oneBoro Forum

Gibson Selling

Not opposed to Gibson selling, not opposed to foreign owners. If he's taken us as far as he can go, where else are we gonna get an owner from?

Also, would cream over Jurgen.

The American public wanted him out for ages

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not opposed to Gibson selling, not opposed to foreign owners. If he's taken us as far as he can go, where else are we gonna get an owner from?

He laid the foundations for what Germany is now. Not his fault the American's are *** at football :P

He laid the foundations for what Germany is now. Not his fault the American's are *** at football :P

Good point. Not sure how much Is down to him and how much to the Germans just being good

The club loses money on a weekly basis.

Why would someone without any link to the club want to buy a club that loses large sums of money year on year?

Your not saying Man City Fans are life long fans are you

Fixed it for you ;)

Some right thickos on here Uwe... thanks all the same.

I'm a little shocked at the response to the thought of new owners. You don't know what you've got until it's gone...

I know this all rumours but do you all think this selling of boro is actually going to happen. I want it and don't want it. Gibson has been solid/safe/stable but all of that becomes boring after a while and the last 9 years have been stale with a few little highlights. As someone said the grass isn't always greener but it could also be a forest and the Greenest thing you have ever seen. Lol..

I'm a little shocked at the response to the thought of new owners. You don't know what you've got until it's gone...

They paved paradise

Put up a parking lot

ass or tits?

ass or tits?

Will probably have enough for both.

They paved paradise

Put up a parking lot

You're just the treat that keeps on giving  :D :D :D

All I am saying is it might cost one million a month to prop up the Boro. But in real terms he isn't losing 12 million a year overall.

Perhaps he he has already claimed back some of the debt Boro owes to Gibson o Neill as a result of this season in the Premier League?

Listen we all know Gibbo loves the Boro. But he is also a businessman and a good one at that.

There's no way that overall from his time as Boro chairman, he is going to come out of the club at a loss when he eventually does sell.

I would love to see what we could do under Gibbo under good management and a big championship budget.

I think this has been one of the worst seasons I can remember in all my years supporting Boro, yes we have had far worse teams, small crowds, poor managers etc but the expectation of this season for me was that we would 'give it a go' and try and maintain PL status but the manner of the defeats, the boring style of play, lack of team spirit etc has really knocked the stuffing out of me.

Our transfer policy or lack of it beggers belief, why did we actually even consider buying certain players who struggle to even get into our squad? I just don't understand it to be honest.

So because of all the above, maybe this is the time for change, something has gone horribly wrong within the club, so me Gibbo isd a legend and always will be but times change, football has changed out of all proportion so just maybe a new onwer/s could be the boost that's required.

Torn really but I can't get over the complete hash we have made this season, the Echo summed it up well by saying 7 years of hard work wasted in 7 months, what a complete waste of the passion and delight we experienced against Brighton last May, it was always going to be tough but to end like this is heartbreaking...........

I think this has been one of the worst seasons I can remember in all my years supporting Boro, yes we have had far worse teams, small crowds, poor managers etc but the expectation of this season for me was that we would 'give it a go' and try and maintain PL status but the manner of the defeats, the boring style of play, lack of team spirit etc has really knocked the stuffing out of me.

Our transfer policy or lack of it beggers belief, why did we actually even consider buying certain players who struggle to even get into our squad? I just don't understand it to be honest.

So because of all the above, maybe this is the time for change, something has gone horribly wrong within the club, so me Gibbo isd a legend and always will be but times change, football has changed out of all proportion so just maybe a new onwer/s could be the boost that's required.

Torn really but I can't get over the complete hash we have made this season, the Echo summed it up well by saying 7 years of hard work wasted in 7 months, what a complete waste of the passion and delight we experienced against Brighton last May, it was always going to be tough but to end like this is heartbreaking...........

Agree, I'm actually not that bothered by relegation it's part and parcel of the game and with a good summer under our belts there's no reason why we can't bounce back at the first attempt. But the manner in which we are going down on and off the pitch has been nothing short of embarrassing. It's kicked the stuffing out of a lot fans and has completely wiped out the good feeling surrounding the club that had been present under AK up until this season. It's going to take a lot of hard work to get that spirit back.

I know this all rumours but do you all think this selling of boro is actually going to happen.  I want it and don't want it.  Gibson has been solid/safe/stable but all of that becomes boring after a while and the last 9 years have been stale with a few little highlights.  As someone said the grass isn't always greener but it could also be a forest and the Greenest thing you have ever seen.  Lol..

I think Gibson will sell. Not neccessarily this summer, but in the next few years. I don't know any of this, it's just me joining a few dots, but I don't think there is anyone he would hand the reigns over to (a family member etc), so selling would be the way to go. On top of that, the club will be at it's most valuable in it's history (apart from 6 months ago). Who kniws, he himself may even feel as though he's taken us as far as he can, even if most of us would like him to be around forever.

As a neutral, Gibson seems a real good Chairman, and he should stay. I haven't read the previous pages on this thread, so sorry if my knowledge is rubbish.

Does he think that he can't take Boro to the next financial level, and therefore reluctantly handing over the reigns?

It's a sad world (in football terms) when club ownership goes from local to overseas.

Hope whatever happens is in the best interest of Boro.