• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a huge clamour for husband and after 1 hr of football he's been dumped by 99% of people

I will never dump my husband

Ah well see...a couple of arguments !!!!!!!

4-4-2 did leave us too open. 4-3-3 we were toothless. 4-2-3-1 didn't quite work for us early doors. So let's try something different.

Let's:

(a) make sure Prowler doesn't read this message, and

(b) go with a wing back system, albeit playing make-shift wing-backs (5-2-3 / 3-4-3)

Given current injuries...

Valdes

Bernado     Ayala     Gibson

Traore            Clayton     De Roon          Downing

Ramirez/Fischer

Stuani     Gestede/Bamford

It ain't gunna happen. But I am definitely gunna harp on about it until we try it, win with it and until the inevitable day that Gibson makes the outstanding decision to appoint me as manager for next season.

4-4-2 did leave us too open. 4-3-3 we were toothless. 4-2-3-1 didn't quite work for us early doors. So let's try something different.

Let's:

(b) go with a wing back system (5-2-3 / 3-4-3)

Valdes

Ramirez/Fischer

It ain't gunna happen. But I am definitely gunna harp on about it until we try it, win with it and until the inevitable day that Gibson makes the outstanding decision to appoint me as manager for next season.

Prowler will strangle you!!! Stick with 4-4-2 but remember how to defend?? Just a thought 2-0 boro :)

Let's:

(b) go with a wing back system, albeit playing make-shift wing-backs (5-2-3 / 3-4-3)

Valdes

Ramirez/Fischer

We e tried that twice and it didn't work

We do get obsessed with formations which are only relevant at KO. It's the players that are more important

Let's:

Valdes

Ramirez/Fischer

We do get obsessed with formations which are only relevant at KO.  It's the players that are more important

Call me ignorant, but in which games did we try it? I vaguely seem to remember one, maybe a cup game or two at some point? Answers on a postcard.

Let's:

Valdes

Ramirez/Fischer

Neither Traore or Downing are cut out to be wing backs though.

Adama T doesn't have the defensive nouse or sense of positioning.

And Downing doesn't appear to have the legs to get up and down the wing.

Fabio could probably do it. But not on both wings at once. While barred from playing.

Let's:

Valdes

Ramirez/Fischer

Neither Traore or Downing are cut out to be wing backs though.

Adama T doesn't have the defensive nouse or sense of positioning.

And Downing doesn't appear to have the legs to get up and down the wing.

Fabio could probably do it. But not on both wings at once. While barred from playing.

Honestly, I completely agree. Fabio would definitely be the best wing-back option we have. Downing v questionnable. And Traore could leave us open. But I'd still like to see it. Nothing else seems to work. And long-term I think it has huge merits. As I mentioned on another thread, I'd like us to create a strategic identity. We're constantly chopping and changing between systems when things go wrong. And, to some degree, this is the modern formation. Solid and offensive, when executed correctly. Not saying I think we'd be able to execute it correctly straight away, or even close to that given some question marks over certain members of our squad to play it. But it's just something I sort of like the look of, to be frank. And it would be nice to see us adopt a system that we intend to play in the Championship and hopefully the PL again soon enough - rather then get promoted and amend everything that we managed so well prior to promotion. Continuity is a real weapon imo.

Let's:

Valdes

Ramirez/Fischer

We do get obsessed with formations which are only relevant at KO.  It's the players that are more important

Call me ignorant, but in which games did we try it? I vaguely seem to remember one, maybe a cup game or two at some point? Answers on a postcard.

Palace and Watford

Not sure Gibson Ayala and Espinosa work as a back 3. You need players who are comfortable stepping forward wth the ball and also who are able to slot into lb and rb.

Didnt we play 3 at the back under Mowbray with Bates Williams and McManus and it worked until they started to get injured? Bailey mopping up in front and quickly passing it to the flanks. Seems an age ago!

I can't condone the use of wing backs in any scenario. I feel a little bit sick every time someone mentions them.

Your not allowed multiple accounts...guys in charge either cancel this or the prowler account

I can't condone the use of wing backs in any scenario. I feel a little bit sick every time someone mentions them.

Your not allowed multiple accounts...guys in charge either cancel this or the prowler account

Rich, you've met me, you know I exist, prowler on the other hand...... He's supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody ever believed he was real. Nobody ever knew him or saw anybody that ever worked directly for him. But to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew; that was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.