oneBoro Forum

The Championship player wish list

Wouldn't mind seeing us go for someone like Mitrovic at Newcastle. I'm quite surprised he didn't get more chances and with promotion I can't see him getting much gametime. Benitez doesnt seem to rate him. If we are looking for a striker that is.

He doesn't score enough goals says my Newcastle supporting mate. He's a target man, we've already got one.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind seeing us go for someone like Mitrovic at Newcastle. I'm quite surprised he didn't get more chances and with promotion I can't see him getting much gametime. Benitez doesnt seem to rate him. If we are looking for a striker that is.

He doesn't score enough goals says my Newcastle supporting mate. He's a target man, we've already got one.

Yeah you might be right about that. Seems like the striker that would die for the cause though and a better footballer than Gestede. Could be decent foil for paddy but I guess we don't need another battering ram.

youd have to have had your head in the sand not to have seen where we need improving or even re assembling completely and we have failed to adress this area in the last TWO windows.  its got to be THE priority regarding order of importamce and expenditure between now and august  and with this in mind the management/coaching/scouting team has to be cleared up asap. so we have a basis on which type of players to go after with a view to exactly what formation/style of play we plan to adopt.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, commiserations on relegation.

Must be gut-wrenching having worked so hard and waited so long to get there, but just seems like you had nowhere near enough attacking threat.

Just wondering what you guys think the situation with Alex Baptiste will be? Grayson seems to be quite keen to take him back.

It's a virtual certainty that our two best CB's - Gibson and Chambers - won't be here next season so CB is an area where we're going to be a bit light in so him coming back could be a welcomed addition. If we sign some good quality CB's then it will make him becoming available for transfer more likely. Assuming them two leave then I think we will have Ayala, Espinoza, Baptiste and Fry but we will surely need to strengthen that area.

How has McGeady done for yous? Which position has he played?. Steve Agnew was reportedly at your match against Sheffield Wednesday and a winger is an area that we desperately need to stengthen in the Summer so I think we will probably be in for him from Everton as he's in the final year of his contract there.

Baptiste did well for us in the first half of the season. He then did his knee in around January time and missed 3 months. When he came back he then looked a bit old whilst playing and not really fully fit. I'd have him back but only on loan again or on a free. Our fans are fairly split on whether to bring him back, and to be honest I'm not sure he's good enough for you if you're planning to go straight back up.

Here's the latest from our local paper: http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/interest-in-pne-frontman-cools-1-8554296

On the recruitment front, the Lilywhites have been in touch with Middlesbrough about Alex Baptiste, who spent most of the season on loan at Deepdale.

While injury kept him out for three months in the second half of the campaign, Baptiste impressed for the first half .

The defender’s future at Middlesbrough will become clearer when they appoint a new manager in the next few weeks.

As for McGeady, I'm not one to exaggerate about players but he's been nothing short of magnificent.

Bakary Sako - Goals, Pace and Creativity. Will be available.

Jonny Howson - Goals from Midfield, consistently good performer in the Championship, also plenty of prem experience and has done reasonably well. He is available.

Tom Lawrence, not sure on his availability but I don't think he will feature at Leicester. Did very well last year, scores and creates.

Kalas + Ola Aina on loan. Try and buy Kalas if possible. We know exactly what Kalas brings, and he might be open to coming back.

Not entirely sure who I fancy for a GK. Stockdale has been mentioned as moving back North, he did play for Darlo so he might have ties here. I wouldn't mind Bentley from Brentford also, probably cost a bit though.

I'd try and offload Forshaw, Ramirez, Husband, Downing (Won't happen) and De Pena. I think Leadbitter will leave, unsure on De Roon and Traore. De Sart back out on loan, I'd send Fry out on loan also, keep Baptiste for cover.

Bruno Ecuele Manga from Cardiff. Contract has expired. Great CB at this level and super realistic. We should be all over this. Knows the league inside and out. For me would go straight in the starting eleven next to Gibson if he stays, as good as Ayala was in the Championship he can't be relied upon anymore. Absolute no brainer on a free. Maybe Fabio can have a word.