oneBoro Forum

Boro+HD to be closed this summer

I dont get why its not UK and Ireland...  parts of Ireland will be as far away as parts of France and isnt part of the uk, why is it an exception?

Licensing restrictions? Doesn't Ireland get Sky and BT Sports the same as the UK?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get why its not UK and Ireland...  parts of Ireland will be as far away as parts of France and isnt part of the uk, why is it an exception?

Licensing restrictions? Doesn't Ireland get Sky and BT Sports the same as the UK?

I don't believe so.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not that sure. When we had out old dodgy cardsharing box, we got all the Sky Sports channels in SD. But they always had Irish adverts. So maybe I'm wrong.

Found out yesterday that I'm posted to the Czech Republic in November for 2 years so haven't got a clue what I'm gonna do reference watching the Boro :s

Will need advice from our foreign/expat family

Hello

Let me know if you need any advice, send me a private message as I live in Czech/Prague.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/sites/default/files/document/2017-07/MSF%20Minutes%20Meeting%206.pdf

Live Match Audio and Video Streaming. Mark Ellis detailed how MFC have been in discussion with the EFL regarding the live streaming of match audio commentary in the 2017/18 season. Although MFC have a preferred goal of providing this service free of charge, the EFL regulations covering live broadcasting require that the service is behind a pay wall with a minimum subscription charge of £45 per season for audio commentary. Mark also provided details of how on the 21st June the EFL announced the launch of iFollow, a digital streaming platform providing live video only coverage of many EFL matches. Middlesbrough Football Club have reviewed the product and have some reservations about the economic viability of the service for MFC supporters. The basic facts about the service are,

• It is only available to fans based overseas – outside the UK and Ireland. • It is a subscription based product with a minimum cost of £110 per season • Although coverage could be up to 46 games per season, any games that are selected for live TV coverage will not be available; there is no guarantee of the minimum number of games that will be available. • Although the streaming will be in HD quality, it will be from a single camera at most venues. • The basic package does not include commentary.

MFC will have to pay a significant fee to the EFL to provide the service for overseas fans. At the moment, the Club’s view is that insufficient subscriptions would be obtained to cover this fee.

Yes - you don't have to use the iFollow service to provide a streaming service to your non Uk/Ireland based supporters.

That is just a list of clubs who turned down iFollow - several are looking at alternative options.

There is a substantial fee to provide it though - this is the main stumbling block

Yes - you don't have to use the iFollow service to provide a streaming service to your non Uk/Ireland based supporters.

That is just a list of clubs who turned down iFollow - several are looking at alternative options.

There is a substantial fee to provide it though - this is the main stumbling block

It would have suited me living abroad just hope Boro come up with an alternative

So basically any games that are selected for Sky or BT Sports won't be available, and the club feel they can't get enough subscribers to cover the cost as well as guarantee enough live coverage for subscribers too.

Sounds fair enough to me, if the club feel the service would be sub-standard then who are we to argue? Besides, most people have access to Kodi these days anyway.

Those minutes are from a couple of weeks ago, I believe I already mentioned them in here. There has been a more official update from the club since as they are also having trouble providing free audio commentary through the site as planned. Still haven't heard anything about that since they said it would likely no longer be free as planned. Cutting it fine with the season starting in a week and a half.

Leeds and wolves both offer live streaming at 5 pounds per match as a kind of pay per view. 5 pounds is the minimum they can charge according to the EFL. They have both opted out of the iFollow. I can't imagine wolves getting more non U.K. payers than boro would. It's definately possible to implement. Wolves website also look a lot like ours so could be the same design.

So basically any games that are selected for Sky or BT Sports won't be available, and the club feel they can't get enough subscribers to cover the cost as well as guarantee enough live coverage for subscribers too.

Sounds fair enough to me, if the club feel the service would be sub-standard then who are we to argue? Besides, most people have access to Kodi these days anyway.

I'd be surprised if sportsmania ended up putting championship matches on.

Plenty of none subscription based addons available.

Plenty of none subscription based addons available.

That I also doubt will put on championship matches

Really don't think there'll be many if any illegal streams for some reason.

May I ask, the scenario of having a betting account and having an investment on the match it then offers a live stream.......is that a viable way of viewing also how do the firms offer live streams of the game?