oneBoro Forum

Hello Championship

Horrible season by all accounts. I want to say well done to Ben Gibson, an absolute consistent star in a shockingly bad team. Can't begrudge his eventual move to whichever PL team gets him.

At least next season can't be as bad as this.

Been a season to forget. Have we scored enough goals for a goal of the season competition?!

Looking forward to winning some games next season though!

Not sure if you can make it to the matches, but there's this embarrassing part before the game were we show half the goals we've scored this season on the big screen whilst the BBC Tees commentary for the goal flashes up on all the ad boards. At least that's over after the Southampton game.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We got what we deserved, not least because when things went wrong, Agnew was not the man to turn to. Nor is he now. A new manager, a clearout and hopefully some good recruitment this time and we go again.

Gibson will be bought, I'm sure. Traore for all his flaws might well get picked up. De Roon might have some suitors. Ramirez should be gone, quickly. Downing I suspect will remain, though that might not be best all round. I hope Chapman gets some game time next season in the squad. But some serious planning ahead, and the right manager choice is crucial.

I'm gonna reserve judgement on the club until August.

The fact is we, have a very difficult 3 months coming up. Screw it up and we're looking at another 7 years in that league.

This

Screw it up badly and we may be lucky to have 7 more seasons in the Championship....look at Blackburn, Blackpool etc

It's been ***.

I'll miss Negredo, Chambers, Valdes and Gibson.

Roll on winning some games again.

I'll miss Chambers and Gibson, I could not give a **** about the other two.  I'm still ****** off that Dimi was never given a chance, and Negredo was fine, nothing more than that.  I'd have preferred Bamford from the start of the season.

I remember saying earlier on this season that we were a championship quality side and some people criticised me for it. I'm very sad to be proven right.

Good summer clear out, new manager in and some good signings and we will be back in no time! Up The Boro!

But when you said Championship quality side, it turned out that the Premiership team was worse than the team that got promoted.

Horrible season by all accounts. I want to say well done to Ben Gibson, an absolute consistent star in a shockingly bad team. Can't begrudge his eventual move to whichever PL team gets him.

At least next season can't be as bad as this.

Been a season to forget. Have we scored enough goals for a goal of the season competition?!

Looking forward to winning some games next season though!

Not sure if you can make it to the matches, but there's this embarrassing part before the game were we show half the goals we've scored this season on the big screen whilst the BBC Tees commentary for the goal flashes up on all the ad boards. At least that's over after the Southampton game.

Haha yes I have noticed them. Most of them are really scrappy, average goals as well

I remember saying earlier on this season that we were a championship quality side and some people criticised me for it. I'm very sad to be proven right.

Good summer clear out, new manager in and some good signings and we will be back in no time! Up The Boro!

But when you said Championship quality side, it turned out that the Premiership team was worse than the team that got promoted.

So does that make this team a league one quality side haha?

It's been ***.

I'll miss Chambers and Gibson, I could not give a **** about the other two.  I'm still ****** off that Dimi was never given a chance, and Negredo was fine, nothing more than that.  I'd have preferred Bamford from the start of the season.

That's fair enough. I don't see why you'd hold Dimi not being given a chance against Valdes, he's been brilliant and well exceeded my already high expectations of what he'd bring. Negredo has contributed to over half of our goals, Bamford wouldn't have done that with the service we've provided this season. I know a lot, including me, have called for Bamford the past few weeks but that was through acceptance of our relegation, the realism of knowing Negredo won't come back, and wanting to at least give Bamford some competitive game time before next season.

Am I the only one who is relieved that the lame horse known as Boro has finally been put out of its misery?

Whether the chairman wants an immediate rebuild and promotion push, or will settle for a slow, gradual comeback, I'm just glad we're going to be competing with team more on our level again.

We've been so badly outclassed and outfought this season, its been painful to watch at times.

Hello Championship...I've missed you...

On a related subject, what do we think our strategy for next season is going to be? Will Gibson Snr use the parachute payments to finance a promotion push right away, or should we settle in for a long road back?

It's been ***.

Valdes has a good chance at winning "signing of the season" and you're ***ed because a 38 year old journeyman wasn't given a game in the PL? 

I can understand maybe being ***ed at the start of the year when people weren't sure how good he was going to be, but even now?

Watch bamford play the last couple of games and get a goal or 2.

Everytime he's played he's looked decent and looked like making something happen. I really hope he was injured.