oneBoro Forum

One of the main reasons we're going down is the non scoring midfield, we have workhorses, a midfield busy doing nothing, if you play with one striker you must have players who are good enough and not frightened to get forward into the box to support the striker, De Roon has done it on the odd occasion.

We stick with this midfield in the Championship and I think we'll struggle to get anywhere near the play off places never mind the top, they're simply not good enough you can't score goals playing 20 passes and barely getting over the half way line.

This. You need 2 mids to score 10 ea or your relying on one forward far too much

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I hope we keep leadbitter for a season in the championship. Sure he is not a premier league player but he seems well respected and the kind of experienced club captain you want around for a long season in the championship.

He genuinly seems to care and there are not many of those players around. We could do a lot worse than have him as third or fourth choice for CM.

He'd be a great player to come in 1 in 4 games You remember the amount of games in the championship

I want shot of Leadboots but that's not new news. Wanted him gone for about 4 years.

Just don't see what he offers other than shouting, the odd cross field ball and reckless fouls.

Slow in possession, aforementioned reckless fouls, ***e at set pieces and offers no creativity. Also, because of aforementioned fouls, he's a yellow, or red, waiting to happen.

He's a lower championship/league 1 player at best now and should be shipped off there.

It's funny how we all see it differently. Apart from the free kick, I thought Clayton was excellent last night. I hope we don't sell him, but I'm sure other PL clubs would be happy to take him of our hands.

I honestly thought Clayton was the best player on the pitch.

Let us bear in mind that Leadbitter played through injury during the last few months of last season - which many other players wouldn't do, such as Dani Ayala - so I think he deserves a great deal of credit for that. There were rumours about him causing serious long term damage as a result of it so it could have been a heavy price for him playing through them few months for the good of the team. Any player who puts the club before themselves will receive my credit, but if others want to use him as a scapegoat, yet again, for our huge failings as a team and club this season then that's their prerogative.

In terms of his few performances this season I think it's fairly clear that Leadbitter has struggled. Whether that's down to the step up in class, rustiness from not playing regularly or, more concerningly, lasting damage from his injury, I'm not too sure. I strongly disagree with the post about him being a lower end Championship side/top end of League 1 player at best. Prowler, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that you wanted Nicky Bailey in the side ahead of Leadbitter?. This is the Nicky Bailey who'd regularly leak team news so his commitment to the club isn't in any sense comparable to Leadbitter. Leadbitter is a top end Championship player and seems a key character behind the scenes as our past two managers have appointed him as our captain, so I would be more than happy if he's still here next season in the Championship. While Nicky Bailey is a non-league chicken nugget botherer.

I think a section of our fans - and football fans in general - have this unrealistic expectations of what they want from central midfielders. I think fans of a medium sized club which isn't established in the Premier League like ours need to realise that these box-to-box goalscoring midfielders and creative, classy midfielders that can control a Premier League game aren't within our reach, well, not until we're an established Premier League club. If there were them quality of players out there then, quite frankly, we wouldn't be able to afford them and they'd have far better options than us. When we're in poor form or don't score then there's a call for this elusive midfield dynamo who can seemingly do everything possible in peoples minds. They must have these vivid visions, bordering on wet dreams, about this elusive central midfielder with the engine of Kante, the vision of Pirlo, turning circle of Modric and the ability to arrive late in the box like Lampard. Our strikers, #10's and wingers have all struggled to score this season so I've got no idea how the problem with not scoring enough goals can fall upon our central midfielders.

If you remember back, I criticised Bailey quite a bit. So much so that Vector made up a lie about Bailey wanting to show me he was more than just fat.

I wanted Bailey played in his natural attacking midfield role, purely as we had no one else.

I like neither player.

Leadbitter more so. Didn't want us to sign him, hasn't at all convinced me to change my mind about him. He's slow, limited and reckless. We have 3 better CM's than him at the club and we will keep at least 2 of them next season, possibly all 3, as well as hopefully adding to them. I don't see what he has to offer moving forwards.

And don't say passion, or drive, or any of that bull***.

I want shot of Leadboots but that's not new news. Wanted him gone for about 4 years.

Just don't see what he offers other than shouting, the odd cross field ball and reckless fouls.

Slow in possession, aforementioned reckless fouls, *** at set pieces and offers no creativity. Also, because of aforementioned fouls, he's a yellow, or red, waiting to happen.

He's a lower championship/league 1 player at best now and should be shipped off there.

He certainly proved you wrong.