oneBoro Forum

Boro v Manchester City 2-2

*Sorry this seems rushed I'm still having issues with my laptop so I've had to type it up on my phone, will make it look more presentable when I can get on my computer later and edit it.

Boro V Man City

Sunday, April 30th, 2.05pm, Riverside Stadium.

THE FORM:

We finally won a game! Admittedly, it was a sh*tshow of a game v the only team below us in the league, but we were just that little bit less poor than they were and nabbed the win thanks to a De Roon goal.

City come into this game on the back of a 0-0 draw to a Man United team riddled by injuries, and before that they suffered a 2-1 loss against ***nal AET in the Semi Final of the FA Cup. Their form has been rather indifferent since they beat us in the Quarters, winning two, drawing three and losing three.

THE OPPOSITION

City are currently sitting 4th in the Premier League in Pep Guardiola's first season in charge. Who knows how high they'd be with a decent keeper between the sticks?

Speaking of Bravo, he actually sits out this game after picking up a knock in the Manchester Derby that may rule him out all season. Gabriel Jesus is apparently getting close to a return but this match may come a bit too soon for him, and David Silva is expected to be fit.

City boast a wealth of attacking options which will probably see Karanka's ex No.2 employ the same 433 formation that got us a draw at the Etihad earlier in the season. Seems crude thinking to pick out an individual in an attack that contains KdB, Aguero, Sterling, etc but Leroy Sane has really grown into the Premier League and will have to be stopped if we're to get anything from this game.

THE LINE UP

As I said I think Aggers will go 433 so I'll give a prediction this time..

Guzan

Fabio

Chambers

Gibson

Friend

De Roon

Clayton

Forshaw

Traore

Downing

Negredo

CHUCKLEVISION

Will add this once I get on the laptop.

VIEW FROM THE OTHERSIDE

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/middlesbrough-a-pre-match-thread.328108/

They're looking fairly confident, if that poll is anything to go by...

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Agnew will definitely play 3 defensive holding midfielders tomorrow, more or less confirmed it by stating he wanted a disciplined side against man city.

Guzan

Fabio

Chambers

Gibson

Friend

De roon

Clayton

Forshaw

Downing

Bamford

Negredo

Think we might nick a draw here. It won't be enough, of course, but mostly I'm hoping for a confident display, and for us at least to try and hold our heads high for what's left of the season.

Think City who are chasing a top 4 spot will tear us a new one. We were shocking on Wednesday and a better side would have slaughtered us. It could get embarrassing.

Watched city run rings around united. City are quick, organized and aggressive and I fear a whooping. Although I have £30 on a draw I have already coughed up the bet just to get the wife out the house. She thinks I'm mad but little does she know, I know I am. Score if city ease off us 5-0. I will go for the first in 8 mins.

Unfortunately I think we'll get the backlash from City's cup defeat and frustrating draw with United. Guardiola knows a top 4 finish is a must, so a masterclass in attacking football from City 4-0 defeat for us, just don't think we're anywhere near good enough to stop them.

Spoilers - we aren't going to win

Stop talking like a crazy person!  :P

All joking aside, this will probably serve as a practice match for City. :(

The only real question is how many they're going to win by. I predict a comfortable 3-0 victory.

On a completely different subject, does anyone fancy starting a GoFundMe page so Gravz can get himself a decent laptop?

Just love Gibson statement ' BORO believe in the survival bid' so I am changing my prediction. From 0-5 to 0 - 6 or more.... any expection was kicked out of me late 2016 so I'm not being disrespectful just realistic

Just love Gibson statement ' BORO believe in the survival bid' so I am changing my prediction. From 0-5 to 0 - 6 or more.... any expection was kicked out of me late 2016 so I'm not being disrespectful just realistic

What do you expect him to say? "We're done and I don't believe in the players. They haven't got a chance and I have considered us a championship side for a long time".

What do you expect him to say? "We're done and I don't believe in the players. They haven't got a chance and I have considered us a championship side for a long time".

I don't but every time we make a statement we loose the plot. Just the way things have worked out for us I guess, but you are absolutely correct in what you say.

Hull are gonna win this, Southampton are god awful dont know why they are that high in the table.

Southampton are a good team they are just already on their jollies like most mid table clubs at this stage of the season.

Hull are gonna win this, Southampton are god awful dont know why they are that high in the table.

Southampton are a good team they are just already on their jollies like most mid table clubs at this stage of the season.

I thought that but remember us playing them at their place, they were awful then as well.