oneBoro Forum

Boro v Manchester City 2-2

Thats what rubs salt in the wounds for me. Honest players who don't make a big deal of things get ignored, while the cheats who go down holding their faces when they get a tap on the shin, or "manufacture" penalties will get the benefit of the doubt most of the time (unless its an absolutely shameless and blatant attempt to con the ref).

So yeah, bring in video refs ASAP.

Also, although it wouldn't really make any difference, I'd like it if they just stopped the clock for incidents, like they do in rugby, instead of adding time on. Maybe its just my OCD coming out, but I just think its a neater system.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Im for the first time in ages looking forward to the next game hope we can pull off a great win would start to make up for the rest of the disappointment this season.

When I watched it on MOTD I did think Gabriel Jesus' header looked a bit suspect, didn't do an in line shot so I can't be certain but he was definitely very close to being offside.

JPym7Ua.jpg

The only camera angle that I can find of it so far, it LOOKS like Friend may be playing him onside, but it is seriously close. 

The worse thing about that goal, personally, is the fact the free kick we gave that lead to it wasn't even a free kick.

I think the worst thing is that we momentarily switched off tbh. Didn't mark properly in the area and didn't close Aguero down quickly enough. I'm annoyed at the penalty being awarded as there's nothing we can do about it but that goal there could have been avoided regardless of the referee.

Unless we plan on playing two forwards in the championship. Fischer is best suited for that second forward role and I think him and Bamford could be lethal partnership in the championship although it might be a bit lightweight, but if we plan on adding pace to the team I don't think we need a targetman up front but rather two good finishers.

I wouldn't be surprised if we loaned Fischer to a Dutch club, because I can't see anyone buying him.

Stop forcing danish players on us!!! ;)

NEVER! I won't be happy until the Lord is leading our attack.

Do you know what Mikkel Beck is doing these days?  :D

He is an agent. Actually a pretty decent one with some handy players; Digne, Simon Kjær, Corchia, Rony Lopes, Maxime Lestienne. The rest is dross or young talents.

He was actually charged with fraud or swindle of some kind if I remember correctly. I know his Agent License was withdrawn for a year or so. Dodgy on and off the pitch eh! Legend.

I think the worst thing is that we momentarily switched off tbh. Didn't mark properly in the area and didn't close Aguero down quickly enough. I'm annoyed at the penalty being awarded as there's nothing we can do about it but that goal there could have been avoided regardless of the referee.

I'd agree with this. Everyone was caught on the hop, even Guzan was completely flat footed. I don't think it was a freekick but we still should've stopped that goal.