oneBoro Forum

Sat in the away end tonight. Have to say I'm so proud in our fans. It was brilliant to be a part of.

As for the team; it was pathetic. Zero creativity has cost us. We have an excellent Championship core, even without the few players who will move on to better things. But if we don't address our attack/strategy/management, then we'll be mid-table at best next year.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Gone down and i feel flat, what a torrid season be nice now that everyone that isnt here next season including Gibson (although he should have a final fair well game at Liverpool for the fans to thank him), should be dropped and we should be playing a team like this -

gk Dimi

Lb Friend

cb - Fry

cb - Benardo

Rb - Husband

Lw - Downing

Cm - Leadbitter

Cm -  Foreshaw

Rw - Fischer

St - Gestede

St - Bamford

Why would we play Husband at right back?

That was a mistake for some reason thought he was a right back lol, if barragan or fabio is not staying i cant actually think of a person to put a right back.

Just got back myself I was in the home end just because I called a favour last minute to get a ticket to witness the historic 'moment' itself. We've been through worse but the point of going through the other relegations was supposed to teach us lessons but we've took down an unbalanced squad with a novice manager appointed in mid March as self destructing policies go I'm not sure we had any left to enact. I can't particularly see the gameplan in building the current squad besides someone saying to themselves we signed 2013 Negredo from Seville and he'll fire us through and Adama Traore/Fischer will turn into worldbeaters by midseason. Oh and let's pretend Downing isn't the age he is and his gamestyle will 'suit' the Prem whatever that means. Our fans were a credit as they always are especially away from home and they'll no doubt continue for the 23 away games next season.

No one will abandon the club over relegation but for sure that doesn't mean unconditional support should extend to Gibson or anyone involved as we head into the summer. The feeling of seeing us rise back over the past 7 years was strong and it bound up a lot of emotion that feeling won't be there for me next season for one I thought foolishly 'this time would be different' and we'd learned our lessons from before but the whole charade of Agnew and the way it's been handled has damaged my confidence in all involved we are behaving like any other club behaves from Aston Villa to Norwich and that's the biggest shame of it all. We didn't fall on our sword we felt a slight pain in our chest in March and with both hands thrust the sword through our own chest.

Do I trust the current appointed manager/Chairman/executive to rebuild our policy, squad and club to launch a challenge for promotion within 2 years? Nope. The appointment in June will be one of the most important appointments in the clubs history Pearson standard for me is the minimum in terms of a managers proven ability and the fact he's built up a backroom at Leicester that survived long after he was gone.

Another performance of no drive and determination, compared with others we are a very slow and boring team, if changes are not made I feel we will take even longer than 7 years to get back, what a disastrous season this has been

Just trying to put teams off from buying him.  It might work.

As much as asking traore to defend might work ?

I honestly think me posting on here to put teams off buying Gibson has more chance of succeeding.

Its rather sad really.

Traore has the potential to be a great player. Someone just has to tell him he can't dribble his way through entire teams and someone has to coach him to cross / pass properly.

Oh and NEVER on any account ask him to play wing back (or any other kind of defensive role).

You have to admire his effort and enthusiasm, even if his end product leaves a lot to be desired.

Traore stands around for most of the game, I don't see him putting in any effort, or showing much enthusiasm. When he starts a game, it's like playing with ten men.

Haha, that was my initial thought too. Well said. He is completely useless 99% of the time and that might be OK in a world class team but in a team like ours we can't afford a passenger like him. And in the remaining 1% he doesn't even offer goals or assists.

agree also.  Traore hasnt got the inclination,intelligance or the ability to be involved in any position that requires either tracking opposition runners or covering defensively.

the only way that any side may accomodate him is as a forward or playing directly behind a forward and thats going to take even more adaptation on his side. 

i dont think hes worth the time and effort tbh. Too many downsides to his ONE very good asset,albeit with no real end product as yet. our worst performer last night simply because of all that.

The game just summed up our season really, we went down whimpering and without fight.

I have to say though, one bright spot in this torrid season has been the fans. I've attended pretty much every game this season barring the odd one and from start to finish, we've backed this team to the hilt. Proud to be a part of those fans last night, we deserve so much better.

The game just summed up our season really, we went down whimpering and without fight.

I have to say though, one bright spot in this torrid season has been the fans. I've attended pretty much every game this season barring the odd one and from start to finish, we've backed this team to the hilt.  Proud to be a part of those fans last night, we deserve so much better.

One of our academy lads earning a callup to the England squad would be my only other highlight.

agree also.  Traore hasnt got the inclination,intelligance or the ability to be involved in any position that requires either tracking opposition runners or covering defensively.

the only way that any side may accomodate him is as a forward or playing directly behind a forward and thats going to take even more adaptation on his side. 

i dont think hes worth the time and effort tbh. Too many downsides to his ONE very good asset,albeit with no real end product as yet. our worst performer last night simply because of all that.

Playing as a number 10 in a 4-4-1-1 requires an awful lot of intelligence which Traore doesnt seem to have.

Just seen the video of conte going over to the boro fans..what a man..my new 2nd team

There were also plenty of pictures during the match where he was telling the ref to book our players. He was going nuts on the sideline making the "book the player" sign. That is something I don't like to see. Nevertheless it was a nice gesture of him.