oneBoro Forum

Next Season

Rhodes deal to Wednesday is permanent. And 10 million looks a good deal considering he hasn't done much since dropping to the championship again and even playing in an attacking team. 3 goals in 14 matches is hardly prolific.

If the club really wanted Rhodes back I'm sure we could buy him. Maybe even buy him back cheaper if he's not been prolific, if the club wanted him.....

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhodes deal to Wednesday is permanent. And 10 million looks a good deal considering he hasn't done much since dropping to the championship again and even playing in an attacking team. 3 goals in 14 matches is hardly prolific.

If the club really wanted Rhodes back I'm sure we could buy him. Maybe even buy him back cheaper if he's not been prolific, if the club wanted him.....

I'm not sure he'd be desperate to return. The only way I could see it happening would be if SHeff Wed got cold feet and realised he wasn't worth £10m a bit like the St Ledger deal years ago.

I'm not sure he'd be desperate to return. The only way I could see it happening would be if SHeff Wed got cold feet and realised he wasn't worth £10m a bit like the St Ledger deal years ago.

Would we want Rhodes back. There's better forwards around

No he's awful but when has that ever stopped us signing players?

I'd be interested to see why you don't like Rhodes so much Billy, comments like this since we signed the fella. Surely you don't actually think he's awful?

I'd be interested to see why you don't like Rhodes so much Billy, comments like this since we signed the fella. Surely you don't actually think he's awful?

There are players around that score the goals he does but offer a lot more in my opinion. And he has no pace and when your under pressure that's vital

I was happy when he signed for us, but having watched him play, I came to the conclusion that he was slow and clumsy, the one thing that I thought that he might offer is clinical finishing as we don't create that many opportunities, he didn't tick that box for me either.

I was happy when he signed for us, but having watched him play, I came to the conclusion that he was slow and clumsy, the one thing that I thought that he might offer is clinical finishing as we don't create that many opportunities, he didn't tick that box for me either.

Yeah agree with that. Depending on who we have at the helm, and what system we play next year though he might have flourished back in the Champ as his record suggests. Pointless though as transfer done and dusted.

I'm really hoping that we don't go with Steve Agnew, he seems a nice guy with a will to want to win. I just can't see us doing that well next season unless we get someone in with experience. It's not about the name of manager for me, AK was in some ways a great coach, he settled us, steered us and got us promoted but if boro are at all serious about returning to the PL and staying there then we need to make the correct appointment. Not some unknown who once worked with Jose. AK was great besides the tantrums, losing the dressing room and crappy attacking strategy. I'm just hoping we appoint wisely, get some good lads in as I've no idea who will be leaving. oh and that is if we do go down!! Slim if we stay up though. UTB

Serious overhaul needed throughout the club. Top to bottom.

That includes the recruitment team and whoever makes the fotball related decision. We are in a mess and it needs rectifying quickly if we want to hit the ground running next season.

Don't think for a minute Agnew will get the job next season.

Fully expect someone to come in the summer and a major overhaul.

Not convinced your correct there. No matter how much you may want it