• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He may well have been consulted CT, but that's not what Will said. He said there's no way Karanka 'made the decision', which must surely be true, especially as, like you say, he will have hardly seen him play. If players are being brought in without the manager having final word, it's highly unlikely that he has full autonomy over outgoings, certainly at junior level.

And even if it was solely down to him, surely the finances aren't? The fee didn't have to be accepted.

And now we're being linked to Nathan Thomas from Hartlepool United for 300k. I have no problem with buying players from the lower leagues provided they can make the step up but it does make you wonder why are we recruiting players before a manager is even in place for next season....

Or is the manager already in place?

And now we're being linked to Nathan Thomas from Hartlepool United for 300k. I have no problem with buying players from the lower leagues provided they can make the step up but it does make you wonder why are we recruiting players before a manager is even in place for next season....

Unfortunately I think the manager is in place. 

I hope i'm wrong.

Of course Newcastle aren't paying 6 million for Jakupovic. He's played two minutes of top flight football and has only youth football for Empoli after joining them. It was a weird sale at the time but if the entire coaching team and Dave Parnaby didn't believe in him surely it was right to let him go. It happens over and over in football. Send a young kid on instead of ruining his career if you don't think he has what it takes. We made some money on a kid that 24/25 times we would release later on for free. Another kid in the academy will have a chance to shine. There is only so much room and instead we have taken in a very promising Finnish kid.

Nathan Thomas did look a real talent when I saw him before his injury that kept him out for a while.

Everton have expressed an interest in Marten de Roon £12m+

Looks like a decent deal. At least we get all our money back and maybe some profit if the 12 million deal we signed was including bonusses etc. Don't think he will ever be worth much more than that and if he doesn't fancy dropping to the Championship it would be a decent deal. Would allow us to keep Clayton and recruit an expensive attack minded midfielder.

Looks like a decent deal. At least we get all our money back and maybe some profit if the 12 million deal we signed was including bonusses etc. Don't think he will ever be worth much more than that and if he doesn't fancy dropping to the Championship it would be a decent deal. Would allow us to keep Clayton and recruit an expensive attack minded midfielder.

Seems a strange move from an Everton point of view in my opinion, they've got Idrissa Gueye whose game is relatively similar to De Roons.

Unfortunately I think the manager is in place. 

I hope i'm wrong.

I agree with both KM and Lee but unfortunately I think it's Agnew, wouldn't be my choice, we need experience.

Seems a strange move from an Everton point of view in my opinion, they've got Idrissa Gueye whose game is relatively similar to De Roons.

I think they are selling McCarthy so will be a bit light in midfield and in their position they need two strong players for every position. De Roon can also play further forward than Gueye and is a bigger goal threat. Very smart move from Everton as De Roon has shown he is good enough in both Serie A and Premier League now. 12 million isn't much to them and they get a very capable squad player. De Roon also gets a move to a much bigger club that will do his international chances no harm.

West Brom interested in Gibson. We've decided against signing Jordan McGhee on a permanent deal.

I can't see WBA spending 20-25 million on one player.