oneBoro Forum

Ssshhhh he's a carthorse really.

A bit harsh.

He's better than that, at least mid-table PL quality, but he will get shown up by top-class midfielders and forwards.

Still I have to agree with whoever said he has been one of the very few positives from this season. he may not be the most skilful player, but he at least gives his all every game...which is more than you can say for a lot of the others.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I've just got back to my accommodation for the night. It was men against boys really from Chelsea's perspective. Agnew's lack of tactical nous setting the team up with Traore in there showed just how much he is not the man for the job. But even looking at the bench at half time, there was nothing there to inspire any kind of comeback.

Congratulations Chelsea, deserved champions and I'm sure they'll have a big party at the weekend. We need to make it clear that Agnew is not the man for us on Saturday, however it can be done, it must be done.

The away end tonight was incredible, we gave it our best shot to lift the players. One of the best away atmospheres I've ever been in.

For me, we need to build a team around Ayala, Friend, Clayton and (if he stays) De Roon. The rest are dispensable for me. Gibbo will be gone, which is a shame. A real clear-out with a forward-thinking attacking manager, otherwise our next Premier league thread will be 2024....

I just feel sad. Just sad.

There was nothing wrong with Traore being in the team but we're asking him to do things that aren't within his skill set. It's absolutely pointless asking a player like that to play as a virtual wingback because he can't do it. So you don't ask him to and instead task one of the midfielders with taking his defensive role when we lose the ball and ask him to shuffle into the middle. It's not like the three of them were doing much else.

There was nothing wrong with Traore being in the team but we're asking him to do things that aren't within his skill set. It's absolutely pointless asking a player like that to play as a virtual wingback because he can't do it. So you don't ask him to and instead task one of the midfielders with taking his defensive role when we lose the ball and ask him to shuffle into the middle. It's not like the three of them were doing much else.

Completely agree with this. If Traore is going to make it at any decent level he needs a manager who makes his job on the pitch as simple as possible, asking him to defend is stupid, because he can't. Even tracking back at all isn't really in his game. He'd be a good fit with Sam Allardyce I think, a man known for simplifying the game for his teams.

Ssshhhh he's a carthorse really.

A bit harsh.

He's better than that, at least mid-table PL quality, but he will get shown up by top-class midfielders and forwards.

Still I have to agree with whoever said he has been one of the very few positives from this season. he may not be the most skilful player, but he at least gives his all every game...which is more than you can say for a lot of the others.

I'm pretty sure CT was being sarcastic. Gibson is well above mid-table level in my opinion.

There was nothing wrong with Traore being in the team but we're asking him to do things that aren't within his skill set.  It's absolutely pointless asking a player like that to play as a virtual wingback because he can't do it.  So you don't ask him to and instead task one of the midfielders with taking his defensive role when we lose the ball and ask him to shuffle into the middle.  It's not like the three of them were doing much else.

That is exactly the point I am making. He was played in an ineffective position and was all over the place. 

The lad cannot defend, it's just not in his DNA, yet he can't shoot or cross either, so i wonder what he brings to the team, apart from his dribbling and take-ons?

Just trying to put teams off from buying him.  It might work.

As much as asking traore to defend might work ?

I honestly think me posting on here to put teams off buying Gibson has more chance of succeeding.

We were not good enough for the Premier League in all departments, simple as that. I'm not even upset to tell you the truth, the last relegation hurt more because I had never experienced one before as a fan. It's part and parcel of the game. What does hurt is the manner in which this season has unfolded both on and off the pitch.

No point crying over it. We need to come back stronger next season, I'm looking forward to it. We are going down with a stronger squad than the last time we went down. Few more tweaks here and there, proper manager and we're good to go.

Gibson is a top 8 CD every day of the week, he even did a good job against costa tonight when he was playing through the middle

De roon has impressed as the season has gone on.

Clayton has competed well on all the occasions I have seen him

Chambers and negredo will leave anyway. Trying to take positives is difficult isnt it

Special mention to the away support, excellent all season

Gone down and i feel flat, what a torrid season be nice now that everyone that isnt here next season including Gibson (although he should have a final fair well game at Liverpool for the fans to thank him), should be dropped and we should be playing a team like this -

gk Dimi

Lb Friend

cb - Fry

cb - Benardo

Rb - Husband

Lw - Downing

Cm - Leadbitter

Cm - Foreshaw

Rw - Fischer

St - Gestede

St - Bamford

Gone down and i feel flat, what a torrid season be nice now that everyone that isnt here next season including Gibson (although he should have a final fair well game at Liverpool for the fans to thank him), should be dropped and we should be playing a team like this -

gk Dimi

Lb Friend

cb - Fry

cb - Benardo

Rb - Husband

Lw - Downing

Cm - Leadbitter

Cm - Foreshaw

Rw - Fischer

St - Gestede

St - Bamford

Why would we play Husband at right back?

Well we've tried just about everything else so maybe the question is why wouldn't we? ;)

sat and watched it and tbh was relaxed about everything, i actually used the experience to try to assess players strengths and weaknesses .  maybe a bit unfair and the wrong fixture to do so given the gulf in positions  as it was one extreme vs the otherin that sense and my did it show. This is NOT a rant aimed at the team or individuals ,its just the  realisation of how out of our depth we are , especially against one of ,if not THE top team(s), i just had to smilingly admit to myself that we didnt really deserve to be on the same pitch as Chelsea , and i say that with sadness rather than annoyance. 

itwas almost like a tramp had wandered into a royal ball. we looked that much out of place. but like i said tonights match was tbf  not your average fixture level wise. theres no reason that we couldnt have competed with half of the teams in the premier league if we had done the correct groundwork,preperation, staff assemblement and dare i say it ..actually giving it a go.