oneBoro Forum

Boro+HD to be closed this summer

Well they do of course have 6 weeks to get it done but considering they have already spoken about phase two which contains commentary, pictures and highlights I can't imagine they will suddenly throw in live streaming. Here's to hoping though.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason the new website doesn't offer live match streams isn't because it's outdated and can't do it. It's because the club don't want to show them.

It's fine... nothing more, nothing less. An improvement on the old one for sure though.

Don't quite understand why Football Club websites seem to always be so packed and overly busy? So many ads and strange links on every page... could easily be simplified.

What an awful website, you cant even get all the fixtures on one page, now you can only view one month at a time. On the old site you used to be able to get all the fixtures on one page and scroll up and down, it used to flow nicely from one month to the next so it was much easier to work things out. It doesn't even tell you what day the match is on now, so you have to work out if it's a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday or Friday etc. Also you have to work out if its home or away, whereas before its alway had an A or H all in a nice row so you didn't even have to think about it.

These might not seem like big issues to most. but add them all up and it is a lot less user friendly.

Massive step backwards if you ask me. I shall be using a different site now for results and fixtures.

Well they do of course have 6 weeks to get it done but considering they have already spoken about phase two which contains commentary, pictures and highlights I can't imagine they will suddenly throw in live streaming. Here's to hoping though.

Well as we know it's not going to be iFollow if it is anything and anything else involves a pretty much ground up approach. That sort of thing being built, QA tested, UA tested, bugs fixed and finally launched... 6 weeks is just not enough time for it in my opinion. Never mind all the legal mumbo jumbo.

It's fine... nothing more, nothing less. An improvement on the old one for sure though.

Don't quite understand why Football Club websites seem to always be so packed and overly busy? So many ads and strange links on every page... could easily be simplified.

I was thinking that but aren't most the ads sponsorship ads? The club will surely be contractually obliged to implement those and they won't always suit the site they're put on. The sponsorships will, I imagine, have a fair amount of control over how they're implemented without affecting too much of the general user experience of the site.

Aye, Wilson. Looking at it again most the ads are for Ramsdens and Adidas.

The top of the page on mobile looks good. Currently the big pic of Wing signing and the graphic for our next fixture. Latest News stuff is okay. Kit bit... fine. Links to other pages, meh. The home page should end after the Ramsdens/Adidas/MyBoro ads though. Seems we've tried to cram most of the site and links within it onto a single page, which means scrolling for what seems like too long a time. The Menu button would've sufficed... The club shop doesn't even seem to be in the menu section?

*Just found the shop. Button at the top. Strange layout...

Aye, Wilson. Looking at it again most the ads are for Ramsdens and Adidas.

The top of the page on mobile looks good. Currently the big pic of Wing signing and the graphic for our next fixture. Latest News stuff is okay. Kit bit... fine. Links to other pages, meh. The home page should end after the Ramsdens/Adidas/MyBoro ads though. Seems we've tried to cram most of the site and links within it onto a single page, which means scrolling for what seems like too long a time. The Menu button would've sufficed... The club shop doesn't even seem to be in the menu section?

*Just found the shop. Button at the top. Strange layout...

These one page websites seem to be the way web designers are going at the moment, most companies who have recently revamped their websites have similar.

Bare in mind the Shop is an external website. Same as the ticketing site is. It makes sense that it's not part of the general navigation of the site as it's not actually part of the site. Though for some reason, the Buy Tickets one is navigating to the Tickets page of the Boro site before linking through to the eTicketing site in one of the sub-pages. I think that's a bit daft when they already have a link in the main navigation for the Tickets section and people will want to use that button to get straight to the eTicketing site.

I worked on the Arup (engineering company) website in the past who also do this. They have 4 sites sectioned off into their own navigation section at the top, away from the main navigation of the site.

It's a step in the right direction in my opinion - a little cluttered and lacking structure but a lot more pleasing on the eyes and personalised than the ***e football league template we were using.

And it could always be worse, we could have Man U's trash website that looks like it was made in 2003ish.

Looks great to me.

I'd hate to see what a website designed by you would look like if this is great.

I don't design them, I use them. To me, a user, it's great especially compared to previous.

Looks great to me.

I'd hate to see what a website designed by you would look like if this is great.

I don't design them, I use them. To me, a user, it's great especially compared to previous.

Go on then, I'll bite. What for you, as a user, is great about it OTHER than the fact it's not the old one?

It's messy, it's cluttered, it's not particularly easy to navigate and it's too busy so I'd love to hear what is so "great" about it.