• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we could have spent more this season if we wanted to and we didn't. So why would we spend more following relegation with reduced income?

Espinosa has been playing with an injury all season, and shouldn't have been playing at all for the last month. I don't think he's great either, but at Championship level, with a summer of rest, he might not be the disaster many suspect.

Wait, what, source, I haven't read that!

Could explain an awful lot and would change my opinion of his performances to "Wow, thanks for stepping up when we needed you" instead.

Dom Shaw from the Gazette told me (in person - Dan_Boro_Til_I_Die was there as well, and can confirm that he said it). Apparantly Karanka wouldn't have it known that he was struggling, and only told the journos off the record. That seems pretty bizarre, but then again, Karanka was pretty bizarre in general for the last few months or so.

£50 million is an arbitrary figure.

I don't think it's unbelievable in the slightest, to think that a new manager will be given the money we've recouped on players sold to spend on his own players.

£50 million is an arbitrary figure.

I don't think it's unbelievable in the slightest, to think that a new manager will be given the money we've recouped on players sold to spend on his own players.

Even though we spent less than that this season?  I think with reduced income we'd have to consider how much of any incoming monies we spend.

Dom Shaw from the Gazette told me (in person - Dan_Boro_Til_I_Die was there as well, and can confirm that he said it). Apparantly Karanka wouldn't have it known that he was struggling, and only told the journos off the record. That seems pretty bizarre, but then again, Karanka was pretty bizarre in general for the last few months or so.

Could be that he didn't want other teams to know or it could be that he didn't want fans to know an injured player was being picked ahead of a fit one?

Parachute payments don't make up for the lost income. Our outgoing salaries won't make up the shortfall.

Could be that he didn't want other teams to know or it could be that he didn't want fans to know an injured player was being picked ahead of a fit one?

Both very possible. In either case, I'm sure many fans would have had the same reaction I did - softening a little in our criticism of the lad (while still giving criticism where it's due). It just seems another example of Karanka being happy for the blame to be pointed elsewhere.

Both very possible. In either case, I'm sure many fans would have had the same reaction I did - softening a little in our criticism of the lad (while still giving criticism where it's due). It just seems another example of Karanka being happy for the blame to be pointed elsewhere. 

Yup they said he hasn't been fully fit in ages, plus no pre season.

Parachute payments don't make up for the lost income. Our outgoing salaries won't make up the shortfall.

We save 5mill just in negrado wages plus the rise in wages the players got when we went up will come down again so we won't have a much larger wage bill than the season we went up

Parachute payments don't make up for the lost income.  Our outgoing salaries won't make up the shortfall.

We save 5mill just in negrado wages  plus the rise in wages the players got when we went up will come down again so we won't have a much larger wage bill than the season we went up

Yeah I know all that.  The above statement still stands.