oneBoro Forum

Boro v Manchester City 2-2

Seeing that decision back on MOTD makes me sick. Even the Rashford one is shocking,  we definitely need some kind of video technology in football

Agree whole heartedly Bacon Sane is a cheat and Kevin Friend (ref) should have picked that up But Boro performed Well enough to have won the game,And we should have been playing against 10 men after that attack on Adam Clayton

Agree with this. That was a blatant elbow in the face, if ever I saw one.  :@

That, combined with Sane's dive across De Roon makes me think video referrals / refereeing can't come soon enough.

Let's not forget that Forshaw was lucky to stay on the pitch though, madness from him to charge through someone's back when on a yellow.

Even if our players get sent off I still support it. Anything to stop this horrible trend of diving and terrible decision making.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sorry this seems rushed I'm still having issues with my laptop so I've had to type it up on my phone, will make it look more presentable when I can get on my computer later and edit it.

Boro V Man City

Sunday, April 30th, 2.05pm, Riverside Stadium.

THE FORM:

We finally won a game! Admittedly, it was a sh*tshow of a game v the only team below us in the league, but we were just that little bit less poor than they were and nabbed the win thanks to a De Roon goal.

City come into this game on the back of a 0-0 draw to a Man United team riddled by injuries, and before that they suffered a 2-1 loss against ***nal AET in the Semi Final of the FA Cup. Their form has been rather indifferent since they beat us in the Quarters, winning two, drawing three and losing three.

THE OPPOSITION

City are currently sitting 4th in the Premier League in Pep Guardiola's first season in charge. Who knows how high they'd be with a decent keeper between the sticks?

Speaking of Bravo, he actually sits out this game after picking up a knock in the Manchester Derby that may rule him out all season. Gabriel Jesus is apparently getting close to a return but this match may come a bit too soon for him, and David Silva is expected to be fit.

City boast a wealth of attacking options which will probably see Karanka's ex No.2 employ the same 433 formation that got us a draw at the Etihad earlier in the season. Seems crude thinking to pick out an individual in an attack that contains KdB, Aguero, Sterling, etc but Leroy Sane has really grown into the Premier League and will have to be stopped if we're to get anything from this game.

THE LINE UP

As I said I think Aggers will go 433 so I'll give a prediction this time..

Guzan

Fabio

Chambers

Gibson

Friend

De Roon

Clayton

Forshaw

Traore

Downing

Negredo

CHUCKLEVISION

Will add this once I get on the laptop.

VIEW FROM THE OTHERSIDE

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/middlesbrough-a-pre-match-thread.328108/

They're looking fairly confident, if that poll is anything to go by...

Many Thanks to Thomas for the link, Worked well

Graham Poll on Talksport says it's was just a poor refereeing decision and the ref should have done better.

Graham Poll on Talksport says it's was just a poor refereeing decision and the ref should have done better.

I think he guessed to be honest. He couldn't really see it from the replays on MOTD. Not good enough when there's more than £100m riding on some of these decisions.

I can appreciate the comments after viewing the penalty on MOTD and it's sickening when so much was riding on the outcome. It would have given us a boost but I'm a realist to know even with the win our future was still beyond fragile. I'm pleased we did well but disappointed thinking the team that's struggled all season could have and should have had us in lower mid table. If only .......

The GBH on Clayton appears to have quickly been forgotten.

1 offside goal.

1 incorrect penalty

1 missed sending off

V

Forshaw avoiding a second yellow?

It's an absolute fecking disgrace. Still raging about the media pûssy footing around calling him a cheater.

When I watched it on MOTD I did think Gabriel Jesus' header looked a bit suspect, didn't do an in line shot so I can't be certain but he was definitely very close to being offside.

The GBH on Clayton appears to have quickly been forgotten.

1 offside goal.

1 incorrect penalty

1 missed sending off

V

Forshaw avoiding a second yellow?

It's an absolute fecking disgrace. Still raging about the media pûssy footing around calling him a cheater.

Even Agnew was more reserved than I'd want him to be, as was paul clement. Say they're a cheat, use those exact words, not 'clever' or 'intelligent play' or 'made the ref make a decision'. It's cheating, perhaps if people more actively involved in the game than journalists started calling it what it is then it might stop it a bit. I saw someone on twitter saying that they were disappointed our players appealed to the ref rather than all hounding Sane for what was blatant cheating, I'd agree with that to an extent. The ref couldn't see it fully and seemingly guessed to get to his decision, once he's made it we won't change his mind, so embarrass the player who did it instead.

I feel like the penalty has overshadowed this -

Because that is a disgrace. Ref is looking right at it as well. Clayton didn't go down like he'd been shot in the head, so apparently that means its a minor incident not worthy of a yellow? Fuming.

Yeah that elbow looks worse every time I see it. How the ref didn't see it is beyond me. Fernandinho had one thing on his mind and that was to catch Clayton with the elbow. Disgraceful. Oh well guess we'll have to get used to *** refereeing next season.