oneBoro Forum

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think we'll give them a decent game (in that we'll hold them off for 65 minutes), but they have much more quality and incentive.

1-0 Chelsea.

You can use this Boro Badger if you think it's worth anything:

Ahh Chelsea. Kings of the Kings road. Good old cockney swagger and then some. They're Peter Osgood, they're John Hollins, they're Charlie Cooke and Dave Webb, they're Alan Hudson and Ron Chopper Harris, they're Gianfranco Zola and Roberto Di Matteo, Frank Lampard and John Terry, they're Gianluca Vialli and Marcel Desailly, Didier Drogba and Michael Ballack. They're foreign sophistication mixed with the best of British. They're London in the swinging 60's and high powered London in the new millennium.

However, unfortunately for Chelsea fans, the Chelsea fans that have the faintest idea about their football club that is, they are also something else. Because you see Chelsea are also John Bumstead, they're also Micky Droy, they're Colin Pates, they're David Lee and Dave Beasant, they're even former Boro 'star' Darren Wood. They're Frank Sinclair, they're very very Frank Sinclair and there are lots of us who know it.

Chelsea have spent quite a lot of their time being almost as *** as we have been. To be fair it is only almost as they had won a few things before Harding and then Abramovich showed up to bankroll them. But not that much really, not in the great scheme of things and as much as I'm sure they'll be enjoying their recent success, it must gnaw away a little that they are simply not in the same league as football clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool, even Spurs and ***nal really. Mind you, how many of their fans would even have heard of some of those players I mentioned anyway?

Thinking about Chelsea and Boro leads to memories of Wembley heartaches, a play off triumph and knocking Jose Mourinho down to size a couple of times. More recently it also brings memories of getting humped 5-0 at home the last time we were relegated and realising how much trouble we were in that season.

There's a fair chance we'll be relegated on Monday night there's no getting away from that fact. It would be a reasonable shout to think that Hull will turn over Sunderland and we will be on the end of a beating at Stamford Bridge. I don't think the theatre for the final act of our Premier League play matters a great deal but it would be nice if we could somehow upset the odds and get some kind of result there with Sunderland doing us a favour as well.

I'm guessing we'll go with the same line up as started against Man City, injuries permitting. I'd love to see a similar level of performance but Chelsea are a different prospect to Man City in fairness. I'm not going to predict a score because I can't see much past 3-0/4-0 especially if they get ahead early but even a defeat with a performance of some spirit and purpose will be welcomed by me.

Expecting us to get absolutely hammered!

I'm unfortunately going for a Chelsea 4-0 win.

The occasion will be too big for our players, and we won't want it as much as them.

Hazard will tear us apart!

Some injury news what I posted in another thread

Valdes still struggling with rib injury

Ayala will be assessed tomorrow

Leadbitter & Guedioura back in training

Ramirez has a 'pelvic problem'

Bamford has a groin or potential hernia problem

Some injury news what I posted in another thread

Valdes still struggling with rib injury

Ayala will be assessed tomorrow

Leadbitter & Guedioura back in training

Ramirez has a 'pelvic problem'- there is no spine attached????

Bamford has a groin or potential hernia problem

ramirez makes you laugh. we all know hes not bothered so hes being left out.

Know it is late in the day but my lad was going to the game on Monday, he managed to get a ticket easily despite only 1500 allocated but he can no longer go so anyone wanting to go and lives in the south please get in touch so that hopefully you can purchase the ticket from daniel

Know it is late in the day but my lad was going to the game on Monday, he managed to get a ticket easily despite only 1500 allocated but he can no longer go so anyone wanting to go and lives in the south please get in touch so that hopefully you can purchase the ticket from daniel

I'm sure Ham Chop was looking Al

Chelsea will dominate this game, they'll go for the kill early on comfortable 3-0, won't be surprised if we don't manage a shot on target.

Alot of people said that when we played City...

Give them a chance instead of been negative, i know we have had a horrid season but these guys for the first time since January look like they are fighting for each other and willing to give it a go which is important. I think we will lose, but im not as sure as 2 weeks ago and i dont think we will make it easy for Chelsea.

I think we'll give it a go at the start...might even manage to keep it goalless or 0-1 at half time, but Chelsea will coast the second half and end up winning comfortably. Prediction: 3-0 to this season's title winners.

Chelsea have occasionally slipped up, but Monday won't be one of those days, I think.

A sympathetic pat on the back to Badger...I think a lot of us would have struggled, given our impending fate. Wonder if CT has ever considered a career in sports journalism? :D

Chelsea will dominate this game, they'll go for the kill early on comfortable 3-0, won't be surprised if we don't manage a shot on target.

Alot of people said that when we played City...

Give them a chance instead of been negative, i know we have had a horrid season but these guys for the first time since January look like they are fighting for each other and willing to give it a go which is important. I think we will lose, but im not as sure as 2 weeks ago and i dont think we will make it easy for Chelsea.

Its not being negative its being honest, the leaders, champions in waiting and top scorers in the division against the 2nd worst side and joint lowest goal scorers, its realism. Chelsea have made Stamford Bridge a fortress and I don't think we have any chance of breaching it.

We played well against City but one swallow doesn't make a summer and we beat Sunderland in an awful game between 2 poor sides.