oneBoro Forum
Betamaxman

Boro V Arsenal 1-2

https://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31081&start=45

A fair amount of the ***nal fans on both of their forums are hoping they will lose to get read of their Wenger, i think if we create an heck of atmosphere fully get behind the team their fans wont do the same for their team, 12th man really will hopefully really show in the desire of the players on the pitch. Where as their players might not fancy it at much if we do that.

I think ***nal have long since not really fancied it when teams get 'in to them'. If our players can really get up for it, and be in their faces, then I reckon we could rattle them.

(The thing is though..... we're all getting up for the game now, and thinking we can do something.... and so we'll be all the more disappointed when our players come on the pitch and pass the ball around aimlessly, before rolling over yet again)!!

COME ON BORO.... We can do this !!!

We can do this Boro you just have to show the belief, Get in their faces for 90+ minutes

I hate it, but the optimism is creeping back in.

I don't want the inevitable disappointment, but while we can still control our destinies I can't help but hope the players can give their heads a shake and really show some determination to get some results.

A fair amount of the ***nal fans on both of their forums are hoping they will lose to get read of their Wenger, i think if we create an heck of atmosphere fully get behind the team their fans wont do the same for their team, 12th man really will hopefully really show in the desire of the players on the pitch. Where as their players might not fancy it at much if we do that.

I think ***nal have long since not really fancied it when teams get 'in to them'. If our players can really get up for it, and be in their faces, then I reckon we could rattle them.

(The thing is though..... we're all getting up for the game now, and thinking we can do something.... and so we'll be all the more disappointed when our players come on the pitch and pass the ball around aimlessly, before rolling over yet again)!!

Not a chance, we'll lose 2-0

To have any hope of beating ***nal we have to hope they are still suffering a hangover from the Palace walloping.

If Agnew has done his homework he plays Gestede & Traore, West Brom gave the ***nal defence nightmares in the aerial battles, and Traore's pace left Bellerin for dead at the Emirates, must play them both to give us a chance.

I think we'd be lucky to get nil

Billy... I was GOING to say "you're normally so positive"... but then I realised you still are, you're just positive that we're going to lose!!

Billy... I was GOING to say "you're normally so positive"... but then I realised you still are, you're just positive that we're going to lose!!

I was positive that we would go up last season, since January I've been positive that we will go down this season. So yeah :)

Guest Changing Times

I was positive that we would go up last season, since January I've been positive that we will go down this season. So yeah :)

I just don't understand negative people like you, Billy  :cool:

Guest Changing Times

I believe in Agnes, even if nobody else does!

Yeh I believe you

Guest Changing Times

Yeh I believe you

Thanks rich.

Yeh I believe you

Thanks rich.

You know I always believe in you ct

Guest Changing Times

It's support like yours that keeps me coming on here mate.  

So you can all blame rich.

It's support like yours that keeps me coming on here mate.  

So you can all blame rich.

It's ok. I'm used to it

• Latest Posts

• As our leading scorer I'd be tempted to play Magic Marvin as the lone Striker with Tav behind and Roberts and Watmore on the wings.
    • Platt was my boyhood keeper, couldn't kick a ball straight, unless he kicked it straight into touch, but he was excellent for years, I would rate him on par with Schwarzer and I think the Aussie would have helped to keep us up if he hadn't gotten injured.
    • Given made 16 Boro appearances, Valdes 28 appearances and Randolph 106 appearances in a Boro shirt. Given was a 93 day maximum permitted loan but he kept 10 clean sheets in those 16 games. I'm pretty sure that Valdes will have been signed with the intention of him being around for longer than 28 games. Randolph's 106 games are maybe not what could be classed as a long serving tenure but a little more than a cameo in fairness to him. in contrast however Jim Platt made 481 appearances so I suppose by comparison they were all somewhat transient.
    • The big Auzzie was very good and for a long time.  I notice you have not mentioned Jim Platt who I rated highly also along with Pears.  For some reason I tend to regard Given and Randolph as cameo appearances which is not really fair   but who said life was fair - keep smiling
    • Some interesting replies on crowds returning.  I have a record of 65 + years of attending Boro matches and I'm anxious to keep it up but have one or three health problems so I can take no risks with Covid. transmissions.   I'd love to go but it won't be until I've been vacced etc.  If I can I'd love to go, even if its just the one game to keep up the record of at least one game in every season since 1953/4   keep smiling