oneBoro Forum
Betamaxman

Boro V Arsenal 1-2

https://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31081&start=45

A fair amount of the ***nal fans on both of their forums are hoping they will lose to get read of their Wenger, i think if we create an heck of atmosphere fully get behind the team their fans wont do the same for their team, 12th man really will hopefully really show in the desire of the players on the pitch. Where as their players might not fancy it at much if we do that.

I think ***nal have long since not really fancied it when teams get 'in to them'. If our players can really get up for it, and be in their faces, then I reckon we could rattle them.

(The thing is though..... we're all getting up for the game now, and thinking we can do something.... and so we'll be all the more disappointed when our players come on the pitch and pass the ball around aimlessly, before rolling over yet again)!!

COME ON BORO.... We can do this !!!

We can do this Boro you just have to show the belief, Get in their faces for 90+ minutes

I hate it, but the optimism is creeping back in.

I don't want the inevitable disappointment, but while we can still control our destinies I can't help but hope the players can give their heads a shake and really show some determination to get some results.

A fair amount of the ***nal fans on both of their forums are hoping they will lose to get read of their Wenger, i think if we create an heck of atmosphere fully get behind the team their fans wont do the same for their team, 12th man really will hopefully really show in the desire of the players on the pitch. Where as their players might not fancy it at much if we do that.

I think ***nal have long since not really fancied it when teams get 'in to them'. If our players can really get up for it, and be in their faces, then I reckon we could rattle them.

(The thing is though..... we're all getting up for the game now, and thinking we can do something.... and so we'll be all the more disappointed when our players come on the pitch and pass the ball around aimlessly, before rolling over yet again)!!

Not a chance, we'll lose 2-0

To have any hope of beating ***nal we have to hope they are still suffering a hangover from the Palace walloping.

If Agnew has done his homework he plays Gestede & Traore, West Brom gave the ***nal defence nightmares in the aerial battles, and Traore's pace left Bellerin for dead at the Emirates, must play them both to give us a chance.

I think we'd be lucky to get nil

Billy... I was GOING to say "you're normally so positive"... but then I realised you still are, you're just positive that we're going to lose!!

Billy... I was GOING to say "you're normally so positive"... but then I realised you still are, you're just positive that we're going to lose!!

I was positive that we would go up last season, since January I've been positive that we will go down this season. So yeah :)

Guest Changing Times

I was positive that we would go up last season, since January I've been positive that we will go down this season. So yeah :)

I just don't understand negative people like you, Billy  :cool:

Guest Changing Times

I believe in Agnes, even if nobody else does!

Yeh I believe you

Guest Changing Times

Yeh I believe you

Thanks rich.

Yeh I believe you

Thanks rich.

You know I always believe in you ct

Guest Changing Times

It's support like yours that keeps me coming on here mate.  

So you can all blame rich.

It's support like yours that keeps me coming on here mate.  

So you can all blame rich.

It's ok. I'm used to it

• Latest Posts

• He scored 19 goals in his last season for us, 14 in the League despite only playing three quarters of the games. The man might have missed the odd game but he was absolutely on fire his last season with us when he played. In the end, maybe we did need his wages off the books. But I'm not sure that's the whole story being told. We also clearly needed to shift Downing off the wage books, moreso even as the productivity was not even close to being worth what we were paying and we weren't in the Premier League when it happened. But it doesn't make what he alleges we did any better. If Viduka was handled similarly then that would also be wrong; it's more to do with the willingness to break agreements made over a handshake or even just general treatment of players fans hold a strong connection with than whether we were right to try and keep them on or not. It'd be good if the chairman never got us into these daft financial arrangements to begin with and maybe we wouldn't be making decisions like that. I think people gave him the benefit of the doubt around what eventually happened in 2009 because we were not long since a club operating in European football and tried to get back to that whilst also cutting back. The risks we've taken that have hampered us most in recent years however have taken place whilst we were already in the Championship and showing very little threat of getting out of it at the right end so I'm not sure why anyone would continue to give him the benefit of the doubt other than they hold some kind of grudge against Downing. I know you're specifically talking about Viduka btw NB4 but I can definitely see how, if we were willing to treat Schwarzer and Downing so poorly, it could be applied to just about anyone including Viduka.
    • Btw I loved viduka at times for us, if he was consistently as good as he could be he would have been one of the best strikers in the league because he had everything. I just don't think we did anything wrong with his contract situation.
    • We aren't under any obligation to start contract talks with anyone at a particular time. Viduka was one of the best paid players in our team at a point where we were about to go on a huge cost cutting exercise as a result over over paying for players for years, of which he was certianly one of them. Add to that that he was very poor or injured for us for long periods up until the last 6 months of his contract, I don't think we did anything wrong there.
    • I think my favourite part about that post Uwe is that I knew it was coming. 😄
    • Now Slayer are sadly no more, maybe we could sign Kerry King as a defender. He might not be very mobile at his age, but it'd be a brave opposition striker who tried to get past him...