oneBoro Forum

Season over then. Why the fuss for getting promoted in the first place? Season has been a massive failure, incredibly worse than the 08/09 season which takes some doing.

Why the fuss .because we got promoted that's why.  It's like saying why the fuss when we win a trophy cos next season we don't

Just think he means after 7 seasons in the championship and some very low points during those 7 seasons, we finally get promoted and with promises that we'll "give it a good go" we've done the complete opposite on the pitch and off it. The attacking recruitment has been embarrassing other than Negredo. Give it a go and we sign Bamford, Gestede and Guedioura when we're in dire need of goals? 3 players who don't even start? Why do we have these links all over Europe and ties with Peter Kenyon and Mendes, Victor Orta at the club also and yet we're clearly signing Gary Gill players?

I'll be honest over the past 3 seasons I thought our tactic of whipping crosses into 1 person in the box was due to Aitor but now he's gone, why do we still whip crosses into 1 person in the box?

Depressed.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Changes can't be made over night and while it hurts, we had absolutely no chance staying up after Karanka went without a fresh change and ideas coming in.

This slim chance was made even harder with our poor January. That is where we went down. Failure to bring in quality and rely on 3 subs isn't an improvement.

Bamford will be a success with us, but bloody hell I feel for him.

You could honestly write a saga on the wrong doings this season and where we went wrong. It's frustrating for the fans, because we've been left short changed. All under the presumption of 'give it a go'.

I don't blame the players as such, but you have to question 'some' of their attitude and desire. But then we did dismantle the promotion side and I don't think that's helped our team unity.

I honestly would prefer for us to sort out the mess in the championship. Bring in a new manager with experience, ideas and an adaptable attitude (Wagner).

We should have moved for Rowett or Warburton when we had the chance, and just said forget this season and rebuild for next.

Why do we still play Negredo when he won't be here next season? I'd rather work on Bamford and Gestede and use it as a pre season and just get them used to playing with each other.

Urgh, frustrating after a game yet again. But more fool me for believing we'd make a difference!

I'm not going to come on here and say we should have kept Karanka but honestly...he couldn't have done any worse than Agnew. Perhaps he had a cunning plan. We'll never know.

What I do know, is that once again we decided to replace the manager at a critical time. Big mistake. Very very bad timing.

There is no way that we were ever fit to compete seriously in the Prem. We were at best 'work in progress', and that's putting it mildly. We'd have been very lucky to survive this season. Frankly I would have been happier keeping AK - for all his faults - and hoping that he had learned by his mistakes by the time next season starts.

As it is, I don't see Agnew being appointed manager, and then who else is there?

I'm not going to come on here and say we should have kept Karanka but honestly...he couldn't have done any worse than Agnew. Perhaps he had a cunning plan. We'll never know.

What I do know, is that once again we decided to replace the manager at a critical time. Big mistake. Very very bad timing.

There is no way that we were ever fit to compete seriously in the Prem. We were at best 'work in progress', and that's putting it mildly. We'd have been very lucky to survive this season. Frankly I would have been happier keeping AK - for all his faults - and hoping that he had learned by his mistakes by the time next season starts.

As it is, I don't see Agnew being appointed manager, and then who else is there?

we should have kept Karanka IF the plan was to just appoint his number 2 and continue on with the same old. 

The whole point about sacking Karanka is to try and get some god damn change up in the place.

we should have kept Karanka IF the plan was to just appoint his number 2 and continue on with the same old. 

The whole point about sacking Karanka is to try and get some god damn change up in the place.

Any way you look at it, it would have been too little too late.

At least it's over. We're done now. Start interviewing for the next manager as Agnew ain't the answer. Get shot of Downing and Ramirez to start. Guzan can get ***ed as well.

I agree entirely that if the plan was just to appoint Agnew then we would have been far better off keeping Karanka. Giving Agnew the job was a disastrously poor decision and was so so naive.

If he gets the job permanently in the summer after taking us down then we are well and truly stuffed.

If we appoint Agnew we are going in one direction and that is backwards.

It doesn't make any sense to give him the job, he's had no managerial experience until a few weeks ago and he's done nothing of note in his audition as manager now.

Why would Gibson give him the job over an experienced manager it defies all logic!

Well at least we got to watch something approaching a football match tonight so that was nice I suppose. ***nal weren't much quite honestly but then neither were we. For a period in the second half there was the slight danger that we might accidentally start playing well and win the game but thankfully we snapped out of it.

First half we were too slow and pedestrian on the ball I thought although we sort of started ok. That midfield three is too slow, too slow to attack adequately and too slow to defend adequately against any team with even a little bit of pace or movement. I sincerely hope a few of them leave in the summer and if Guedioura can't get into this side then he can go with them. The goal looked like poor goalkeeping to me but I wasn't sure if he could even see the ball to be fair.

The second half we did improve, the equaliser was surprisingly good play from Downing and a good bit of forward play from Negredo. I say surprisingly good because Downing during the first half did his usual thing of trying to look busy whilst taking no responsibility at all. In the second half he remembered he used to be a decent player for a while although his attempted finish was garbage. I'll say a positive word for Ramirez, he seemed to be making an effort tonight. Might just be self interest on his part of course. It's a shame that Ayala's header wasn't better or likewise Downing's effort. Don't even get me started on Traore's run, beats three or four, get's into the area and then doesn't know what to do? I mean WTF? The scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz has nothing on him. Them scoring the second almost felt inevitable given the way the season has progressed. If nothing else hopefully we're making sure Agnew doesn't get the job full time but considering Gibson himself said we needed to make changes it's really hard to fathom how we then end up with Agnew in the first place and how it all happens when we're all but done anyway. Strange season in almost every aspect.

I wasn't too impressed with Guzan for the free kick, it was obvious Sanchez was going to go to his right. Reminded me of the free kick we conceded from against Oxford in the cup. It didn't even look like it was right in the corner.

Remember guys, this was the same ***nal that Crystal Place beat 3-0 last weak and West Brom beat 3-1 a couple of weeks before that. In fact ***nal had lost their last 4 Premier League away games, so I suppose it was always going to be us who were gonna end that run for them.

Personally I thought it was a good game of football and I was right for the neutral that it was entertaining because the final score at certain points was unknown.

Had this been earlier on in the season I would have said good try and simply accepted the defeat sadly it was played at the wrong time to compound our matters even worse.

Oh if only AT had taken a shot, SD missing a great chance and GF not being more composed we could have nicked this game but life is full of if's and but's.

We are out of our league no doubt