winning experience is a huge concern.

Rhodes deal to Wednesday is permanent. And 10 million looks a good deal considering he hasn't done much since dropping to the championship again and even playing in an attacking team. 3 goals in 14 matches is hardly prolific.

I am 37

In my lifetime Middlesbrough have spent 18 years outside of the top flight.

So virtually half. So to me moving between the top two divisions (barring one season in the third) is perfectly normal. I see it as the rightful and accurate position of our club.

Maybe those who are a fair bit younger or older might have a different experience or expectation. But if we go down I won't see it as the end of the world. Just another bump on the ride.

The best bit on a roller coaster is always the downhill bit anyway.

Up the Biro