oneBoro Forum

We need answers from Steve Gibson

'Recruiting' is different to scouting though isn't it?

Identifying a target (scouting) is one thing, getting him to come (recruiting) is another.

That's why I'm not so down with the Gill and orta attacks any more as in reality all they can do is give names of people they want to bausor, after that it's out of their hands.

That's my point they can only identify players they think for the squad. It's up to the hierarchy including Gibson to get them finalised. I think after the names we went for and failed with our scouting team did pretty well.

I think the bigger thing to look at is our spending on agents fees, 2nd bottom only to hull. In my eyes this is the biggest indicator of our struggle to sign the players we wanted

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

'Recruiting' is different to scouting though isn't it?

Identifying a target (scouting) is one thing, getting him to come (recruiting) is another.

That's why I'm not so down with the Gill and orta attacks any more as in reality all they can do is give names of people they want to bausor, after that it's out of their hands.

Exactly Right

I don't think that comment necessarily means that we are looking at someone external to come in, he could have been referring to Karanka.

If he is referring to a new manager, I don't think it will be one that is involved with the playoffs because we don't know which one is going up yet.

I personally think if it is an external manager coming in, i think it will be someone like Monk (somebody who is contracted to another club but not in the playoffs)

I don't think that comment necessarily means that we are looking at someone external to come in, he could have been referring to Karanka.

If he is referring to a new manager, I don't think it will be one that is involved with the playoffs because we don't know which one is going up yet.

I personally think if it is an external manager coming in, i think it will be someone like Monk (somebody who is contracted to another club but not in the playoffs)

I've got a funny feeling it could be Marco Silva. Expect Hull to go down today so don't see Hull keeping hold of Silva. I did say before I reckon he'll get Prem offers but with Gibson's comments yesterday that there will be money to spend and he wants to smash the league it could be enough to tempt him. I think Marco Silva would ace the Championship.

It's not Marco Silva.

Just guesswork or do you know for a fact?

Well I suppose you could classify it as guesswork but it's as good as fact that he won't be managing in the championship next season.

Thiago Cruz has left the club as head of academy recruitment. He says that it was his decision but baring in mind the timing of us looking to improve all areas of the club he may be another one being moved out of the club by Steve Gibson.

Thiago Cruz has left the club as head of academy recruitment. He says that it was his decision but baring in mind the timing of us looking to improve all areas of the club he may be another one being moved out of the club by Steve Gibson.

Hasn't he already brought several youth players to the club? Looks like a major overhaul from Steve Gibson this. Just a few more to go. ;)

Anyone foreign is getting the boot. To quote the worlds biggest douchebag Donald Trump "we're taking our country back". Lets build a great big friggin wall around Teesside.

My comment was very tongue in cheek, although Thiago Cruz did seem to be doing a decent job looking in from the outside.