oneBoro Forum

If there was an away game we deserved to win it was at their place, we matched them and Ramirez missed the best chance of the game, they were worried about AT so if he plays further up the field I am sure he will create opportunities.

Should be an entertaining game for the neutrals

The neutrals can suck my nuts, I wanna win!!!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I wonder what Agnew's next knee jerk reaction will be for this game. I suspect that it will probably be to try to copy the style that Crystal Palace played against ***nal. It's just a shame that we don't have the same quality of players as Crystal Palace. There doesn't seem to be much of a plan.

It's a bit early to be getting sarcastic about our managers decisions isn't it

I wonder what Agnew's next knee jerk reaction will be for this game. I suspect that it will probably be to try to copy the style that Crystal Palace played against ***nal. It's just a shame that we don't have the same quality of players as Crystal Palace. There doesn't seem to be much of a plan.

This is the problem with football.

Karanka was criticised for rarely changing formation. Sticking to his principles and refusing to budge.

Agnew is criticised for changing too much. Not having a system and making it up as he goes along.

Which is the better option?

Agree Tyler. Don't think Agnew is the answer to get us back up to the Premier league next year, but has come under ridiculous scrutiny since he took over the reigns.

After the Swansea game criticised for not having enough of a go and being to similar to Karanka. Changed it up against Hull and criticised for being too open and all the comments starting pouring in about how we would have never lost that game or conceded that many with Karanka.

Back to keeping it tight against Burnley and criticised again.

Now I'm not saying he shouldn't get criticised, becasue Karanka was criticised too. But I wish fans would make up their minds of what they want him to do with this team.

I really hope when we get our new gaffa in next season that it's just a fresh start, and there's no references or comparisons to the previous era. Need a refresh, trust the manager (whoever he may be) and back him for the season.

Need some positivity back to the Boro. I'm just gonna go to the remaining games with an open mind, and get to see the top teams playing and take it all in, before returning to the likes of Sheff Utd et al next year.

Now that we know friend, Fabio are fit again but Chambers is still out -

Gk - Valdes

Rb - Fabio

Cb - Barragan (probably will be Ayala)

Cb - Gibson

Lb - Friend

Rw - Traore

Cm- Clayton

cm - De Roon

Lw - Gaston/downing (most likley to be downing id of thought)

St - Gestede

St - Bamford (probably wont be though, i reckon it will probably be Negredo)

fully fit squad then, what we playing 442, 4231 or 5-3-2???

----------valdes

fabio ayala gibbo friend

------clayton deroon

traore-------------------downing

-------------------negredo

---------bamford

thats what i want on the pitch.

If there was an away game we deserved to win it was at their place, we matched them and Ramirez missed the best chance of the game, they were worried about AT so if he plays further up the field I am sure he will create opportunities.

Surely you must be the first one to ever use that sentence about a Boro match

Is this 2008 again lol

I think Boro games could be entertaining for neutrals if they simply turned it into a drinking game.

Every time we pass back to Valdes have a drink.

Every time we fail to get a shot on target have a drink.

Every time Downing doesn't try to beat his man have a drink.

Every time Traore does try to beat his man (and everyone else's) have a drink.

Every time an attacking move is stalled and we end up going back to the defenders have a drink.

An old favourite would have been every time we aim it long for our lone striker who has nobody within 30 yards of him have a drink.

I'm sure we can all think of lots more.

Do that for a couple of hours and any neutral should be more than happy.

Down your drink when Barragan does a foul throw.

Don't encourage excessive drinking prowler. One sip for every foul throw would be better

For every Forshaw pirouette do a shot

When the commentator mentions that SG and BG are related, do a shot

Every corner that fails to beat the first defender, do a shot

Every cross that has no one in the box, do a shot

When we willingly turn attack into defence, do a shot

I reckon I could be absolutely smashed by half time

This is the problem with football.

Karanka was criticised for rarely changing formation. Sticking to his principles and refusing to budge.

Agnew is criticised for changing too much. Not having a system and making it up as he goes along.

Which is the better option?

Somewhere in the middle?

Changing only when there is a tactical need to AND assuming you have players capable of playing that system.

Karanka's problem was that he refused to change, even though there were glaringly obvious problems.

I suspect Agnew is still looking for a formula that works, trying to find a balance between attack and defence.

Its probably because there aren't any more important games for us this season. ;)